A wish for a special little girl! Catherine's Make a Wish trip! May 17th-23rd, 2010

Just wanted to wish you guys a great trip! I probably won't be on for a while... we canceled our Disney trip due to financial reasons and a new A/C unit, and I am really upset- so I probably won't be on as much. Makes me think about my no trip. I will occasionally lurk though. And after I get over my little funk- I will be back- so I expect a trip report young lady!!! Again- have a great trip!!!

We like to see your smiling face!

We also got a new air conditioner in January. It about killed me financially but I know it was best. Ours has not worked right in quite a few years and the last 2 summers broke more then once and we were told a long time ago to replace it.

I refused to give up my vacation though. I just figured I better start sewing more (and took way too much out of savings).

Oh boy...the kids had :cool1::cheer2::cool1: THREE BIG GIVE PACKAGES :cool1::cool1: to open yesterday!!! I'm on my way out to lunch with my mom and sister, but I'll try to get them posted here through the day today!

IMG_0075.jpg

The first one they opened was from Liz AKA llaxton here on the DIS. Liz, I hope you know just how special you have made this trip for my whole family, and I hope you know what an amazing person you are!! :hug:

There was a gift bag for each kiddo in the package! Catherine went first and the kids all loved the notes you personalized inside!!
IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

Catherine and Carmella got the cutest animal print outfits! They fit perfectly, and the girls just LOVED them. You couldn't have picked more perfectly for each girl!! They also were thrilled to have some Mickey bows!!
IMG_0115.jpg

IMG_0116.jpg

Here they are modeling for Daddy last night!
IMG_0129.jpg

John got a great package with a Cars Color Wonder set, two color changing Cars, and a great Lightning McQueen hat! He couldn't have been more happy!
IMG_0114.jpg

He's leaning forward to make sure I get the hat in the picture!
IMG_0092.jpg

Liz, hugs and thank yous are not enough for you. :hug: You are one special person.:flower3:

Okay...I gotta run, but at least this was a start! I have two more packages to post! I'll try to get on after I get the girls from school. Sorry for the delay~!

What a beautiful package! I love the outfits and love how they coordinate but aren't identical! I also love that fabric. My best friend was looking for that a little while ago.

John's color changing cars are super cool too! And look at those bows! Love them!

Just wanted to wish you guys a great trip! I probably won't be on for a while... we canceled our Disney trip due to financial reasons and a new A/C unit, and I am really upset- so I probably won't be on as much. Makes me think about my no trip. I will occasionally lurk though. And after I get over my little funk- I will be back- so I expect a trip report young lady!!! Again- have a great trip!!!

I'm so sorry you had to cancel your trip! :guilty: I know that sometimes other finanacial obligations make these things happen...so I hope you can start planning another trip soon. :hug: I will miss you if you don't pop in and visit! Hugs to Davy and Aleks...good luck with the end of the school year!:goodvibes

Laura,

I got your package with the Autograph book/bags in the mail today, so you should get it real soon, definately in time! Phewww...:dogdance::banana::cheer2:

We can't wait! :goodvibes

Glad they liked them!!

The LOVED them!!! :thumbsup2

What a beautiful package! I love the outfits and love how they coordinate but aren't identical! I also love that fabric. My best friend was looking for that a little while ago.

John's color changing cars are super cool too! And look at those bows! Love them!

Yes, Liz did a great job. The girls are only 18 months apart, but really they are SO different...she captured their styles perfectly!!

Oh, my goodness -- I love those outfits! I wonder if they come in my size!!!:confused3 ;) TOOO CUTE!!!!! :lovestruc

Me too!!

Okay...so the next BIG GIVE package they opened was from Monica in Iowa...I don't think I know her DIS name either! But she wrote the best notes to everyone. Introduced us to her whole family and really added a great personal touch to the whole package. Carmella thinks it's really important to read the notes and letters first...but Catherine wants to rip right in!

IMG_0100.jpg

Shortly thereafter, Catherine discovered that the cute halter is for Carmella! But she and John got some spending money!!

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

Monica gave them so great ideas for how they could use their money! Buying a Dole Whip to share was my favorite idea! :laughing:

Here's Carmella modeling the top! She loves it, Monica!! For a little girl who was a bit jealous about her sister getting a wish, the Big Give has really made it special for her!!
IMG_0121.jpg

It was decided that the girls would share the headband and hairclip!
IMG_0119.jpg

The last package they opened yesterday was from Lisa and Maddie for Catherine!

IMG_0110.jpg

There was a cute note from Maddie inside!
IMG_0113.jpg

It's a Tink dress, and is just adorable. I love the fabrics...and it fits her perfectly! There were also some princess stickers and pens in the package!
IMG_0118.jpg

Here she is modeling! It's safe to say she likes it A LOT!! :goodvibes
IMG_0131.jpg

Well done, Lisa...Catherine really loves the dress!! :hug: Thank you SO much!! Again...fantastic Big Gives...you guys are amazing.

Okay...so the next BIG GIVE package they opened was from Monica in Iowa...I don't think I know her DIS name either! But she wrote the best notes to everyone. Introduced us to her whole family and really added a great personal touch to the whole package. Carmella thinks it's really important to read the notes and letters first...but Catherine wants to rip right in!

IMG_0100.jpg

Shortly thereafter, Catherine discovered that the cute halter is for Carmella! But she and John got some spending money!!

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

Monica gave them so great ideas for how they could use their money! Buying a Dole Whip to share was my favorite idea! :laughing:

Here's Carmella modeling the top! She loves it, Monica!! For a little girl who was a bit jealous about her sister getting a wish, the Big Give has really made it special for her!!
IMG_0121.jpg

It was decided that the girls would share the headband and hairclip!
IMG_0119.jpg

Hi there! I'm Monica... I've been following along! Sorry I forgot to add my disname! I'm pretty new to big gives! I hope there are no hard feelings that the halter was for Carmella! I wanted to buy leggings/ biker shorts for Carmella to go underneath, but I didn't want to buy the "wrong" thing"! I do that alot with my almost 10 year old! :o)

The kids look so excited!

Thanks for sharing your family with us!!!:goodvibes

Hi there! I'm Monica... I've been following along! Sorry I forgot to add my disname! I'm pretty new to big gives! I hope there are no hard feelings that the halter was for Carmella! I wanted to buy leggings/ biker shorts for Carmella to go underneath, but I didn't want to buy the "wrong" thing"! I do that alot with my almost 10 year old! :o)

The kids look so excited!

Thanks for sharing your family with us!!!:goodvibes

No...no hard feelings at all. I thought the pictures were funny with her tearing right into the package while Carmella takes time to read! The other package we got from Lisa was just for Catherine...so it's all good! :goodvibes Carmella has some bike shorts for under, so don't even worry! The top is GREAT! Catherine wore the headband to school today! Thanks for participating in the Big Give!! :hug:

Look at all the pretty dresses flowing in! I love how they arrived on the same day, were the same style and one for each girl!

The last package they opened yesterday was from Lisa and Maddie for Catherine!

IMG_0110.jpg

There was a cute note from Maddie inside!
IMG_0113.jpg

It's a Tink dress, and is just adorable. I love the fabrics...and it fits her perfectly! There were also some princess stickers and pens in the package!
IMG_0118.jpg

Here she is modeling! It's safe to say she likes it A LOT!! :goodvibes
IMG_0131.jpg

Well done, Lisa...Catherine really loves the dress!! :hug: Thank you SO much!! Again...fantastic Big Gives...you guys are amazing.

That's Us !!! Maddie is so excited to see her note !!! I'm glad you like it. Thanks so much for posting the pictures. I hope you all have a wonderful trip !!!
:banana::banana::banana:

Look at all the pretty dresses flowing in! I love how they arrived on the same day, were the same style and one for each girl!

I saw that too! I love, love, love that pattern, as do my girls!

Yes, my girls were so pleased with the styles! Carmella is the picky one in the house, and I am so impressed at how well the Big Givers did in making things she would love! Catherine would wear a paper bag if someone colored it to look like a dress! :rotfl:

That's Us !!! Maddie is so excited to see her note !!! I'm glad you like it. Thanks so much for posting the pictures. I hope you all have a wonderful trip !!!
:banana::banana::banana:

Thanks Lisa!! She loves it! :hug:

I'm afraid if I don't get these posted tonight, I won't get to them until next week! Two more :cool1::cheer2::cool1: BIG GIVE :cool1::cheer2::cool1: packages today!!!

IMG_0132.jpg

The first package they opened was from Renee! Catherine went first today. Lots and lots of pixie dust! Pom poms, a Disney princess video, dry erase board, stationery set, and lip balm.

IMG_0135.jpg

IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

Carmella went next. She got a beautiful rose quartz bracelet and craft pack with loads of stuff to decorate with fairy stickers!
IMG_0146.jpg

Then it was John's turn...and for some reason, he just couldn't bear to tear all the paper off at once.
IMG_0147.jpg

IMG_0150.jpg

Finally he got to the loot...markers, pens, a dry erase board, and a Cars bookmark kit!
IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

Thank you Renee! Awesome stuff! The loved it all...and were SO disappointed that I took almost all of it away for the trip!! :goodvibes

Next one...from Tebi73!

This was a big box!!! :cool1:

There was a bag for each kid inside!
IMG_0159.jpg

Everyone's bags were FULL of pixie dust!!! Bubbles, journals, water bottles, color wonder paper. There were the cutest personalized photo albums, with everyone's favorite characters on the front! Water color painting books, personal fans, cookies, crayons, colored pencils, oh my goodness...just full of stuff! I got distracted by a phone call in the middle of opening, so I don't have many good shots of the opening process...but check out all the great stuff!!!

IMG_0180.jpg

BUT...the absolute highlight of the package was for John, and the Phineas and Ferb t-shirt!!! With his name on it!!! He was thrilled!!! :love:
IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0182.jpg

THere was also a Lightning McQueen shirt, and two pairs of great shorts! He felt like the king today!
IMG_0175.jpg

Awesome, super duper BIG GIVE!!! What a teriffic package!!! Thank you SO much!!

Wow! Wow! Wow! What a great box! The kids just always look so happy! I love to see smiling little faces!

Oooooh! I'm so glad the kids liked their stuff! Especially John! DS8 (Malachi) helped me with the DISign for that one! He'll be so excited to see that John liked it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter