A Newbie to WL: Convince Me Standard View is OK

MEM

DIS Veteran
I just booked WL at an AP rate of $114 for standard and was doing my little happy dance. Then I tried wading through the active thread on WL and seemed to find only negative reviews about Standard view. They can't all be near the service area, can they? They can't all be noisy locations? I need some encouragement about the view and/or advice on which rooms within standard to request! I convinced friends to switch to WL with me and don't want them to be disappointed. Upgrading is not an option financially.

Thanks for any advice you experts can provide.

I am also staying in a standard view for the first time at WL. I have done both Woods and Courtyard views there before.
Frankily, I cannot imagine a "bad" room at WL. Just being at the WL is good enough for me, heck I would sleep in the kitchen.
I plan on requesting a room in the North Wing and hoping I might get a partial Woods view.

I just booked a standard room for August. I honestly don't worry about the view, because we're never in our room that long. I'm just thrilled to be staying there.;) We have wanted to do this since the first time we seen it. I have always stayed in a standard room at Disney resorts and I haven't been disappointed yet!! JMHO!;)

I'm only concerned about nighttime noise and don't expect a great view. Thank you!

I always booked the least expensive room at WL and I believe that would be a standard room. I always request a room where I can view the fireworks from the MK- and as far as I can remember, no problems with the view. I think once my husband leaned over the balcony and said he could see the garbage trucks. You'll be fine.

I'm in the same situation . . . new to WL and thoroughly overwhelmed with what to request in terms of our standard view preferences! Manhattan, I'd like to request to see the fireworks from our room (kids are young and may not be able to stay late at the park) - have you had good success with this request? Did you leave it open-ended (i.e. "just want to view the fireworks") or did you request specific room/floor? Thanks!

NJFabFour-
The first time I just faxed in a request for a room where we could view the fireworks from our room. We were on the fourth floor in the lobby area. The only thing I did not like about it was the restaurant in the lobby can get pretty rowdy, add in some cheerleaders and you won't be going to sleep early. The second time I requested specific rooms and when we arrived at around 4:00 pm our room was not ready- but it was worth waiting for it to see the fireworks at night. I know I have the papers at home, I will check tonight and post the room numbers later.

DW and I love WL, have stayed there 5 times (I think) all but one in a standard view. As long as you are on the North side of the building you have a view of the fireworks. I have never heard enough noise to interfere with anything. The hub-bub from the restaurant is usually over by 9PM anyway.

We stayed in a wood's view room in 2001 and loved it. We just booked the FTP today with a standard room. We're not worried at all. This resort is so awesome, I'd stay in just about any room they put me in. We're just so glad to be going back and staying at the WL again. We didn't spend that much time in our room. So the view isn't a big deal to us. We'd rather use that money somewhere else.

Thanks Manhattan! Any specific rooms you know of would be great! Glad to hear that most any on the North wing provide a good view!

NJFabfour-
The last time we stayed there we had room 5082 which was fine for us. Just as an FYI- it had bunk beds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter