A One Arm Bandit's tour around the World! Nov 15, 2015

LEsherick

Earning My Ears
I made a last minute decision to spend 1 day in Disney World and mostly in fact be in Epcot the whole day. I was heading down to Florida for a fun weekend with 300+ 2 legged friends and 270 4 legged fur friends for a Florida Corgi Picnic. I landed at MCO about 2:30pm Thursday November 12th. I was picked up by a friend with a corgi boy name Louie in tow. We drove the hour to Palm Bay FL where we would stay for the following 3 nights. Early Friday morning I slipped with my bare feet on the slippery carpet in the hotel room and slammed my left hand against the mini fridge door. So yep I broke it and was given a splint from the clinic I went to. Of course the weekend was still on I waited all year to see and be with my friends. Sunday morning we check out of our room and grab a quick bite for breakfast. Then take 192 the back way from Palm Bay to Kissimmee then cross over I-4 and on to my hotel the Clarion Inn which I got for $50 via Priceline. My friend and Louie dropped me off I turned my luggage into the back desk and they retrieved my pink princess scooter from Walker Mobility I planned ahead and rented for the day. And I was off! Since I did not know to call ahead if I needed a wheelchair accessable shuttle I was on my own but knew the public Lynx routes I was able to wait across the street for the bus a few minutes. The bus route 50 takes you either to Downtown Disney then I would have had to get a Disney bus to the Yacht club and entered Epcot via the International Gateway but I stayed on the Lynx bus to the TTC and then caught a Epcot Monorail.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg image.jpeg
Those photos are all from the Epcot Monorail!

Last edited:
My first stop was ticketing, I had bought a 1 day park ticket with no park hopper the week before so at least I could make a few Fastpass+ reservations, so I picked up my ticket from will call and went through the bag check and I was given a F&W brochure and map and planned my approach for the day. I was in the park around 12 noon and I had a 1:05 Fastpass+ for Journey into Imagineation so I stopped at a ATM and went toward Canada
image.jpeg image.jpegimage.jpeg and realized the first food stop I wanted to try was actually closer to Mexico so I went to Greece and the line was practically empty. I got the Spanakopita which was really good I ate 1 price before thinking about taking a photo of it.
image.jpeg
And went to a quiet spot near the water across from Journey into Imagination.
image.jpeg
It was a quick fun ride which was easy enough for me to manage but you need to walk from your parked scooter onto the easy to access ride car. image.jpegimage.jpeg

I then went to find the Chew Labs stand and tried the Chocolate Almond Truffle. For me I did not enjoy it to much, I'm not a chocolate person so this was just to rich for me I would have also preferred a caramel sauce without the Wiskey. But I bet I'm a minority here.
image.jpeg

After that I was thirsty and found my way to a Club Cool my first time ever there I knew enough to to at least try the Beverly and try it first. I actually liked it much better than most of the other to sugary sodas there. But my favorite was the South African kiwi flavored soda I believe.
image.jpeg

My 2:15 Fastpass+ for Soarin' was approaching so I headed to the land and filled up my water bottle with ice and water at the food court then checked in on Facebook and waited till 2:15 then went in the Fastpass+ line and was in line a few minutes but that was normal time for waiting for the next theater. This was my first time riding Soarin' to and it was amazing! I loved it so much and wish I went back for a second ride. For scooters you pull right up in between the rows of seats and I sat in the 3rd row the first seat on my right it was the middle section of seats. Then since I was in the Land I had to do living with the land. I transferred into a wheelchair and they rolled me right into the back boat and I sat up above the other people so it was a great seat.
Then I went over to the Seas to ride The Seas with Nemo and friends. It was a great cute ride and since I cannot do moving walkways again I transferred into a wheelchair and they wheeled me on.
image.jpeg image.jpeg

Then watched the fountain show in Future World a bit before making my way back toward Canada.
image.jpeg

Following! :wave2: excited to hear all about your whirlwind trip! And ouch! Sorry about your hand. But at least it doesn't sound like you let it stop you from having a great time!

A note, I have been to Epcot before but it was 15 years ago so I haven't seen much and I saw maybe 3 countries then. But today I was determined to see all the countries. I did not go into any stores but I took pictures. Heading to the right around World showcase was Canada. I loved the Gardens and the Native American and Canadian culture.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Next was England and I do remember this pavilion from my last visit 15 years ago me and my mom had stopped for fish and chips and I remember one of the stores there. I got to listen just a bit to a wonderful street performance and was so excited to see Alice there and I snapped a few pictures of here before leaving.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

I had to stop just a minute on the bridge over the waterway near the International Gateway the sun was starting to set and the view looking toward France made everything else melt away and for a moment you felt you were in Paris and my heart broke for all the victims in Paris that weekend.
image.jpeg image.jpeg

France was next and I was getting hungry. But boy were the lines for the France F&W stand were horrendous but I really wanted to try the first time ever, escargot.
It was really good but hey with that strong amount of garlic and butter in a croissant had to be good!

I buzzed around France for a bit and got to see Aurora!
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Morocco was was just around the bend and I was enchanted at the first glimpse. The attention to detail and all the little walkways was amazing I do believe Morocco was my favorite pavilion. I could have stayed here all day to look at the stores and dine here. I love Moroccan food!

Then I stopped at the Morocco F&W stand for Baklava. Yum I love it, I also tend to pull off each layer and eat it like that.
image.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter