A story to tickle your tightwad funny bone!

danacath

DIS Veteran
Hope this gives you a chuckle or two:
At lunch today, our family was reminiscing about our recent WDW trip. I mentioned that I had seen some good ideas on the discussion boards for eating cheaply at some of the restaurants in the parks, and maybe we would try out one or two of them on our next trip. My five-year-old DD perked up and said, "Wow, Mom, I didn't know they had restaurants there!"
I couldn't help but giggle and then I thought, "Yes!! A true cheapskate victory for a true cheapskate (me!)--to go 13 hours straight in MK and Epcot without my DD being aware of the many tempting restaurants full of many tempting treats lurking around every corner! Moral of the story: It truly is possible to enjoy the parks with a family of 5 without blowing a wad on food. (By the way, no one went hungry, either. My DDs had great fun chomping on a shared turkey leg and biting into their first Mickey bar, among other things. :) ) Can't wait to go again!

That is a cute story! We too tend to be very frugal when we go to WDW. I just can't imagine spending $100 on a meal with 3 kids in tow. If I'm going to spend alot, I want it to be just my DH and myself so we can relax and enjoy. The kids are just as happy eating something quick, so they certainly don't miss it. We do however spend on at least one character meal per trip. Gotta see Mickey!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter