A Jolly Holiday with Masseys: THE TRIP REPORT - WDW Dec2019

Good choice.

I'm looking forward to it.

Not necessary. Calories don't count when you're on vacation.

Good point, I had forgotten about that.

I like the Plaza. I didn't care for the meatloaf, though. Mine is far superior (not bragging. There's was just very bland.)

Point taken, don't get the meatloaf. This reminds me I need to go look over all the menus.

You got one?!?!?

oooooooohhhhh... :worship:

:dancer:

I thought you might like it.

Precisely why I don't care to eat there.
I've had my share of multiple Rainforest Cafe meals (similarly loud) and I'm quite over it.

I find it loud too but Dennis and the kids love it.

He looks pretty happy. :)

He really was.

Not bad. How does it compare to other establishments?

She really likes it. She's had it several time.

Very dark. Must be burnt.

:rolleyes2

:sad2:

Good ADRs!

Thanks!

You will love WBG, get the Burrata and Mac and cheese balls, so delicious. The meatballs are delicious too.

So many choices. I may have to do an app only meal.

I would love to get a lounge ADR at Space 220. We loved our food there.

Are you going to try for it for April?

I have canceled Brown Derby each time I have had it reserved, ugh! I hope you keep yours! The Cobb salad sounds yummy

We've cancelled in the past too so I really want to get it this time.

I will be making my ADRs in a few weeks.

Good Luck!

I know we are going to do Homecomin for sure!

That's another place Danielle and I want to try.

I love Dinosaurs weird I know for a middle aged woman but I love Trex and Jurassic park at USO oh and of course Dinosaur at AK! Good choice in my book!

We're a Dinosaur loving family too.

I think a solo trip is perfect for trying new things or even just doing some things that take up a lot of time that the family aren’t interested in like the tour. There’s so much on offer at WDW I’d have no problem filling a few weeks there doing things just for me- need to buy a lottery ticket and win to fund this dream solo trip mind 🤣🤣

I think a solo trip is perfect for trying new things or even just doing some things that take up a lot of time that the family aren’t interested in like the tour. There’s so much on offer at WDW I’d have no problem filling a few weeks there doing things just for me- need to buy a lottery ticket and win to fund this dream solo trip mind 🤣

I totally agree and I bought some lottery tickets but I never win. :sad1:

We still had to check our luggage and store our carry-ons before catching the bus to DS.
Even though it was a stressful experience on this day I really do miss being able to do this.

I really, REALLY miss this. If you have time to go to DTD or a park on your last day, you have to cut it short by at least an hour and a half to go back to the resort and get your luggage. Sucks. What happened to all the perks and incentives that made Disney extra special? :(

No, it's not a national holiday, just my ADR day.

Might as well be!! ;)

Brown Derby for late dinner on 2 days,
You will LOVE it!

Cobb Salad and Grapefruit Cake (salad should cancel out the cake, right :rolleyes: ).

Of course!!

I made an ADR for Wine Bar George for 8:30 on my AK day. I've been dying to try it after reading about it in everyone else's reports.

One of my very favorites for sure. Love the deep fried mac and cheese balls.

It's not something I would do if on a trip with the family but it's perfect on a solo trip.

I've wanted to do that for such a long time. Not sure if I ever will. Disney is starting to feel very $$$ and I have a lot of other travel I want to do.

I really, REALLY miss this. If you have time to go to DTD or a park on your last day, you have to cut it short by at least an hour and a half to go back to the resort and get your luggage. Sucks. What happened to all the perks and incentives that made Disney extra special? :(

Disney has been taking away all the perks one by one.

You will LOVE it!

I'm really looking forward to it.

One of my very favorites for sure. Love the deep fried mac and cheese balls.

Another vote for the mac and cheese balls.

I've wanted to do that for such a long time. Not sure if I ever will. Disney is starting to feel very $$$ and I have a lot of other travel I want to do.

The price does keep going up. I understand why lots of people are no longer going. I have other places I would like to travel to but getting to see Danielle keeps drawing me back.

Saturday, December 21, 2019-Disney Springs Christmas Tree Trail

Once we finished lunch we split up. Dennis, Danielle, Michelle and John Paul all went to shop in World of Disney. I made a beeline for the Christmas Tree Trail. I really wanted to see the trees. I wish I had had time to seen them at night all lit up too. I do think seeing them during the day helps to see more of the details. The trees were set up all over Disney Springs this past December and we only visited at night. It was so pretty to see them lit up but I had trouble seeing which tree was which.

I have way too many pictures of the trees but it was great getting to go at my own pace and really look.

The first tree was a representation of the parks.

The Minnie Tree

Beauty and the Beast.

Sleeping Beauty.

Continued in next post.

The final tree. Fantasia.

And of course some Toy Soldiers.

I didn't always get to take pictures from the best angles due to the many people going through the trail, but I'm happy with what I did get. Did anyone have a favorite tree? I liked so many I can't really say I had a favorite.

Once I finished looking I headed straight for the Christmas Store. I had a few more purchases I wanted to make. I try to pick up an ornament every year we go for our tree at home. This trip I picked a few extras. While I was checking out I got the call the others were done shopping and ready to check out.

I snapped this on the way back and even offered to take a picture for a family.

Once everyone was checked out we headed to the Pop bus stop. John Paul was out cold.

We were cutting it close but had time to get our carry on bags from storage and them made a mad dash to use up the rest of our snack credits. Dennis, Danielle and I used most of ours in the Pop store. Michelle went to the grab and go and got this little treat we all shared on Magical Express.

I took some pictures of the trees in Pop. We were there for a week but I never seemed to find the time to stop and check out the trees.

A last tribute to the Party we never got to fully enjoy.

Up next the final journey back home.

Thanks so much for sticking with us to the end.

So many beautiful trees. Love the tree topper on the Princess and the Frog tree but all of them are beautiful. The tree at Pop was gorgeous too. You got some great photos.
I love spending those leftover snack credits to bring some Disney home. Makes the holiday feeling last just a little bit longer 😀

Once we finished lunch we split up.
I'm so sorry to heat that!!

Wait... we're not talking about the same thing, are we...
I really wanted to see the trees.
I've tried, but I never can see them for the forest.
I wish I had had time to seen them at night all lit up too. I do think seeing them during the day helps to see more of the details.
I love Christmas trees at night... just something magical about it.
The Haunted Mansion. This tree was the best themed and most creepiest.
::yes::
Best tree ever. :snooty:
I didn't always get to take pictures from the best angles due to the many people going through the trail, but I'm happy with what I did get.
You sure got lots! Those trees are amazing. So creative!
Did anyone have a favorite tree?
I think I left a very subtle clue about that.
Once I finished looking I headed straight for the Christmas Store.
You weren't Xmas-oversaturated????
Once everyone was checked out we headed to the Pop bus stop. John Paul was out cold.
Man... I'd love to just pass out in a park (or DS) and have someone wheel me back to my room. :laughing:
mmm... looks good.
A last tribute to the Party we never got to fully enjoy.
ah well...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter