A few of my cheapskate ideas

allicat1214

CajunDisneyMom
Okay, I'm a real cheapskate.

I love thrift stores, consignment stores, garage sales, etc.

You can't believe how many used Disney t-shirts, sweatshirts, toys, etc. that are out there and are REALLY CHEAP.

I've spoken with many of my friends and realize that it's probably a female thing....it's our version of hunting. You might have to go through a lot of stuff, but when you find something great....it's such a rush. (Okay...it doesn't take much to please me!LOL)

Anyway, I've bought several good quality sweatshirts for my kids, plus t-shirts and night shirts for $2-3 a piece. These include Mickey, Minnie, Princesses, and MGM Studios. I've also found a basic white Mickey sweatshirt and a great red fleece shirt with Mickey embroidered in upper right corder for me. We'll bring them on our trip and wear something Disney everyday.
It is hard to find good quality used men's clothes though......(that's because they never through anything out, right??!!!!???)....so I haven't gotten anything for my DH. I do have a few more weeks to look though!

I also found used lap desks that I bought and cleaned and we will use for the long drive, along with closet hanger organizers that I will tie around the back of the front seats for my 2 kids to put their "stuff" in such as crayons, books, to keep them handy.

I hope you might find these ideas helpful.

Thanks for the fresh ideas...that is why I continue to read these pages day in and day out!!!!!!!!!!Keep those good ideas comming!

I love thrift shops! My girlfriend and I would take a day and hit them all! It was so much fun! We would leave the kids home and take off! I have gotten some great deals! Plus I love outgrown clothing sales around here! even cheaper stuff and tons to pick through. I do find as my kids get bigger the selection drops but still fun to look and see......

LOL its a BIG event here when we hold "RETIRMENTS" for hubbys tshirts and boxers LOL! MEn are packrats even worse than women!!!!!!!!!!

This is WHY I do Yard Sales every Sat. and Sun. I usually find a nice OLD Pyrex bowl for a dollar or 2 and find it in my book listed for 15-35.00! :D

This is a great thread! My ds and I found two great WDW items for him at a thrift shop last summer -- a wonderful Animal Kingdom tee and a cozy hooded Mickey sweatshirt. He wore them both on our last trip (and of course wears them all the time at home, too!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter