A DLR Guide for WDW Vets

For everyone who has said this "should be a sticky", we totally agree, and it has been for quite a while. If you go to the last sticky thread by Mary Jo "Important information" you will find it under the first "mega link".

This sticky has 3 "mega links" on the front page, which further branch out to other links........it is great reading!

If we stickied them all indivigually our whole front page would be gone........

For everyone who has said this "should be a sticky", we totally agree, and it has been for quite a while. If you go to the last sticky thread by Mary Jo "Important information" you will find it under the first "mega link".

This sticky has 3 "mega links" on the front page, which further branch out to other links........it is great reading!

If we stickied them all indivigually our whole front page would be gone........
Judy, I have been meaning to remind everyone that this DLR guide thread is available in the sticky area of DIS (FWIW, here is a link to the page to which Judy is referring www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=43446). I just had not gotten around to it.

I believe the people who have been posting recently about stickies were referring to my compilation thread (this one - www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1520483). You guys (mostly gals I think) on DIS do a great job of organizing the stickies, and in truth DIS already has more stickies that most forums have. So I am not sure adding even more stickies to an already crowded sticky area is a good idea.

With that said, I do think the DLR abbreviations thread I started (www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1520784) is a good candidate for a sticky. Not that I am lobbying, but the moderators should consider it. If the moderators want to take over keeping it up to date, well, it is public info here and you can hijack the content and make it a sticky somewhere. Indeed, I copied liberally from the WDW abbreviations thread when I started it - as I noted in the thread. :)

Such great info...especially for a WDW VET...I have only been to DL once and we are considering going next year...in between WDW trips...I am really excited about DL after reading your phenominal post! Thanks for putting in such much time and effort into it!

Judy, I have been meaning to remind everyone that this DLR guide thread is available in the sticky area of DIS (FWIW, here is a link to the page to which Judy is referring www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=43446). I just had not gotten around to it.

I believe the people who have been posting recently about stickies were referring to my compilation thread (this one - www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1520483). You guys (mostly gals I think) on DIS do a great job of organizing the stickies, and in truth DIS already has more stickies that most forums have. So I am not sure adding even more stickies to an already crowded sticky area is a good idea.

With that said, I do think the DLR abbreviations thread I started (www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1520784) is a good candidate for a sticky. Not that I am lobbying, but the moderators should consider it. If the moderators want to take over keeping it up to date, well, it is public info here and you can hijack the content and make it a sticky somewhere. Indeed, I copied liberally from the WDW abbreviations thread when I started it - as I noted in the thread. :)

Okay dokay !

Wow! Thanks! What a great thread! I have been to WDW over 12 times, but have only been to DL once. We are considering a trip to DL to meet with extended family over thanksgiving, and this thread is just what I needed!:thumbsup2

I've been to so many places where I see numerous Disney World enthusiasts bashing Disneyland, but I'm glad to see many people here appreciate the one and only original, Disneyland.

With the addition of California Adventure, giving me just as much entertainment and fun as both MGM Studios and Animal Kingdom combined, I’m left only envying Epcot. However, once the remodel of California Adventure is complete, I’m positive I won’t miss Epcot as much.

You just can’t beat the original Tiki Room, the look of It’s A Small World, the larger Toon Town, the superior Pirates of the Caribbean, and seeing Tinker Bell fly from The Matterhorn to Sleeping Beauty's Castle in Disneyland.

The best aspects of Disneyland are the convenience being able to walk everywhere brings you, (giving you more time inside the parks), the extra attractions, The Matterhorn, Indian Jones, Submarine Voyage etc., and of course, the magic knowing Walt Disney actually stepped foot inside the park.

-Disneyland Enthusiast right here, baby! :hippie:

I can't begin to tell you how thankfull I am for the info provided in this post:cheer2: This is our first trip to the west coast and my DW and I are really looking forward to it after moving from FL to TX and enjoying WDW for over 28 years.. thanks again James and D.Anne

Thanks so much! I had a terrific 21 hours at DLR thanks to the information you've shared here. Now I just have to figure out a way to go back -- and soon!

I am grateful for this thread. I've been to WDW twice now and, being the compulsive researcher/over-planner, feel reasonably familiar with it. I'm going to DL in mid-May (as kind of an add-on to a few days of visiting family in Los Angeles) for the first time in something in excess of 20 years (I think I was still in single digit age last time). I've had a sense that DL is different from WDW, but now I understand how, and that will allow me to bring my compulsive researching/over-planning to bear (it's a comfort zone thing). Though I must say, it feels really strange to be 3 months out and not have one dinner reservation yet.

Elizabeth

:worship: :worship: WOW! Thank you so much! This was perfect info for me. I've been to WDW 4 times and we're considering a trip to DL, this is exactly the info I wanted and the price can't be beat! :lmao: Thanks for all of your hard work! :lovestruc

Thanks so much for all your hard work on this! Wow...just wanted I needed for our May trip!! :banana:

We actually read it a bit ago...just forgot to post my "THANKS!"

This is definitely a must read for all WDW vets going to DL. :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2 Wow! What a great thread. Thank you for taking the time to put the guide together.

We are WDW vets planning a trip to DLR next year. This has been a great resource for us.

:goodvibes Jennifer

Thanks so much for this thread!!! We are WDW vets and although we have been to DL/DCA once it was a spur of the moment trip with practiclly no planning and I missed many important things because I didn't do my research.

We will possibly be in So Cal again next March and will try to visit DLR again. This time I will be much better prepared because I found this thread. Thank You!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter