A trip to the ER (not Covid related)

Speedy recovery and hope you are not too uncomfortable or in pain.

We are trying so hard to be extra careful around the house. Even a quick drive to the grocery store worries me. Not only do we need to worry about COVID - but who wants to end up in the ER during these times :( - sorry to hear this happened to you.

I hardly ever use the banister going down my stairs - now I hold on.

When I cut up an apple or just use any kind of knife, I try to be extra careful - so silly - I will probably end up getting cut from trying to be too careful.

Driving - worry about an accident but we are not on the road - can't go anywhere. Grocery store every two weeks and we walk for our meds.

Have come close to tripping/falling.....I try not to think about it and do things the way I would normally do them - but accidents happen.

Get well!

When my DH was in the hospital, they gave him this breathing tube thingie with a ball . Get the ball between that mark and that mark.

My dad has one of those. He had a bunch of cracked ribs from CPR from his heart attack in February. They also gave him a pillow to hug to his chest if he needed to cough.
Almost two months on and his ribs aren't bothering him anymore.

Sorry that happened.......heal quickly and stay well.

DS's friend cut her finger a week or so ago. Had to go to urgent care.......and she has not left the house at all for a month except for that. Now she has a fever and doesn't feel well. She used Teledoc and they said it didn't sound right for Covid (hopefully not!!), so she is still sitting at home and now worrying about this.

thanks everyone. I really didn’t sleep so well, and this morning well...🥴
The cat somehow Loved the fact of me in the living room, and was jumping up and down all night.
The Dr showed me how to take full breaths, and to do these breathing exercises every few hours. It’ll pass. I remember that breathing tube with the ball from my grandmother from many years ago.

Mommasita... so sorry that this has happened to you. A few years back I fell in our Metro when the train stopped suddenly. My husband tried to catch me but since there was no once else on the train, I fell banging my lower back on the edge of a seat and then landing on my hands and knees on the flower. Ended up going to the hospital by ambulance, had a 7 hour wait and was sent home with a prescription to use or to use extra strength tylenol. Chose the tylenol..... I was in so much pain for weeks. I sat and slept in a large armchair in the living room for about 3 weeks as I could not sleep in our bed. I found that using our metal toilet paper holder (3 guesses how I figured this out) for support helped me get in and out of the chair. It was my life saver along with my hot water bottle. When I saw my family doctor months later she told me that the next time I am given a prescription for morphine, that there is a reason why and to use it.

Take care of yourself, sleep when you feel like it, move when you can, feel better soon.

Oh my gosh, you poor thing! That sounds awful and I pray you stay healthy, last thing you need is to deal with pneumonia with broken ribs. Please let us know how you’re doing, get well soon!

Feel better and follow the doctors orders religiously.

We think of fractured ribs as a relatively minor injury, but they can be life-threatening if there is injury to the lungs. That's why they rushed you in so quickly -- to rule out the worst case scenario.

That stinks.

I am positive I broke my foot (my heel) yesterday (got kicked by my horse), but I am not going to the ER or the urgent care because I cannot risk having to isolate for 14 days. Will just hope it heals okay.
You should be able to avoid the ER. Call your ortho.

thanks everyone. I really didn’t sleep so well, and this morning well...🥴
The cat somehow Loved the fact of me in the living room, and was jumping up and down all night.
The Dr showed me how to take full breaths, and to do these breathing exercises every few hours. It’ll pass. I remember that breathing tube with the ball from my grandmother from many years ago.

I hate that this happened to you, Mommasita, but I really hate how you have to now anxiously await the 14 days. :hug:

That stinks.

I am positive I broke my foot (my heel) yesterday (got kicked by my horse), but I am not going to the ER or the urgent care because I cannot risk having to isolate for 14 days. Will just hope it heals okay.

Oh no, that is awful. Is there anyway to see a Dr at all ?

You poor thing. A broken rib is miserable! Hang in there. Take your pain meds and use it as a reason to relax. Feel better!

@mommasita so sorry you're injured and had to deal with the ER at this time! I hope you heal well. At least you aren't missing anything while you stay home to recuperate :-)

Thank you. ❤Extreme pain! that is a good idea, I’m just all set up, upright on our sofa. We ordered some funky Pillow on Amazon, should arrive tomorrow , to sleep upright In bed.

Feel better soon. Not like there’s ever a good time to get hurt, but it’s an especially inconvenient time with COVID19.

Can I ask the name of the pillow? I tore my rotator cuff and am having a heck of a time sleeping. I can’t get my shoulder repaired until non-essential surgeries have resumed. I almost bought a recliner this weekend to help with sleeping.

Feel better soon. Not like there’s ever a good time to get hurt, but it’s an especially inconvenient time with COVID19.

Can I ask the name of the pillow? I tore my rotator cuff and am having a heck of a time sleeping. I can’t get my shoulder repaired until non-essential surgeries have resumed. I almost bought a recliner this weekend to help with sleeping.

Ty.
Oh I feel you, I have an issue with my rotator cuffs, and do this all the time.
poor you. See if this works. https://www.amazon.ca/Bed-Wedge-Pillow-Memory-Foam/dp/B082J6P82Q

Mine arrived about an hour ago, so I can’t give an honest review yet.

I'm so sorry to read this news, @mommasita . That's really rough, and your husband must feel so bad! I hope you can get better rest with the new pillow, and that you heal soon! :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter