A Hop, NO Skip, and Many Mishaps to a Disney Dream!

HI:wave2: I am starting to read your trip report and I am on page 8 now. I am thoroughly enjoying it. You are a great writer! I like that you are honest about even the negative aspects of the trip because that makes it so much more real. I can't wait to read more of it. Thanks for doing the trip report!

Hello all! We just got back from a fabulous “Dream” trip on the Disney Dream, along with a stay at Residence Inn, Cape Canaveral, Pop Century at WDW, and Residence Inn near Sea World, with a few park visits to Magic Kingdom, Sea World and Epcot!

The dates of this trip were March 30th to April 6th.

Let’s get started with the introductions of who was SUPPOSED to go on this trip.

Me~ Jennifer~ The mom of 3 LOVELY Children (though they are not always lovely at the same time…or even all the time) I am a very BIG Disney fan and am always trying to think of a way to get there!

Skip~ My Wonderful husband of almost 9 years. He is a good dad, and he even puts up with my passion for Disney…though usually with a lot of eye rolling.

Claire~ a 6 year old girl who loves Disney very much and was very excited to take her first Cruise, as well as seeing and dressing like the Princesses.

My 2 other children are now adults and did not travel with us nor really want to for the most part. They are Michael and Paige.

As the title will tell you, we had a few mishaps, and there was a cast change…more on that in a bit.

Now for a little background info…….history. It is a little long, but I promise, I have a ton of pictures to post after all of this!

This is one of those trips that I thought just never would happen…I know, you’ve heard it all before, but HONESTLY, it really took a LONG time to get to this point.

We have gone to Disney with Claire in March of 2007, 2008 and 2009. I really wanted to go again in 2010. Skip had had a hip replacement in late 2009 and just was not ready to go back in early 2010. But believe me, I tried to convince him all the same. Claire and I then came up with the plan that we should go for her 6th birthday in December. Skip said he would think about it. Through out the year, we got a lot of “some days”, “we’ll sees”, and “maybes”.
In the mean time, Skip was still having troubles with his hip and had been sent to several different Drs…all of them claiming to have no clue what was wrong with him.
In Oct Skip started talking more about a possible Dec. trip. We had dates set, and places we want to go, etc.
Then he threw a wrench in my plans. “How much does a Disney cruise cost?”…. I was shocked! I had tried to convince him to do this in 2009 for my 40th birthday, but when it came down to it, he decided he would rather go to WDW. He had worries about a cruise with a little one with us.
I did some quick pricing, and the price for 3 nights on the Wonder, along with a few nights at WDW were almost the same as 7 nights at WDW. Before making it a done deal, Skip had one more Dr’s appointment he wanted to attend and see what was determined. This was with his hip Dr. who had claimed all year long that nothing was wrong with the hip.
Things totally changed this day. The Dr found that the implant had never adhered to the bone and the replacement was going to need to be replaced. It was scheduled for Dec 6th….2 days before we had planned to leave for our vacation.
Plans then were postponed and we decided we would go in March and still be able to catch the free dining. (I must note that even though we agreed on this, Skip sometimes doesn’t listen to me and just agrees anyways).
Mid January rolls around, Skip seems to be healing well, and I mention that we have to have Disney paid for soon to be able to get the free dining. Skip goes in panic mode and says, he doesn’t care about saving money (yeah right) and he would rather go in May now, but he WOULD NOT commit to any dates. Let’s just say that I wasn’t happy, and for a few days there wasn’t much talking going on at all in our house.

A few days later, Skip mentions he has called a Travel Agent and has looked at possibly going on the Disney Dream or going to Disneyland in CA. My job then, was to spend lots of hours on the computer pricing several scenarios, we chose the 3 night Dream, with a few added park days.
FINALLY a trip is booked!

Just happened to find this..reading now..

Saving to read..lol Ty for sharing

I read this one! ^^ My trip report is in my signature. The "Live From"!

I'll have to get over there in the next week or so and start reading.

HI:wave2: I am starting to read your trip report and I am on page 8 now. I am thoroughly enjoying it. You are a great writer! I like that you are honest about even the negative aspects of the trip because that makes it so much more real. I can't wait to read more of it. Thanks for doing the trip report!

Hi.
Thanks for reading. I try to tel labout the good the bad and the ugly. ;)
I also have to ohter TR's I have written since then about cruising. The links are in my signature. One is "I love commedians with guitars" thats about the Magic out of Galveston and the one I am currently working on is " The places we go the people we see". That is about the Dream

Just happened to find this..reading now..

Thanks for reading. I enjoy writing them.

Look like y'all had a great time! I can't wait for our cruise in October!

Thanks! it was a good time.

Thank you so much for posting all about your trip! I enjoyed all of the stories and photos. It makes me super excited for our cruise on the Disney Dream next November.

Thank you so much for posting all about your trip! I enjoyed all of the stories and photos. It makes me super excited for our cruise on the Disney Dream next November.

Thanks for reading. My current report I am writing also includes a 4 night Dream in Nov. It's in my signature. "Oh the places we go".

Someone asked me to bump up my cruise TR's...so I am bumping...and so you all know why you see them popping up. ;)

thanks. Are you planning a trip on the Dream soon? It is so much fun. I will be sailing the Magic next month. I can't wait!
It's so exiting!! Have a nice trip ! I will be sailing the Dream next September.:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter