A first time planners TRIP REPORT! Sept 2014 Final Update 5.19!

You guys are SO CUTE!!!! love the wake up morning of Disney day!!!! LOOOOOOOOOVE IT!

he has already been bitten by the Disney bug and your only at the resort! :woohoo: :yay:

This is going to be awesome!!!!

I love that Joe got excited right away!
The resort pictures are so beautiful.

Can't wait to read what happens next!

I am too! Thank goodness!

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who's usually up late packing only to have to get up in a few hours to leave for Disney!

Oh, I adore the sign that you awoke to-that's pretty awesome!

Too funny that Joe was called a "Disney Virgin" at the airport...I would have been slightly embarrassed!

I LOVE seeing your Caribbean Beach pics...the rooms sure look different from when we stayed there, but that was way back in 2007. It's beautiful and they did a great job with the refurb. I'm really glad that you got all your requests and had such a great location!

I really thought I would have been packed ahead of time, but oh well! It worked out fine and we were too excited to sleep anyways!

It was a little embarrassing/awkward- especially because I'm pretty sure the women didn't include "Disney" when yelling it!

When we first started looking at resorts, I wasn't thrilled with the rooms at CBR but we booked anyways because of Free Dining. THEN shortly after they started refurbishing them and I really loved them! I would love to stay there again but I want to try out some other resorts too!

Oh boy, the bug has already bit him, and you hadn't been on property a day yet! :goodvibes

I have stayed one time a CBR, and while I loved the atmosphere, we were just a bit overwhelmed by how big it was. The renovated room looks absolutely beautiful!

I have a feeling I know what's coming about the pin. My DH never likes to wear the birthday/anniversary buttons, but I assure you, they are mysteriously found on his person in the end. ::yes::

I know, it was so funny. I am so glad he's hooked!

I was nervous about the size of the resort at first, but our location really helped!

Haha, I love it- you are headed in the right direction about the pin. :thumbsup2

Joining into your trip report. :)
I know what it feels like to be super busy right before a trip. One year in 2008 we went to disney, we always pack last minute because we don't bring a whole lot. Anyway, it turned out my grandmother fell down the stairs 2 days before the trip (it was just my mom and me on the trip but my mom was kind of like her main care giver). So we know what it feels like to pack last minute with stuff happening.

I am looking forward to your trip. I love reading about people's first time At Disney. :)

Thanks for joining! :thumbsup2 Being busy before a trip is stressful, but your situation sounds even more so! I'm sorry that happened, I hope everything worked out for the best!

My mom and I have never gone together (she probably hasn't gone since I was a baby?) I would LOVE one day to do a Mother/Daughter trip. :goodvibes

I'm subbing in. It's so great to see another "Disney Virgin" get converted! :rotfl:

Glad you're here!!! :cool1:

Following along, as we were there at the same time. :)

Awesome! Glad you are here. I hope you had a great trip!

OK, I'm thinkin' this Joe guy is a keeper!! ;)

I LOVE this! AND ME TOO! :love:

You guys are SO CUTE!!!! love the wake up morning of Disney day!!!! LOOOOOOOOOVE IT!

he has already been bitten by the Disney bug and your only at the resort! :woohoo: :yay:

This is going to be awesome!!!!

Awww..THANK YOU!! I hope I can keep it entertaining!! :banana:

Joining in! I'd say that if Joe was already planning the next trip by day 2 you did a great job converting the Disney virgin :rotfl:

I love the sliding doors for the bathroom area in your room!

Sounds like a nice first day ... I mean, any day that includes getting drinks and lying in a hammock is pretty cool - and then to be doing that in Disney World is even better :thumbsup2

Joining in! I'd say that if Joe was already planning the next trip by day 2 you did a great job converting the Disney virgin :rotfl:

I love the sliding doors for the bathroom area in your room!

Sounds like a nice first day ... I mean, any day that includes getting drinks and lying in a hammock is pretty cool - and then to be doing that in Disney World is even better :thumbsup2

Thanks for joining!!

I am so glad he now loves it! My dad told me when Joe and I first started dating that we had to go to Disney before we got married because he knew that was a make it or break it deal! So it's a good thing he loves it!

Our room was awesome, I'm was so happy with our resort choice!

Since it was just the two of us we were lucky to enjoy a lot of relaxation and drinks! :goodvibes

Joining in! Glad to see your planning went well, and so psyched that Joe jumped on the Disney band wagon so quickly! Can't wait to see you adventure together!

Subscribing. Our trips overlapped with each other. We were at the CBR September 5-13 and were in Jamaica, Building 43. The trip went by so fast for us. Can't wait to read more about your trip. :)

Joining in! Glad to see your planning went well, and so psyched that Joe jumped on the Disney band wagon so quickly! Can't wait to see you adventure together!

Yay! Thank you or joining in!

I am so excited that he jumped on the band wagon too! Excited you are here to follow along :goodvibes

Subscribing. Our trips overlapped with each other. We were at the CBR September 5-13 and were in Jamaica, Building 43. The trip went by so fast for us. Can't wait to read more about your trip. :)

Hi Welcome!! That is awesome our trip overlapped and we were just a few buildings away from eachother! I agree that our trip went by way too fast as well. I'm glad you are following along!! :)

Oh, this looks like it was a really fun trip!

It was! Can't wait to tell you more about it!

I left off, I think, with us just relaxing around the resort. Around 4PM, we went back to our room to get ready and we were headed to the monorail resorts before our Chef Mickey dinner at 7:50PM.

Once we were ready, we headed out to wait for our first Disney Bus of the trip!
AND this is where the title of the post comes in...

He took a super cute picture with his "First Time" button, but after that I don't think he touched it for the rest of the trip! :mad:

Actually, I lied. He did touch it the rest of the trip- each morning because every day before we would walk out of our room I would say "DO YOU HAVE YOUR PIN?!" and he would grab it and put it in his bag. hahaha It was funny, I couldn't complain though- Joe was fully embracing every other aspect of Disney. :rotfl:

We had talked about trying to go to each Monorail resort- our plan was to start at the Polynesian, go to Grand Floridian, and end at the Contemporary.

As we were pulling into the Magic Kingdom to get to the Monorail, it started raining a little bit. Of course we had nothing with us to cover up, but that was ok we only had a quick walk from the bus to the Monorail.

We got on the Monorail and Joe really liked it! He was taking pictures of the Grand Floridian because I had told him all about when I would stay there with my Dad when I was younger. He NEVER takes pictures, that is always my job, so I loved that he kept taking so many during our trip! These aren't the best, but it was so sweet he was taking pictures of the GF since he knew it holds a special place in my heart. :lovestruc

So, we could have used the "first-time" pins when we looked like super NEWBIES as we got off at the Ticket & Transportation Center...thinking it was the Polynesian. I had it in my head that the Polynesian stop was right after the Contemporary. So we got off the Monorail... walked down a little & I kept saying..the Polynesian looks really far from here! So we asked someone...realized where we were..and ran right back up to the Monorail we had just gotten off of! :rotfl2: Oops!

We finally made it! I have never been to the Polynesian and despite the construction, it still was very pretty! I wouldn't have wanted to be staying there though because you could tell there was a LOT of construction going on. The plan was to have some drinks, especially a Lapu Lapu, at the Tambu Lounge. We walked around for about 10/15 minutes before finally asking someone for help to get to the Tambu Lounge. Again, probably should have had our pins on!

We had so much fun here and enjoyed our drinks so much that we decided to just stay here until we wanted to head to dinner. We would be headed to the GF later in the week so it was ok to skip that one tonight!

Joe in front of some tiki men!

THE BEST DRINK EVER!

After our fun time at the Polynesian, we got back on the Monorail to go the Contemporary. When we got there we had about 30 minutes till our reservation so we did a little shopping. Joe found a plain blue tshirt that had a lighter colored mickey in the bottom corner of the shirt and he loved it so he bought that. Be on a look out in pictures later in the TR because he wore it the very next day! :goodvibes

We then headed into Chef Mickeys- I had never been here, heard mixed reviews, and we weren't sure how we were going to like interacting with characters but I wanted to at least give it a try and I thought this would be a good way to meet the fab 5 without waiting in any lines!

First photo pass picture of the trip!

We had fun meeting the characters even though we were a little shy at first! It was difficult too because here the characters don't have anyone walking with them so we had to ask the table next to us if they minded taking some pictures so we could have both of us in the picture! We also had all 5 of them sign a photo matte that we will use with a picture from our trip!

We enjoyed the food & meeting the characters but I just didn't love the atmosphere. I can't pin point exactly what I didn't love about the atmosphere but it sort of felt like we were at a child's second birthday party or something. I wouldn't go back with the two of us, but I would definitely go back with kids!

I'm not sure if we ate quick or the characters were moving around slowly but we were done before all the characters had gotten to us. We were both exhausted after a long day so we ordered coffee and waited for the rest of them to come around before we left.

Leaving dinner:

We caught the tail end of the Electric Water Parade as we walked from the Contemporary back to the Magic Kingdom. This walk was so nice, I've never done that before!

Last photo of the day because until we left, I still thought opening the doors with our MB's was so cool :thumbsup2:cool1:

Up Next: I just LOVE giving them hugs!

sounds like a fun evening to take the monorail around and check out the different resorts.

I had the Lapu Lapu for the first time last trip and it is really good - plus how often can you drink out of a pineapple?!?!?

We've never done Chef Mickey's - mostly for the atmosphere and the food hasn't excited us, but probably should take the kids there some day

Looks like a fun time all around! Although I'm kind of with you - Chef Mickey's always seemed a little ... not Disney? Not themed properly? I don't know how to explain it. It's just out there in the middle of the CR and it doesn't seem right to me somehow.

Love the monorail trip, and that you caught your mistake at the TTC and hopped back on (though you COULD have walked to the Poly from there if you had to).

You can already tell Joe is enjoying it all by his face in the pictures!

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't love Chef Mickey's. I can understand why you felt a little awkward with the characters at first. Mike and I definitely felt that way on our first couple of trips. But please don't be shy about trying it again without kids--it can be a lot of fun. It does stink that it's sometimes hard to get photos when it's just two of you. I don't know why they sometimes have attendants with the characters and sometimes they don't.

I don't think opening the door with MagicBands ever get old. Every time Mike and I would go to open ours we'd take turns and have to remember whose turn it was. Where else but Disney can you get excited about opening a door!!!

That's why I haven't tried Chef Mickey's yet. I love all the other character meals I've tried -- which is probably most of the ones available -- but every time I've ridden through that area on the monorail, Chef Mickey's is packed with screaming kids, giving the impression that it's the least adult-friendly of all the character meals. Also I've seen many comments that their food isn't very good. Someday I may try it out of curiosity, but it seems pricey for a place with that many screaming kids, and apparently mediocre food....

Great character meals for adults include Tusker House, 1900 Park Fare, Garden Grill, etc. Not saying there aren't kids there, but the noise level is more normal and less crazy.

HA! a 2 years old B-Day party!! that is SO TRUE! :lmao: Right on the head you called it!
But i do like Chef Mickey's.. :thumbsup2

My dream is to one day own DVC at VGF. I'm lucky enough to own at SSR, so it's truly a pipe dream. The resort is just so elegant and beautiful. :love:

Love the Lapu Lapu!! I am going to try and get one of those in March for sure.

Aww, too bad about the button! He would've gotten so much attention! I suppose that might be why he didn't wear it! :rotfl:

I've only been to Chef Mickey's once, and I agree with your description completely. It's so loud in there no matter what, and you feel rushed in some strange way. I'd only go back if Maddie wanted to.

great start. Keep up the good writing!

Love that your boyfriend loved Disney. Can't wait to here more details.

We are not fans of Chef Mickey's either. We like the breakfast buffet at Boma at Animal Kingdom Lodge, no characters, but a nice breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter