A week at BWV!!!

darner

10+year DVC owner
Got back from a week (1/20-1/28) at BWV using our points for the first time. We had a 1-bdrm preferred view. We were on the 3rd floor - Corner room - overlooking Luna Pool (Slide) with great views of the Swan/Dolphin as well as Tower of Terror & Earful Tower.

We got to BWV a little before 11 AM and they had this room ready for us! WOW!

This was the first time to WDW in January, we usually go in Oct. The crowds were non-existent. We did the E-ride night at Magic Kingdom and the place was ours! NO LINES! We even got a picture of us in the middle of Main Street with NO ONE else around (we even had to use the self timer because we couldn't find anyone to take the pic!). What FUN!

We took a tour of the new WLV and think we'll stay there the next time... WLV wasn't built when we got in and we didn't want to wait to buy.

To those thinking of buying into DVC, We say it's well worth it... especially considering the room size and ammenities vs. points. We figure two or three more trips will easily cover our initial costs of ownership.

Thanks to all those who post on this site, I used it frequently to keep up to date on what was going on before heading down to BWV.

P.S. I guess the only downside was the brush fire nearby. On the last day the wind was from the west and the whole park was smoky -- they had to cancel some stage shows because of this.

glad you had a great trip! we split our sept stay between bwv and wl. we couldn't get in to see any of the vwl at that time. bicker just posted some great pics of vwl the other day. we'll be home at the bwv in may. maybe we'll try the vwl in sept or nov of this year.

On your first trip!! Do you see why we all lover our DVC so much? That stay in a larger than hotel room with full kitchen, whirlpool tub, etc. just can't compare! We own at OKW, so we also enjoy the quiet and size there.

Congratulations on the first of many!! :cool:

Disneydiane

We were at BWV the week after you were there, and it was fabulous then, too! Superbowl Sunday was perfect at Epcot - hardly any crowds!!

Didn't you just love the one-bedroom??? My DH and I think it was almost bigger than our four-room apartment (and certainly less crowded without our four little feline friends!)

Hugs! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter