A Sensible Dinner - Pearlieq's Journal

Thats a great idea to eat before you go. Have a good plan of attack but have back up....the ladies usually tend to hang out in the kitchen. Your doing so good with eatting and working out keep it up.

Kristin

I hear you about grocery shopping...it can be difficult. I've been trying to say to the sides of the store. Starting with the veggies and fruits, moving to meats, etc. and only going up and down the aisles if I have something specific on my list. I try to avoid the bakery! (BTW-cake is my favorite food!!! Cutting out sugar has been my biggest challenge.)

Did you try Curves yet? I just started in January, and I love it!

Have a good Thursday!

I love those cakes as well. Yummy, but a hethier happier me is much more important.

You are doing an amazing job. I agree that 3 meals/2 snacks is the way to go. It really does seem to help with maintaining a loss. You have a great plan for BUNCO. Have a great time.
Beth

Pearlieq,

I'm finally getting a chance to check back in and you are doing FANTASTIC!! You have a great attitude and so many people supporting you--you are doing great. Keep it up and have a good weekend!

Hi Pearl,

I have a big weakness for those cheap cakes, too! I can really get overwhelmed grocery shopping. There are times when I just want to walk away from my overflowing cart and go home :confused3 But you are doing fantastic! You've made it through a tough social occasion with flying colors. I'm proud :banana:

Sunny

Happy Friday!

Happy Easter!

Hope you have a great weekend!

I am so PROUD of you! :banana: :banana: You went to BUNCO with a plan and stuck to it! :banana: :banana: I know that can be really hard. But that cheesecake had to taste even better knowing that you were savoring each bite rather than just eating. I find myself savoring now, which is great!

Thanks for all the encouragement you lend in my journal (and the :wizard: must have kept that cold away, thanks). You're doing great!!!! ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

3/25/05

9:45am

--Bacon Egg and Cheese on an English Muffin!

GRR! I hate it when things like this happen. I haven't had McDonalds breakfast in a long time and I had really been looking forward to a Bacon Egg & Cheese bagel, but somehow they misunderstood my order and put it on an English muffin! What the heck?!? They wrapped it like a bagel so I didn't find out until I got all the way home, and I just wasn't going back. Grr! So much for my big treat this morning. Oh well. I guess I saved a few calories at least...

1:15pm

--1 Arby's Big Montana

We were stuck at the mall and had a movie to make, to I decided to order something big and protein full to hold me. The sandwich isn't a bad value--it's ginormous and not quite 600 calories which is normal for lunch for me. Plus, I was super full and didn't even think of food at the movie theater--the extra protein and fat really helped. Trying Curves tonight!

5:45pm

Tried Curves. It was...OK. I didn't loooooove it, but I didn't hate it either. I'm willing to give it a try. It was nice to keep moving--at least I didn't get bored. Some of the machines were hard, and some were kinda easy. Still, I think it might be good for me to do this for a while until the big new park district gym opens up. So, I signed up for a month--I'll give it a good, honest try before passing judgement.

7:15pm

--1 cup baked pasta with tomatoes, light sauce, and 2% mozzarella
--1 cup broccoli spears
--1 cup Stonyfield Farms FF plain yogurt
--1 cup frozen berries
--1/4 cup Raisin Bran crunch.

Did I ever mention I have the sweetest, best DH ever? I got home from Curves and he surprised me by having dinner ready. Isn't that so sweet! The cutest part is he can't really cook so he actually looked for a recipe to make boiled pasta and jarred sauce with cheese. Isn't that adorable? He was so proud of himself--he told me all about how he made it, how he picked out the canned tomatoes with the least amount of sodium because he knew I complaining about all the salt in the fast food from earlier. He is just such a sweetheart! He was so nervous that it wouldn't be good and that I wouldn't like it. It's so nice to have a sweet, supportive DH.

11:30pm

--1 snack pack prunes.

Late night snack. Being hungry at night keeps me awake so I find it's easier to have something small if I'm hungry before bed.

I have heard really good things from the Curves in my area. I would try it but I can not give up the swimming since I have kids. Sounds like your still doing really good with trying to stay on track. Hope you have a wonderful Easter.

Kristin

3/26/05 - Weigh In

346.5 today--so down 5.5 pounds from last week! :cool1:

I'll have to figure out how to put on a clippie later today.

Summary for the week: (did I mention I love Fitday.com!)
Average Daily Calories: 2363
Average Fat: 66g (26%)
Average Carbs: 319g (50%)
Average Fiber: 37g
Average Protein: 133g (23%)
Average Calories Burned/Day: 3633

Things that have changed:
1.) I feel more energetic. We went to a 9pm comedy show last night. In the olden days (a whole month ago!) I would have been bushed by then.
2.) I'm in a pretty good mood--I feel more cheerful than I used to.

Things to work on next week:

I'm not going to set any firm goals for next week--I'm pretty happy with where I am now and I want to work on staying the course for a while.

3/26/05

8:30am

Curves. It was OK again. The women weren't overly friendly--they weren't rude or anything just not apt to smile and say hi. It went by quickly, though, and I feel pretty good.

9:45am

--1 Weight Watchers engligh muffin
--1 T blackberry jam
--1/2 cup cottage cheese
--7 large strawberries.

1:15pm

--1 grilled cheese sandwich
--2 melon slices, 1 orange section
--1 cup chicken soup, no noodles

6:00pm

--1/2 biscuit
--1/2 medium piece cornbread
--1/2 cup chili with cheddar cheese and sour cream
--1 chicken breast
--1/4 cup cornbread stuffing
--1/4 cup white gravy
--2 sweet potato fries
--3/4 cup baked beans

We went to this wonderful Southern cafe that opened up at our local mall. What a nice restaurant!

10:30pm

--1 cup ziti pasta

Let me be the first to congratulate you on reaching your FIRST GOAL!!! :banana: :cheer2: :banana: :cheer2: :banana: :cheer2:

You wanted to be under 350 for your WDW trip and you are already there!!! :dancer: :dancer: And to think that you still have at least another month before the trip. :cool1:

Congrats! You have had an excellent lose since you started this plan! :cheer2: What an inspiration you are. ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

I forgot to mention that you are VERY lucky to have such a supportive DH. At least he is trying, is concerned, and realizes how serious you are about becoming healthier. Kudos for DH! :banana: :banana: ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

3/27/05 - Happy Easter :flower:

11:00am

--1 cup frosted mini-wheats
--1/2 cup skim milk
--1 light string cheese

Got a bit of a late start this morning. Had to run to the grocery store thir morning with all of the other slackers. :teeth: My mom is coming over this afternoon. I'm making a baked french toast with raisin bread from Corner Bakery, a country fritatta made with egg beaters, potatoes, and turkey sausage, and fresh fruit. I also made up a batch of the angel food/pineapple muffins folks have been talking about lately. They look good, but I haven't tried one yet.

2pm

--1 1/2 servings of country fritatta
--2 servings baked french toast
--1/4 cup sugar free syrup
--5 large strawberries
--1 cup pineapple chunks
--2 cups low carb juice

4:00pm

--2 angel food muffins

5:00pm

--4 mint meltaways

Yummy Easter meal. I like having it here so I know what goes in to everything.

9:00pm

--Guiltless Grill Bean Burger meal

3/28/05

8:45am

--1 serving country fritatta
--1/2 serving baked french toast
--1/2 cup fresh pineapple chunks
--9 fresh strawberries

1pm

--1 1/2 cups chicken cacciatore
--1 1/2 servings turkey sausage
--1 black plum
--1 cup skim milk

I am loving this turkey sausage--it's flavorful and decadent but with hardly any calories and lots of protien!

2:45pm

--2 angel food muffins
--1 1/2 sugar free milano cookies
--1/4 cup frosted mini wheats
--1 light string cheese

So, ok, some evil snack monster came and took me over. I ate all of this while standing in front of the fridge/pantry trying to decide if I was going to go over the edge or not. Part of me really, really wanted to. I wanted to eat whatever I wanted, how ever much I wanted, of everything in sight. I almost lost it. I managed to find some junky food that I didn't even know I still had, and it was like some kind of drug. I wonder if this is what alcoholics go through. One doesn't get to 385 pounds on a few bad nutrition habits. I have a problem with food. I stood there for about 10 minutes trying to decide if I just wanted to chuck it all and dig in, and ultimately I decided no. I thought about all of the progress I've made, I thought about all the folks supporting me, I thought about how I wasn't going to get anything good out of it and how I didn't like the person I was when I overate. I thought about how disappointed and ashamed I would have been. And by the grace of God I was able to walk away relatively unscathed. This time.

Project for later: get rid of any last junky/mildly tempting foods. If I'm going to overeat, I'd much rather it be on reduced-fat Triscuits than on frozen soft pretzels and chicken patties.

4:30pm

--1 1/2 servings turkey sausage

OK--the snack monster can go away now. I think TOM is rearing its ugly head. At lest this is low-cal and has some protien. Hopefully it will hold me. I'm going to curves this evening with my friends, then I need to figure out something pretty darn low calorie for dinner. Darn the snack monster!

6:00pm

Curves. I do like that it goes by so fast...

DH still isn't home. Not sure what to do about dinner. Need something low cal, so I'm thinking it's going to be a breakfast for dinner night.

8:45pm

--2 servings Boston Market ham
--1/2 serving macaroni & cheese
--1 serving new potatoes
--1 serving green beans
--2 angel food muffins
--1 cup Grand Light strawberry ice cream

Yeah, I think TOM is coming. I was so depressed before I went to Curves. The exercise made me feel better, but I'm still on a sweet/carb bender. At least it wasn't too bad today--it looks worse than it is, calorie-wise.

Edited to add: I made it under my upper limit by 1 - count it - 1 calorie today. Tomorrow's going to be better, right?

Looks like you did really well on your dinner for Easter. It looked so good and refreshing. I hope you had a good holiday. Mine wasn't as stressful as I thought it would have been. :cool1:

I see you have a new goal set. That is fantastic! :banana: Keep up the good work. ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter