A Summer Wedding and a Disney Trip CANCELLED, HELP DECIDE WHEN WE'LL GO IN 2011

Thank you all so much for the wedding wishes! Our day was beautiful. The weather was perfect for our outside ceremony too!

UNFORTUNATELY, we cancelled our september trip. We also have a vacation in August and with the wedding and some unexpected (but not bad) things, we just need to POSTPONE it. It's not CANCELLED, just POSTPONED! That makes me feel better :rotfl2: In a way it's going to work out better for us. Emily was worried about missing more than a week of school that early in the year. The sad part is the friends that I was going to meet. I was really looking forward to that! I so hope that one day our trips will cross paths again. I wish everyone the best of luck with their upcoming trips and I will come on and follow your PTRs and TRs still.

I'm so sorry for not posting sooner, but I was pretty bummed out for a few weeks after canceling the trip.... as you can all imagine.

BUT...... We are already trying to figure out what week we are going to go next year. It won't be September, although that free dining would have been nice. It's either going to be April, May or June.

I'll be back sometime over the weekend to put up wedding pictures!

So what week do you all vote on for us.

April 13-20: I figured this week because half of it would be over school break, but Easter is the 24th, so the crowd levels are up there and so arent' the prices. It's just the school vacation week that makes me wanna go this week. It's because of Emily, she gets a little anxious to miss school and have to make up the work. But, not sure if our vacation would be not so great with the crowds and high prices.

May 10-17: This is the week we went last year. It's 2 days after mother's day, the crowds are good and the weather was lovely! The kids would miss some school, but I can figure that out later. This is the best week to go, it's just the school thing:confused3

June 23-30: Heat...Crowds.... but reasonable prices and kids are out of school.

Ok, vote on one for me!!! and i'll be back with wedding pictures!!!!

I am so sorry to hear that you had to cancel your trip Pam. I had to do that in 2008 at Christmas time and it was such a bummer. I feel for you girl. :hug: I can't wait to see your wedding pics and hear all about it though. :goodvibes

I hear the June crowds aren't as bas as the July crowds we experienced last week. I have to say that it wasn't that bad last week much better than I was expecting really...even with some pesky teen tour groups. We managed to do everything we wanted with the exception of Fantasmic.

We are becoming a family that can only travel during school breaks. It is becoming more and more difficult to miss school because of testing so we have decided that we will have to travel during school breaks. That means more crowds..:sad2: Does your school district have a fall break? We are going this year during our fall break (first week of October) and intend to go again at that time next year. If you have an odd break maybe you could take advantage of that...otherwise I LOVE May but I vote June only because it will be easier on you to schedule. ;)

Oh Pam, I'm sorry that you had to cancel your Disney plans. I have to vote for May. We'll be there May 25th through June 4th. I wish our paths would cross.

Let’s see….you’ll have to figure out what the most important aspect is…..For us, I know Victoria can always make up school work and they will even send some with us, so I’m not too worried about that, so whether school is in session or not isn’t a big concern. The cost??? Oh yeah….that one is the big one for me!!! If I can get something for less than what is normally is, then I’m there!!! I just look at it as “Disney World clearance”!! Same merchandise for less. Works for me….that’s why I love “Free Dining”!!! I HATE CROWDS!!! So, this is a biggie for me, too! You would think I’d hate Disney for that reason, but I can tolerate limited crowds for Disney!! I’ve been in June, December and April and I think the least crowded had to be in early December and the most crowded in June. Now, that may have changed by now. April was definitely crowded, but that’s how my parents did it ---- always on school vacations.

So, based on MY preferences, it would be May 10 – 17!!! Is May peak season still?

I'm sorry to hear that you had to cancel your trip.

I vote for April. We love going in April. I can't take the heat in the summer. :guilty: And the tour groups in August can be unbearable at times too...........

So bummed to hear you had to cancel your trip, but sometimes life just gets in the way!! As you know, we love May because of the great weather and lower crowds, but you have to do what works best for your family! Does your school have a winter break in February? We went in Feb once and the weather was perfect. Warm during the day (enough to swim) and a little cooler at night, but no crowds! Just a suggestion!!

Anyway, I can't wait to see wedding pics! Congratulations!!:bride:

I think May is your best bet, but if Emily gets too stressed, I don't think the June week would be awful. I definitely understand being bummed-- so sorry!! At least you still have this trip to look forward to and plan! It's just a bit later than you thought.
Can't wait to see wedding pictures!!

Was soooo looking forward to meeting you and your adorable family- but I can totally understand where you are coming from. So I will DEFINITELY be along to read your 2011 PTR!!!!!!!!!!

I personally would do May. Get there before everyone else does!!!!!!! April you will probably be dealing with the Spring Breakers, and June is hot as h***
so I think May would be great for you and your family.

Can't wait to see those wedding pics!!!!

I am so sorry to hear that you had to cancel your trip Pam. I had to do that in 2008 at Christmas time and it was such a bummer. I feel for you girl. :hug: I can't wait to see your wedding pics and hear all about it though. :goodvibes

I hear the June crowds aren't as bas as the July crowds we experienced last week. I have to say that it wasn't that bad last week much better than I was expecting really...even with some pesky teen tour groups. We managed to do everything we wanted with the exception of Fantasmic.

We are becoming a family that can only travel during school breaks. It is becoming more and more difficult to miss school because of testing so we have decided that we will have to travel during school breaks. That means more crowds..:sad2: Does your school district have a fall break? We are going this year during our fall break (first week of October) and intend to go again at that time next year. If you have an odd break maybe you could take advantage of that...otherwise I LOVE May but I vote June only because it will be easier on you to schedule. ;)

Oh, i'll have to read all about your trip!!! We don't have a fall break or else i'd definitely want to go then.

Oh Pam, I'm sorry that you had to cancel your Disney plans. I have to vote for May. We'll be there May 25th through June 4th. I wish our paths would cross.

Oooh, actually I was thinking Memorial day weekend would work too. I know it would be more crowded than early May BUT... my bday is May 27th, so that would be fun and the kids would have memorial day off from school, so that's 1 less day to worry about... Hmmmm, decisions, decisions..... I do have a few different weeks that would work here.

Let’s see….you’ll have to figure out what the most important aspect is…..For us, I know Victoria can always make up school work and they will even send some with us, so I’m not too worried about that, so whether school is in session or not isn’t a big concern. The cost??? Oh yeah….that one is the big one for me!!! If I can get something for less than what is normally is, then I’m there!!! I just look at it as “Disney World clearance”!! Same merchandise for less. Works for me….that’s why I love “Free Dining”!!! I HATE CROWDS!!! So, this is a biggie for me, too! You would think I’d hate Disney for that reason, but I can tolerate limited crowds for Disney!! I’ve been in June, December and April and I think the least crowded had to be in early December and the most crowded in June. Now, that may have changed by now. April was definitely crowded, but that’s how my parents did it ---- always on school vacations.

So, based on MY preferences, it would be May 10 – 17!!! Is May peak season still?

Nope, May is "regular season" prices are just fine. And there will be a deal coming out for sure. When we went last May we got the buy 4 nights get 3 free.
I don't mind crowds as long as they're not too too bad. Early may was very doable. Manny hates crowds and even he was ok with those crowds. The buses made him nervous, but hey...
As for school, I believe family vacations are far more valuable, but Emily gets stressed out. She is nothing like me. I say..... worry about it later. She says worry about it before we go, while we go, when we're there, and also when we get back... lol

I'm sorry to hear that you had to cancel your trip.

I vote for April. We love going in April. I can't take the heat in the summer. :guilty: And the tour groups in August can be unbearable at times too...........

April would be the best ,but i'm starting to think the prices are just way too high because that week is the week before Easter. Do you know it would cost $240 a night at POR that week. :scared1:

So bummed to hear you had to cancel your trip, but sometimes life just gets in the way!! As you know, we love May because of the great weather and lower crowds, but you have to do what works best for your family! Does your school have a winter break in February? We went in Feb once and the weather was perfect. Warm during the day (enough to swim) and a little cooler at night, but no crowds! Just a suggestion!!

Anyway, I can't wait to see wedding pics! Congratulations!!:bride:

We do have a feb break ,but it's presidents week and I know that gets busy too. Also I do really want it to be hot when we go. We love to get away to the warmth. We went in march once and were bummed that we needed jackets at night.

I think May is your best bet, but if Emily gets too stressed, I don't think the June week would be awful. I definitely understand being bummed-- so sorry!! At least you still have this trip to look forward to and plan! It's just a bit later than you thought.
Can't wait to see wedding pictures!!

Oh, yes, i'm completely out of depression now that we're planning to go. Although i'm still bummed about my dis meets.

Was soooo looking forward to meeting you and your adorable family- but I can totally understand where you are coming from. So I will DEFINITELY be along to read your 2011 PTR!!!!!!!!!!

I personally would do May. Get there before everyone else does!!!!!!! April you will probably be dealing with the Spring Breakers, and June is hot as h***
so I think May would be great for you and your family.

Can't wait to see those wedding pics!!!!

I was looking forward to meeting you too. I"m still bummed about that.

yeah, what Janine said!!!!

Oh, and Janine.....how about booking a bounceback for May??? Great idea, eh?

OH YEAH!!!! THERE YA GO!!!!! See what you can do Ann:dance3:

Hey Pam!!! Sorry you had to cancel, but it'll make it that much better next year!! We're going with Chris's niece May 15th to the 20th, so that's my vote!! HAHA Glad the wedding went well....and welcome back!! We've missed you!!!

HAHAHA Same time as me!! I'm going during the week, and Tyler's school always knows before hand, and gives me work to take with us. This is his last year of elementary, whichi s 6th grade, maybe for 2012 I can't do during the school year because he'll be in middle school, I guess it depends on how he does during the year. So, talk to the kid's teachers when school starts, and feel them out, see how they feel. Weekends even in May can be crowded, so I'm planning on getting there that sunday, and checking out that friday. It's also Chris and Tyler's birthdays that week, and Amanda's dh's birthday on the 22nd. So LOTS of birthdays!! LOL But Amanda has never been, and neither has her husband. So it should be fun!! I would love to try to meet up with ya'll sometime!!

Hey Pam, sorry you had to postpone. It seems like you are already making good progress on picking new dates though so that's good news!

Whew, I just got CAUGHT up with your thread....that was a LOT of reading :surfweb:

I vote for your June dates, but I'm biased....they're the SAME dates as our 2011 trip :laughing:

I can't wait to see pics of the wedding!

Well, you know I homeschool, so you probably guessed that missing school doesn't seem like a very big deal to me! :rolleyes1 I vote for May! I have heard such great things about the weather and crowds in May. I share your pain, we canceled our trip as well, I can't even begin to figure out when we will go again, so I'm glad at least you can look forward to another trip at least! :)

Whew, I just got CAUGHT up with your thread....that was a LOT of reading :surfweb:

I vote for your June dates, but I'm biased....they're the SAME dates as our 2011 trip :laughing:

Thanks for your vote!

I can't wait to see pics of the wedding!

Well, you know I homeschool, so you probably guessed that missing school doesn't seem like a very big deal to me! :rolleyes1 I vote for May! I have heard such great things about the weather and crowds in May. I share your pain, we canceled our trip as well, I can't even begin to figure out when we will go again, so I'm glad at least you can look forward to another trip at least! :)

We did go in May last year, 2009, and it was great! That's why I really want to go back in may.

Well, i've been thinking about our options and as much as June would be nice, right after school ends, Manny is a baby with crowds and along with the heat that we are not used to, I don't think that will go too well. I'm voting that week out!

Our April break week would have been perfect if it didn't fall on Easter week. I just renewed my subscription to touring plans and there are mostly 10s for the week leading up to Easter. And then the prices... ouch! So April is out!

MAY IT IS!!!!!!!!!! Now which week, I have no idea. The kids will obviously miss school and we can just deal with that when the time comes. Hopefully they will all have understanding teachers. Most of the moms at school I know all take vacations during the school year, we are certainly not the only ones. And last May when we went their teachers gave them work ahead of time and all was well. Emily gets anxious, but we'll have to discuss that and get her to the point where she isn't worried about it. Emily is just like Manny and if we took her to Disney when it was too hot or crowded she would be miserable.

So in looking at touring plans crowd calendar all of May looks great until we hit memorial day weekend. Those crowds aren't looking too bad, just more crowded than the first 3 weeks of May.

SO WHICH WEEK IN MAY!!!!!!

1st option: May 2-9: Very low crowds and we'd be there over Mother's day. But, the kids would only be back to school for 1 week after vacation before we leave.

2nd option: May 9-16: Low crowds, this is the week we went last May. Right after Mother's day.

3rd option: May 16-23

4th option: May 24-31 (Higher crowds, but memorial day there will be no school, and it's also star wars wekend, AND May 27th is my bday.

I would do either of the first TWO weeks of May, so that you'll be able to partake in the last weekds of the Epcot Flower & Garden Festival......pretty!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter