A Very Disney Christmas! Nov/Dec 2010 PTR (Trip Drama & 2 Days! 11/24)

Of COURSE I'm here!!! I wouldn't ever miss one of your PTR/TR's. They're just so much fun! All of your ADR's look great!

The Ohana ADR should work out nice for you, we had ADR at the GF cafe at 5:30 one year and still made it to the party before 7:00.

All of your plans sound great, best wishes filled with pixie dust on finding a better deal than the BB.

Your two girls are adorable.

Hi Becky! I'm here! I have enjoyed following along on all of your adventures, I know this one will be great as well! We love the WL at Christmas time (or anytime, for that matter, lol), it is gorgeous and so comfy to come back to after a day at the parks. :cloud9:

Hey enjoyed you pic on Fb. Looking forward to your TR. Looks like you all had a great time and No rain.

Hey I'm joining in! I'll be at WL the week before Thanksgiving! I'll be starting a PTR for my upcoming trip as soon as I finish my May TR! This will be my 2nd trip this year, like you, and I feel like people think it's a little too much Disney, but whatever, I love WDW! :rotfl:

I'm here! Can't wait to hear about your plans for your trip. Wilderness Lodge at Christmas sounds like :cloud9:

I'm on board for your holiday trip report! Being at Walt Disney World during the holidays is so wonderful! The decorations and the music set the tone for a totally different, yet still magical disney experience. We've been the week after Thanksgiving several times. Cinderella castle lighting is a must see, as well as the the decorations in the Grand Floridian, Boardwalk and Yacht and Beach- to name a few!

Also the Very Merry Christmas party is so much fun! The special parade, cookies and hot cocoa and the snow on main street are just so magical!

Looking forward to reading about your plans and your trip!!!

Joining in. I cant wait to hear more about your planning for your December trip. I have always wanted to go around Christmas and will be living vicariously through you.

Wilderness Lodge is beautiful during the holidays. I agree with walking around Ft. Wilderness and seeing the huge Christmas displays. Did you see it on Samantha Brown? It's better in person. It would be gaudy out here in the real world, but over there with the campers, it's fun! :)

The castle is spectacular all lit up, and the hundreds of Christmas displays and all the merchandise are fabulous. You will love seeing it all!

I'm here! I'm here! :goodvibes So happy to be following along with your May report and your Christmas pre-trip! So fun!

ADRs look great! I hope you can get LC for your Wed CP day. If not, don't rule out doing Garden Grill with the CP package. That's what we did in 2007 and Garden Grill ended up being one of our favorite places! Food was great, service was fabulous, and character interaction was some of the best we have ever had! Then keep your LC for the other Epcot day.

Sara

Of COURSE I'm here!!! I wouldn't ever miss one of your PTR/TR's. They're just so much fun! All of your ADR's look great!

YAY Meghan!! So glad you're here!! :goodvibes

The Ohana ADR should work out nice for you, we had ADR at the GF cafe at 5:30 one year and still made it to the party before 7:00.

All of your plans sound great, best wishes filled with pixie dust on finding a better deal than the BB.

Your two girls are adorable.

Great!! I'm so glad to hear that O'hana will fit nicely into our schedule! Thank you for your kind words!! :goodvibes

Hi Becky! I'm here! I have enjoyed following along on all of your adventures, I know this one will be great as well! We love the WL at Christmas time (or anytime, for that matter, lol), it is gorgeous and so comfy to come back to after a day at the parks. :cloud9:

YAY Angela!! So glad you're here!! :goodvibes

Hey enjoyed you pic on Fb. Looking forward to your TR. Looks like you all had a great time and No rain.

Thanks!! Glad you enjoyed them!! We did have a great time and much better weather than our last trip!! :goodvibes

Hey I'm joining in! I'll be at WL the week before Thanksgiving! I'll be starting a PTR for my upcoming trip as soon as I finish my May TR! This will be my 2nd trip this year, like you, and I feel like people think it's a little too much Disney, but whatever, I love WDW! :rotfl:

Hi and :welcome: to my PTR!! Please let me know when you start yours!! I feel you--I love Disney and don't care what others think!! :goodvibes

I'm here! Can't wait to hear about your plans for your trip. Wilderness Lodge at Christmas sounds like :cloud9:

YAY Janell!! So glad that you're here!! :goodvibes

I'm on board for your holiday trip report! Being at Walt Disney World during the holidays is so wonderful! The decorations and the music set the tone for a totally different, yet still magical disney experience. We've been the week after Thanksgiving several times. Cinderella castle lighting is a must see, as well as the the decorations in the Grand Floridian, Boardwalk and Yacht and Beach- to name a few!

Also the Very Merry Christmas party is so much fun! The special parade, cookies and hot cocoa and the snow on main street are just so magical!

Looking forward to reading about your plans and your trip!!!

YAY Renee!! So glad that you're joining in!! :goodvibes Yes, we plan on visiting many of the resorts to see them all decorated--as well as having ADRs at several!! I can't wait!!

Joining in. I cant wait to hear more about your planning for your December trip. I have always wanted to go around Christmas and will be living vicariously through you.

Hello and :welcome: to my PTR!! I'm glad you're joining in!!

Hey, I'm here too! Sooo jealous you get to go back this year again and next...I'm hoping to make it back in 2012 with my roommate! Our ADR for Ohana was at 5pm, and I'm pretty sure we made it out of there by 6:15 at the latest, so you should be fine. Le Cellier was great for lunch so I'm sure dinner will be awesome as well. Also, I heard from a few families that I talked to on our trip that while the characters at Garden Grill are outstanding, the food leaves a lot to be desired. I think it depends who the narrators are for the CP as to which night you should go. I believe you said AK closes at 5pm both the days you are (possibly) planning on going? You should be able to make it to the 5:30 ADR on time, definitely the 6pm. When we left AK, (mom and I left at different times, but not at park close) we each had to wait about 20 minutes for a bus, then it stops at Kidani first, so that adds a few minutes. 5:30 might be cutting it close if you stay until 5. The WL does seem great for the holidays, and I agree with previous posters about going to Ft. Wilderness at some point. I hear the decorations on the campers are great! Can'/t wait to read more and I'm eagerly waiting for your May trip report-so glad the weather was great for your trip (and mine) and not a repeat of last year!

Thank you! I wish I could make my own but I have a friend who made the Tiana dresses the girls wore on this past trip and my mom made one of the outfits as well (see my other PTR for pics). The lady who made the other ones is someone I cannot recommend. I ordered from her for our 1st family trip last year and almost didn't receive them in time! I had some friends who NEVER received their orders. If you go to www.etsy.com there are a TON of cute Disney customs there!! :goodvibes Girls are sooo much fun to dress, aren't they?!

Girls are a blast to dress! I have done a bit of sewing for my daughter and am hoping to make all of her customs for Disney this year. Right now I am trying to work through what a young toddler could wear and not trip over. With it being winter, I am not sure how many dresses we would want to do anyhow.

Wilderness Lodge is beautiful during the holidays. I agree with walking around Ft. Wilderness and seeing the huge Christmas displays. Did you see it on Samantha Brown? It's better in person. It would be gaudy out here in the real world, but over there with the campers, it's fun! :)

The castle is spectacular all lit up, and the hundreds of Christmas displays and all the merchandise are fabulous. You will love seeing it all!

YAY MeMom is here!! Glad you're joining in!! Yes!! I did see that on Samantha Brown!! I saw where you could take a sleigh ride around Fort Wilderness, too!! It looks amazing!!

I'm here! I'm here! :goodvibes So happy to be following along with your May report and your Christmas pre-trip! So fun!

ADRs look great! I hope you can get LC for your Wed CP day. If not, don't rule out doing Garden Grill with the CP package. That's what we did in 2007 and Garden Grill ended up being one of our favorite places! Food was great, service was fabulous, and character interaction was some of the best we have ever had! Then keep your LC for the other Epcot day.

Sara

YAY Sara!! So glad that you're here!! Yes, I have thought about that option as well--that's why we scheduled so many ADRs--to have the options when the CP packages come available!! :goodvibes I'm so glad that you enjoyed GG--it seems like a neat place to eat!!

Hey, I'm here too! Sooo jealous you get to go back this year again and next...I'm hoping to make it back in 2012 with my roommate! Our ADR for Ohana was at 5pm, and I'm pretty sure we made it out of there by 6:15 at the latest, so you should be fine. Le Cellier was great for lunch so I'm sure dinner will be awesome as well. Also, I heard from a few families that I talked to on our trip that while the characters at Garden Grill are outstanding, the food leaves a lot to be desired. I think it depends who the narrators are for the CP as to which night you should go. I believe you said AK closes at 5pm both the days you are (possibly) planning on going? You should be able to make it to the 5:30 ADR on time, definitely the 6pm. When we left AK, (mom and I left at different times, but not at park close) we each had to wait about 20 minutes for a bus, then it stops at Kidani first, so that adds a few minutes. 5:30 might be cutting it close if you stay until 5. The WL does seem great for the holidays, and I agree with previous posters about going to Ft. Wilderness at some point. I hear the decorations on the campers are great! Can'/t wait to read more and I'm eagerly waiting for your May trip report-so glad the weather was great for your trip (and mine) and not a repeat of last year!

YAY Gretchen!! Glad you're here!! :goodvibes Thank you so much for your input!! So much to think about! I'll be sure to keep that in mind when we leave AK--we'll probably need to leave before the rush before 5 to get to the 5:30 ADR.

Girls are a blast to dress! I have done a bit of sewing for my daughter and am hoping to make all of her customs for Disney this year. Right now I am trying to work through what a young toddler could wear and not trip over. With it being winter, I am not sure how many dresses we would want to do anyhow.

I agree!! I understand what you mean! I think my girls will wear several of their pillowcase dresses with jeans and long sleeved shirts under them!! (especially now that the ones from last year are getting shorter)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter