A passholder question

byanks7

Goldtimer
I purchased a pass holder last week on the Fantasy and I have a question based on what ive learned about the pass holder. I want to use a TA for my future cruise because of the OBC I can get, and I know that I have 30 days to commit to a cruise with a TA. But I dont want to commit to any particular cruise at this point. Is there any particular strategy that anyone has used to secure a TA without committing to any particular cruise?

I purchased a pass holder last week on the Fantasy and I have a question based on what ive learned about the pass holder. I want to use a TA for my future cruise because of the OBC I can get, and I know that I have 30 days to commit to a cruise with a TA. But I dont want to commit to any particular cruise at this point. Is there any particular strategy that anyone has used to secure a TA without committing to any particular cruise?
I believe you just tell your chosen TA you have a placeholder reservation and they'll take it from there.

I haven’t tried booking a placeholder with a new travel agent, but you may be able to. If necessary, you can ask the travel agent to book you a short cruise (with a low deposit) almost 2 years away with the understanding that you will move it once you know exactly what cruise you want.

It may depend on the TA. Some can accepted the placeholder while others require you to select a date. If your TA requires you to select the date, just pick a short cruise well in the future to use as a “dummy” booking; then when you have your next vacation plans organized ask the TA to modify the date.

The initial transfer must occur within 30 days though.

You can transfer the placeholder as-is to a travel agency. I know Dreams Unlimited Travel will do placeholder transfers.

We bought placeholders on our cruise May 1-5. The app gave us the option of using the same TA who booked this cruise for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter