A thread for DVC resort ownership with points at each resorts

285 total - August UY

150 BRV - Resale
25 Vero - Direct (blue card)
50 BRV - Resale
60 AKV - Direct (in closing)

Really debated resale/direct for the AKV since we're already blue card, but Aug is a rarer UY there, and resale prices for small contracts are running fairly high. Decided we wanted to be able to use the points at future resorts. So all of ours are usable anywhere.

285 total - August UY

150 BRV - Resale
25 Vero - Direct (blue card)
50 BRV - Resale
60 AKV - Direct (in closing)

Really debated resale/direct for the AKV since we're already blue card, but Aug is a rarer UY there, and resale prices for small contracts are running fairly high. Decided we wanted to be able to use the points at future resorts. So all of ours are usable anywhere.

That makes complete sense. For 60 points the resale/direct price difference is not much and getting the closing done quickly with desired user year beats everything

Reviving this thread. Our BWV ROFR just went through, so this is my latest

SSR - APR - 100 - direct -- Closed Aug 2020
PVB - APR - 120 - resale -- Closed Oct 2020
RIV - APR - 50 - direct -- Closed Feb 2021
BWV - APR - 80 - resale -- Passed ROFR Feb 2021

Wishing for 100 AKL and 100 BLT in APR UY to complete my DVC portfolio :)

Reviving this thread. Our BWV ROFR just went through, so this is my latest

SSR - APR - 100 - direct -- Closed Aug 2020
PVB - APR - 120 - resale -- Closed Oct 2020
RIV - APR - 50 - direct -- Closed Feb 2021
BWV - APR - 80 - resale -- Passed ROFR Feb 2021

Wishing for 100 AKL and 100 BLT in APR UY to complete my DVC portfolio :)
Congrats!!!

Very Interesting Thread -- after completing our first successful SnowBird Trip
(putting aside the COVID limitations),
we have proven that we can stay in the bubble in a Studio for 6-8weeks, and
(due to some off-property issues with Non-Disney Hotels)
we prefer to be on-property through the entire stay.
So I can't believe I'm posting this, but I just made another Resale Offer, which would put me at:
SSR - 475 (210-Direct 2010, 40-Resale 2018, 225-Resale 2020)
AKV - 160 (160-Resale 2021)*
BCV - 30 (30-Resale 2020)
TOTAL - 665
*AKL Offer was just accepted, pending contract 3/1/21, and of course subject to ROFR 🤞
I would never have imagined buying more points so soon after our 2020 purchase but the recent Direct Price increases influenced today's offer.
Anyone else using DVC to SnowBird ???
We had a BLAST!
ET:goodvibes

So I can't believe I'm posting this, but I just made another Resale Offer, which would put me at:
TOTAL - 665
*AKL Offer was just accepted, pending contract 3/1/21, and of course subject to ROFR 🤞
I would never have imagined buying more points so soon after our 2020 purchase but the recent Direct Price increases influenced today's offer.
We had a BLAST!

Congrats!

Not yet on the snowbird, but that was potentially part of the long term plan. We'll see how things go the next 15 -20 years!

Congrats!

Not yet on the snowbird, but that was potentially part of the long term plan. We'll see how things go the next 15 -20 years!
Never too soon to start planning. We began in earnest with our first purchase in 2010. I had planned, then, to retire in 2020, and we were actually in Orlando after 10 days of looking at condos, trailer parks, and 50+ communities throughout central Florida. A serendipitous leaning on the kiosk for the DVC salesperson in "Downtown Disney", started a whole new plan. I'm just thankful that we actually have pulled it off, and we picked a good winter as our 1st Snowbird trial!
Good luck in executing your Snowbird plan!

TOTAL - 665
We had a BLAST!
That sounds like so much fun ! I would love to be a DVC SnowBird!

We had a BLAST!

My plan was to use DVC for snow birding, but then I ended up taking a teaching job a few months after retiring and then got 2 dogs, so no extended winter trips for me yet. :(

That sounds like so much fun ! I would love to be a DVC SnowBird!
It was more fun that I thought. We had been a little deflated over the COVID restrictions, but after the first week we found a good rhythm to everything.
Being able to walk outside in nice weather was amazing. I lost 14 pounds over those 7 weeks, averaged 20K steps/day.
I purchased the DVC Golf Membership, and that was well worth it. I walked 9 Holes at Oak Trail 3 times, and played 18 with a cart on LBV & Magnolia, and hit 4 buckets at the range. I still have 1 Oak trail, 2 -18 Hole vouchers, and 2 buckets left to use next January. We ate outside several times, and did drive-through or carry-out for most meals.

200 points, AKV, 2021.

We just closed, waiting on points to load. I'd really like to get another 100-200 points over time, but Disney is more my thing than my husband's, even though he does love our trips, so I think we'll need a few years of DVC trips under our belt before I can convince him. We are early 30s w toddler/preschool age kids so we still have many years to enjoy our contracts. We really love Riviera so I'm watching what happens with the resale points there.

TOTAL - 665
We had a BLAST!
A lot of people on another thread are starting to look over their shoulders :D. Congrats on the accepted offer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter