"A Timeshare Broker" or "GMAC"

nickspace

DIS Veteran
What is the word on these two timeshare agents... "A Timeshare Broker" & "GMAC"?

Thanks!
Nick

IMG_5118.jpg

GMAC is a timeshare broker? I thought they were just a finance company.

I used Rachel with GMAC on two purchases and six offers. I made a lot of low offers and she was great to work with.
Al

We also used Rachel at GMAC for one of our add-ons and she was great. GMAC seems to have a lot of inventory because of their preferred status with Disney.

We had a great experience buying our most recent resale through GMAC. Went through in record time, and didn't have any surprises.

Julie

I suggest that you consider going with the board sponsor, "The Timeshare Store", Dvcbyresale.com or Jaki Apetz. I don't have that website, but others will have it. If you do a search for Jaki Apetz or Grandma Jaki, you'll find that site. I like Grandma Jaki's website better, but The Timeshare Store and Dvcbyresale.com is a bit more straight forward.

When GMAC started selling, they had several negative comments here on the DIS. I have not seen that lately, and have seen several positive comments for more than the last year. I do believe that they have an additional administrative fee that other sellers do not charge.

I believe that I have heard that "A Timeshare Broker" is higher in price. Can anyone substantiate anything about A TImeshare Broker? They are not frequently discussed on the DIS.

I suggest that you consider going with the board sponsor, "The Timeshare Store", Dvcbyresale.com or Jaki Apetz. I don't have that website, but others will have it. If you do a search for Jaki Apetz or Grandma Jaki, you'll find that site. I like Grandma Jaki's website better, but The Timeshare Store and Dvcbyresale.com is a bit more straight forward.

When GMAC started selling, they had several negative comments here on the DIS. I have not seen that lately, and have seen several positive comments for more than the last year. I do believe that they have an additional administrative fee that other sellers do not charge.

I believe that I have heard that "A Timeshare Broker" is higher in price. Can anyone substantiate anything about A TImeshare Broker? They are not frequently discussed on the DIS.
Also "Grandma" Jaki, their company has direct access to every listing that GMAC has. So no need to go thru them, pay the extra admin fees, and go thru their terrible communication as well as their subpar closing company.
Don't say I didn't warn you!

Also "Grandma" Jaki, their company has direct access to every listing that GMAC has. So no need to go thru them, pay the extra admin fees, and go thru their terrible communication as well as their subpar closing company.
Don't say I didn't warn you!

Hey BWV Dreamin: Please clarify -- are you saying to avoid Grandma Jaki or GMAC?

We also used Rachel at GMAC for one of our add-ons and she was great. GMAC seems to have a lot of inventory because of their preferred status with Disney.

GMAC has a so-called "preferred status", using your words, with Disney because they pay Disney a kickback on every sale they make. That's probably one reason they have to have an administration fee.

Keep in mind that GMAC is composed of independent agents, so it all probably depends on who you get.

We had a great experience buying our most recent resale through GMAC. Went through in record time, and didn't have any surprises.

Julie
Ditto. We purchased 3 resales through GMAC, and are on our 4th. Having personal experience with GMAC, Jaki/**** and the Timeshare Store, I wouldn't hesitate to use any of them. :thumbsup2

As a PP said, I think with any company, it's all a matter who you work with, and helping them understand your expectations. So much of this process is out of their hands, and the time line and overall experience really resides with the buyer, the seller and Disney.

BTW, great pic, Nick!!!

GMAC has a so-called "preferred status", using your words, with Disney because they pay Disney a kickback on every sale they make. That's probably one reason they have to have an administration fee.

Is that because Disney refers folks to GMAC if they call Disney about selling? I thought that I had read that previously, but I certainly may have misunderstood.
Regarding GMAC, I do think that the agent makes a difference. We liked Rachel and I think others have said likewise. The administrative fee is negotiable between seller and buyer. We have also used TTS and another broker who I think is not supposed to be named here on the DIS. All have been excellent. Every time we have added on, I have checked all 4 resale companies to see who has the contract that best fits our needs.

I used GMAC for a purchase last year, it was not a good experience and I would not use them again.

I have heard great things from friends that have used the Timeshare Store, but have no personal experience with them.

Krissy

Ok. I have a question. When you finance through TSS, do they have a preferred bank? Or am I required to secure my own financing?

Ok. I have a question. When you finance through TSS, do they have a preferred bank? Or am I required to secure my own financing?

I've not used TSS but believe that they do have a bank that they have arranged financing. I do believe that a home equity line usually has a lower interest rate.

I don't like using the words preferred.

Is that because Disney refers folks to GMAC if they call Disney about selling? I thought that I had read that previously, but I certainly may have misunderstood.
Disney refers folks to GMAC in return for a 50% share of GMAC's commission -- not because of the quality of service! It's a money thing. There is nothing wrong with that, incidentally -- real estate brokerages split commissions all the time. But don't misunderstand DVC's motivation -- DVC's "preference" is to get 50% of the commission.

Bill is right, GMAC tries to make some of it back with their $195 "administrative fee," which is essentially a fee for nothing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter