" A Millionaireless Trip"

DizzyBell

Mouseketeer
Well.... one week from today we return again~
This will be our first time without "Millionaire"...
It was always a soft place to land either to recharge ourselves...or just plain "let's play the game"....
I remember when "Mr. Toad's" went away it always left an empty space in our hearts. Although through the years so many wonderful things have come into our WORLD there, when you make WDW your vacation every year for over 30 years... most times several times a year... you have your favorite places and things. So, I will walk towards the "Hat" once again at MGM and maybe get a little teary eyed for a moment as I turn down the path towards where she was and as I pass by and wonder what new magic awaits us...I will say farewell to so many memories. pirate: I will welcome the appearance of "Jack"! I will look forward to seeing Nemo! But I will remain MILLIONAIRELESS all the same!
Looking forward to my DOLE WHIP and :rotfl: my comic relief with the guys at the Warehouse ... I remain a FAN!

I, too, will be a bit sad when we're there next month and I don't have the excitement of a Millionaire game to look forward to. Since our first trip back in November 2003, it was a quest of mine to get on stage. Three trips ago I cracked the top ten board...two trips ago I was #1 on the board the last two times they showed it, but the game ended before it was my turn...on our last trip I finally did it. I messed up on my 64,000 point question, but it was still lots of fun. I would have enjoyed trying to get DH up there this time.

My 3 children made it into the fastest finger seats in 2004 and I was thrilled. I always held out hope that I would make it into the hot seat and become the coolest mom in the world when I won the cruise.

Thanks for posting! I have so many favorite spots in the WORLD and this was one! It will be missed but as a Year of a Million Dreams is here upon us we can only thank a man who allowed a tiny mouse to give us more than a MILLION dreams over the years ~ Thanks WALT!

I am going next month for the first time since the end of WWTBAM-PI!.I was a HUGE fan.I have also been wondering what a trip will be like without it.I will be glad when they open the new attraction there so that area will not feel so "empty". :)

Count me in with the group missing Millionaire! I absolutely loved playing that game, and when DH and I went to WDW alone, we would spend half a day playing Millionaire! With the kids, we'd go once as a family, and I'd go once while they were on RNR if I could schedule it just right! :cloud9:

I've been in the hot seat at both DL and WDW, and am grateful I've at least got my pins/hats/shirts as memories! Didn't quite get the cruise :rolleyes: but I was one question away once!!!

Im sad about being Millionaireless too. Every year I went I dragged my sister to come and play with me like 4 times a day. I loved it and wanted to get back into that hot seat.

I also miss Millionare. What also troubles me is how Disney hasn't announced any details about what is replacing it. That one section of MGM has NOTHING!

metsfan11 said:
I also miss Millionare. What also troubles me is how Disney hasn't announced any details about what is replacing it. That one section of MGM has NOTHING!

Actually, there has been quite a lot about the proposed replacement, this off screamscape...
"2008 - Midway Mania - Semi-Confirmed - (9/22/06) Sources tell us that Midway Mania is on track to open in 2008 at this time, and Disney will likely make the announcement about it around October 1st.
(6/21/06) It seems virtually a sure thing now that Midway Mania has been given the green light for both California Adventure and for the Studios to open in late 2008 or early 2009. The latest buzz from our insiders this week claimed that the ride may be a mix of Buzz Lightyear with Universal’s popular Spiderman dark ride, complete with 3D glasses and a large spinning car that will hold between 8-12 riders. In fact the latest article over at Mice Age talks a bit about the proposed new ride and how riders will be armed with a kind of X-Ray flashlight gun to reveal hidden animated scenes and effects. There is also reference to a new technology patent assigned to Disney that describes the effect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter