A note of caution: Vistana Village and HotelKingdom.com

Colt

Mouseketeer
I would like to issue a note of caution regarding making ressies through HotelKingdom. I have learned over the years to "check the doublecheck" regarding hotel reservations. For the second time now, I have received a confirmation number from HotelKingdom and an e-mail indicating my deposit was received for a stay at Sheraton Vistana Village. HOWEVER, when I called Vistana Village directly, they had no record of me or my reservation at all...

This ressie was for my honeymoon vacation, and needless to say it would not have been a pretty picture if we had arrived and found out we had no ressies...

I am confident this is not a regular problem, and the staff at HotelKingdom has assured me they will resolve the situation, BUT I thought I should issue this note of caution as I do not want to see anyone's vacation plans ruined... so PLEASE recheck those ressies and avoid a potential disaster.

I booked through hoteldiscounts.com for the Hard Rock and was shocked to find out a week before my arrival that the HRH had no clue of my reservation. When I spoke to hoteldiscounts, they informed me that the names of the people they have in their "block" of rooms are faxed to the hotel no more than 48 hours before they arrive. That kind of bothered me so I came armed with telephone numbers and everything I needed when I arrived.

Luckily there was no problem at check in.

If hotelkingdom has this same policy, someone should inform you. Nothing is scarier than to be stuck out of town and people having no idea who you are!

Many of the consolidators do the same thing, they have a block of rooms and release the names to the hotel 2 or 3 days before your stay.

Well, my worries are over. It appears that there are at least two different phone numbers for the Sheraton Village, and the number I used (given to me buy a hotel kingdom rep) was not the correct phone number. I had to call a local number in the Orlando area to verify my reservations, and when I did they had everything down correctly (including our honeymoon requests). Needless to say, I am relieved... Thank you all for your assistance and advice solving this for me.

These are two separate resorts. Vistana Village is right across LBV and HUGE. The newer Sheraton Vistana Village is brand new and still in the building stages on the newer and "nicer" end of Interntional Drive. Very nice. Hope this helps. Hotel Kingdom is very good and the best rates so far. We like the new Wingate Inn at Universal. When we called it was $69 per night and on Hotel Kingdom only $45.90! Same room. It's one of the few hotels that have an indoor jacuzzi and fitness room. Very quiet and mostly used by business travelers. It is only a couple months old. We just stayed there and loved it. Right across from Universal and close to everything else. Nice breakfast also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter