A Restful Spring Break? - A March/April 2024 Trip Report

Happy Sunday Everyone!!!!

It has been a LONG weekend! The Drumline did great on Thursday during prelims and scored top score for there group!
Andy and I got to enjoy the boardwalk by ourselves a bit. Which was nice cause the rest of the weekend, the weather wasn't so kind.
Untitled

Untitled
We got to watch them warm up that day outside.

Untitled
And then perform that day! They preformed well, and finished 1st for the prelims round!!!

Friday, the weather took a turn for the cold and wet! It was FREEZING!!!! But it was Morgan's birthday today, so we headed down to suprise Morgan with cake.

Untitled

Untitled
Pretty sure she hated and loved all at the same time, that we had everyone involved!

They all sang happy birthday and wished Morgan Happy Birhday.

Her BFF gave her a huge and it made my heart so happy. They have been friends since kindergarten and I love that they are still friends.

Gwen skipped school to come with us and celebrate. She also spent some time with the color guard to get herself ready for her joining!

Untitled
She had some practice time in the cold! Don't let that smile fool you, so was toast after an hour and a half in the the windy cold! But we took her out to dinner and warmed her up!

Untitled
She squeezed some fun on the boardwalk after we dropped her off!

Saturday, was finals day!!!

More practice...
Untitled

And then finally the finals!!!!

And they won!!! Woo Hoo! It was closer than they would have liked it to be, but they did it.
Untitled

Untitled

It has been a long 4 days. The color guard performed finals today and we are just waiting for awards in a bit to see how they did! They went into finals with a .3 lead on the 2nd place team!!! WAY too close for comfort!

Happy Sunday Everyone!!!!

It has been a LONG weekend! The Drumline did great on Thursday during prelims and scored top score for there group!
Andy and I got to enjoy the boardwalk by ourselves a bit. Which was nice cause the rest of the weekend, the weather wasn't so kind.
Untitled

Untitled
We got to watch them warm up that day outside.

Untitled
And then perform that day! They preformed well, and finished 1st for the prelims round!!!

Friday, the weather took a turn for the cold and wet! It was FREEZING!!!! But it was Morgan's birthday today, so we headed down to suprise Morgan with cake.

Untitled

Untitled
Pretty sure she hated and loved all at the same time, that we had everyone involved!

They all sang happy birthday and wished Morgan Happy Birhday.

Her BFF gave her a huge and it made my heart so happy. They have been friends since kindergarten and I love that they are still friends.

Gwen skipped school to come with us and celebrate. She also spent some time with the color guard to get herself ready for her joining!

Untitled
She had some practice time in the cold! Don't let that smile fool you, so was toast after an hour and a half in the the windy cold! But we took her out to dinner and warmed her up!

Untitled
She squeezed some fun on the boardwalk after we dropped her off!

Saturday, was finals day!!!

More practice...
Untitled

And then finally the finals!!!!

And they won!!! Woo Hoo! It was closer than they would have liked it to be, but they did it.
Untitled

Untitled

It has been a long 4 days. The color guard performed finals today and we are just waiting for awards in a bit to see how they did! They went into finals with a .3 lead on the 2nd place team!!! WAY too close for comfort!
Congrat to Morgan and her team!! And Happy Birthday to your girl.

YAY FOR MORGAN! That's fantastic. You look sooo proud in that picture of the two of you. It's lovely when you see your child work so hard to acheive something and you are able to be part of it too.

Andy has iced coffee every morning in a tervis cup, so this is his new morning coffee cup. And now that I work from I drink out of corkscicle cups during the day. And this one was nice and big!
I wish I had bought that Orange Bird cup in March. I may hit the outlets in August to see if they have it.
Once we finally located the egg, I suggested we go into the store and get Andy's mom some of the Gingersnap cookies. Andy's Mom is from Sweden and she loves those thin ginger cookies. So, we grabbed a box quickly and snapped a photo for good measure.
Now that F&W is starting later, I really want to hit the countries for those unique treats.
I LOVE this Moonshine Sour. It is strong and super sour. It's pre-mixed but still strong. If you like sours this is a drink for you. If not..... than DEF not! ha.
I prefer sour over too sweet. Too much sugar makes me feel blech.
While waiting for our drinks, we said how it was nice that we could let the girls go off on there own a bit.
It's such a nice feeling! I still remember the night we let the boys go to MK by themselves and we went to dinner at Narcoosees and met them later. It was great! Now I miss having them come to the parks with me. The twins haven't been back since 2016!!
We ordered the cold ramen for Gwen to try. Gwen basically lives off of Ramen, so she def needed to try this.
That looked really good.
We were able to use our magic bands to get in the side door, which again saved up precious steps at this point in the day. And our room was the second from the top there,
Love that!
Should I go? Probably not. Will I go AND use it as an excuse to buy an annual pass? Oh yeah.
This is the way!
And I am glad we went back! They were surprisingly good. We got to listen to 2 songs, and they closed with Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin and it was pretty killer.
I love grabbing a drink from Rose and Crown and listening to the band.
I figured this spot couldn't be too bad, as this was where the pantoon boats were parked. It was getting windy and pretty chilly while waiting. but I think all of us brought sweatshirts thankfully!
It looks like a great spot!
Gwen said she was getting her Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup no matter what.
I'm with Gwen. ::yes::
But when we ordered just 1 ice cream, he was kind of like “That’s it”
That would put me off. I am very anti food waste and really try to just order what I know we can finish.
I checked out the chocolate Eggs in the Beach Club Lobby.
I am so mad at myself that I didn't get over to Yacht and Beach to see the eggs! I loved the ones at GF though. :)
My view while I ate.
Perfection!!
I love these, as I can't get these at home. But sadly, they did get overshadowed by the other food. But still great.
These are right up my alley!
We also ordered the Thigh High Chicken Biscuits
Three biscuits topped with Chef Art's famous fried chicken thighs and bread and butter pickles. Drizzled with hot honey
You can see them behind the ribs in the picture above.
I also need to try these! I am debating going to Homecomin' this summer but maybe I will wait until DH and I are there next March. I am sure he would love it!
Homecomin' was great as always. It has become a must do for us each trip.
It's really good!
But we did find 2 small mickey head ones to put in the baskets. We also grabbed aloe for Gwen, she had burnt her nose yesterday and today. And ear plugs for Morgan. As I bought her a giant bottle of them to bring and we promptly left them at home…
It's always what happens!
Nice to get some time together. :)
Awwww!! Happy birthday to your sweet girl! 16?

I also need to try these! I am debating going to Homecomin' this summer but maybe I will wait until DH and I are there next March. I am sure he would love it!
It is a good place to go with someone, so you can share stuff. Everything is so filling!!! But if you are staying DVC, you can always take the leftovers to the room.

Happy birthday to your sweet girl! 16?
Yup! 16! It's hard to believe she is 16!

DON't base going on just me! I am a TOTAL northern!!! We have zero places with fried green tomatoes so I have nothing to compare it to. I could see a true southern to not like the food as much. Although if you go, I would be intersted to hear how you like it!

It is really good with the ham on it. It makes it super filling!!

We will have two rest days and then the day we come in. I will definitely report back if we go in July! I'm a self proclaimed foodie... so i always love a good spin on a classic! (my favorite fried green tomatoes here are topped with a creole cream sauce, mushrooms, onions and shrimp... they are amazing, but heavy!! )

Also Congrats to Morgan! I have always grown up with music and was a music major in college. I was also drum major in my high school years. There is nothing like the group of friends you have with band and the feeling when you win those competitions! They are my fondest memories!! I hope she sticks with it in college, you meet your lifelong friends!! My son just completed his first year of band this year. So excited to be a part of that world again!

For some reason I am not getting notifications to lots of the reports I follow, so forgive me! I took some notes on the past few pages.

Way to go Morgan! The weather here (KY) has been up and down lately, too. We never know what we are going to get! I laughed at the picture of her covering her legs.

We got Conga on our last Guardians ride and I have to agree with Andy, hehe. I wanted Tears for Fears!

We had Beaches and Cream late one night and noticed a waitress from our hometown there! It was such a small world. I am glad you didn't feel pressured to order more. With the cost of food at Disney, you gotta do what is best for you!

I loved the bit about having a short adult moment. Your girls sound like ours. They just prefer to be with US. And we love that! But sometimes it is nice when they decide to be brave and venture out without us. Always with each other, never in kids clubs or groups like that. I am so thankful they are close to each other and to us, as I know you feel the same.

Why are all the hot chocolates different!? I noticed this on our December trip. I was let down a few times because I ordered before I realized it was a packet.

That balcony breakfast looked perfect. I LOVE a rest day!

As for Homecomin', we are from "the south" and we still loved it! I need to go back there. We don't make it a priority since we can get that here but dang it looks incredible. We don't even drink and my mouth was watering at the Shine Flight! And I loved Andy's squeeze bottle! Made me giggle.

Thanks Everyone for the Brithday Wishes and Congrats to Morgan! We are slowly all recouperating from the long weekend! Morgan and the kids already had parade practice for Memorial Day! No rest for these kids!!!

ow that F&W is starting later, I really want to hit the countries for those unique treats.
Diet EPCOT actually sounds nice!

They are my fondest memories!! I hope she sticks with it in college, you meet your lifelong friends!!
So true! It's how me and Andy met!

We got Conga on our last Guardians ride and I have to agree with Andy, hehe. I wanted Tears for Fears!
I agree Conga wasn't the best song for the ride, but it was funny for sure.

Why are all the hot chocolates different!? I noticed this on our December trip. I was let down a few times because I ordered before I realized it was a packet.
I think we preferred the packets just because you could control how chocolatey it was.

Back to our regularly scheduled program!!!

Day Four: Second Park Day - EASTER!!!

Today was Easter! Touring Plans had this as the lowest crowds for Magic Kingdom of our trip. Andy also requested we go to a park this day. I had originally had it as a rest day but with this knowledge we switched it up!

But this meant we were up EARLY today!! We were up around 5:45 AM. (Good thing we went to be early last night!)

Tinkerbell Easter Baskets were set out and ready to be "found"
Easter Baskets

Gwen and her Basket

Collecting Baskets
They both dragged there butts out of bed to get there baskets.

Morgan and her basket

Easter Shirt
They each got a new Easter Shirts. Andy and I were planning to wear our old Easter shirts.

Easter Ears
And then they each got new Ears. Morgan was excited about hers. They were kind of her first pair of themed ears since she doesn't like wearing headbands. She was excited to wear them later.

They of course also had the Rice Krispie Treat, which both girls ate there Rice Krispie Treat for breakfast while waiting for the bus.

We managed to leave the room around 6:30
Heading Out
We got to the bus stop and there really wasn’t anyone there. I was hoping it would be a fairly empty bus. But we must have just missed a bus, because they all slowly showed up.

While waiting for the bus, I purchased Genie+. It was $39 a person for the park hopper version. (we had plans to got to Hollywood Studios that night) So, $166.16 total.

Just before 7, a bus came and we were on our way!
On the Bus

At 7:00 I made our first LL for the day. There was a whole bunch of people on the bus all doing the same thing. It is just such a weird thing to have so many people doing the same thing.

1st LL of the Day
I grabbed a Jungle Cruise 9:55 - 10:55. I was pleased with this time for us.

There was a family who had no idea and it was painful listening to them talk about things and be so wrong or just no know. How do you come to Disney or anywhere and not do research?

Magic Kingdom Sign

By 7:15, We were at Security. It was pretty quick, the new system is great as long as you don’t get pulled over to look in your back.

Which….. Andy got pulled over but only 1 person in front of him to check his bag.
Security
He switched to a small bag this trip, so less things for them to look through. So it wasn't too bad. His old backpack would take them forever to go through.

Heading into Magic Kingdom

We discussed what to go to first. We didn’t want to do Space Mountain, as Andy wouldn’t ride with us and we wanted something we would all do. And we thought about 7 DMT but the line was clearly already an hour long, so we decided to do Peter Pan. Gwen didn’t want to but she got out voted, as her suggestion was It’s a Small World… She was out voted on that one.

But first a picture with our shirts!
PhotoPass Photo

Photo Pass Photo
Photos in the morning are always met with resistance from the girls, They are ready to get going and Andy is picture ready!

At 7:36 we got in line for Peter Pan It was posted as a 30 minute wait. But we hoped it would be less.
Line for Peter Pan

Never Land or Neverland?
Morgan saw this and asked if it was always 2 words. I said I didn't know!

Peter Pan Picture

Jack in the Box
In the kids room area, I snapped a few pictures of some of the toys.

Dolly

Nana
And Nanna's dog house with milk. I never noticed the "milk" before.

Ready to Ride
We were ready to ride at 7:54 AM, so just shy of 20 minutes, which wasn’t that bad.

Wendy

Mermaids

After Peter Pan, we headed to ride Haunted Mansion. It was right at 8:00, so we joked that we were double rope dropping. The ropes were down when we walked over but HH didn’t have a wait yet. It was listed as 13 minutes. They didn’t even have any of the que open yet.
Heading in

Madame Leota

Who is this?
We only waited a short time for them to let the our group in. Does anyone know who this is? I think Molly did a deep dive into this ride, I am sure she talks about him...

Stretching Room

Gwen and I went together
Doom Buggie Selfie
Andy and Morgan went together

We got to see Hat Box Ghost for the first time!
Hat Box Ghost

I don't hate it there, but it does seem a little out of place. We said it looks too new compared to everything else. Needs some dust.

Come Again

HH Photo Pass
We only got Andy and Morgan's ride photo this time. They still didn't know where camera was....

After Haunted Mansion, we saw that Big Thunder Mountain was only a 5 minute wait. So we headed that way. I was SUPER worried about Andy's back, but he said he wanted to ride.

Heading In
Heading in, we said we would sit where ever they gave us since it was our first time.
Ready to Ride

We were ready to Ride with exactly a 5 minute wait!
Which we got the very front. We said it probably was better for Andy’s back to be in the front.

Ready to Ride

Big Thunder Mountain

I do think it was less bumpy in the front. But it was also, more fun in the front than I remembered!
Big Thunder Mountain

The Goat
The Goat!!! Gwen's favorite!

Hands up
They girls did hands up! I held on for dear life, as to not slam into Andy and break his back.

Hands Up lickr

I Survived Big Thunder Mountain
Andy Survived the ride! We snapped a photo to commemorate the moment! Brace and all.

We didn’t want to tempt fate but we could have ridden again. So, we moved on.

---------------------------------------------Up next........ Will the crowds stay low? -------------------------------------------------
Untitled

You were off to a great start in MK! Peter Pan was a great choice for your first attraction (that queue is adorable) and hooray for a second “rope drop” with Haunted Mansion. Also, that’s amazing luck for a short wait for BTMRR!

Love the Easter shirts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter