~A XMAS STORY~decorations, crowds, pixies..AND A BLOODY NOSE~ACTUAL UPDATE 11/9 p190

:headache: Aw man, rain rain go away! Wow, those Christmas decorations look beautiful! I remember watching one of Samanta Brown's Disney Christmas shows and she showed the recipe for the carousel so it was cool so see a picture of it! I was waiting to see how long the wait would be to eat...I figured everyone was flocking there because of the weather! 45 minutes-an hour kinda puts a damper on plans so it was probably a good idea you skipped it! Did you guys walk all the way to Epcot or catch the ferry?

Sorry you got rained on! What a yucky way to start your trip! The Christmas decorations are beautiful. The gingerbread decorations are so neat to see. It's amazing the things the bakery's can make!

That reminds me: Buy ponchos!

Have fun in Nashville for Christmas- it's FREEZING here this morning! (9 degrees?! What up with that?!)

I love the Christmas decorations, especially the carousel. DD #1 would have loved that. She keeps saying that next year we need to go for her birthday, which is December 13, so maybe we'll get to see the Christmas decorations. We keep warning her that it might not be next year though ;) .

So sorry to hear that you got rained on. It was the Epcot day during our trip that we kept getting rained on too. I was looking forward to pictures of the Kitchen Sink, but I definitely know what you mean about plans getting changed. I'm still waiting for the finalized list of restaurants for the dining plan in 2009 to come out to see if we're going to be able to do all the reservations that I made for our January trip.

UGH I hate the rain! :headache: I hope it let up soon and you guys got to enjoy your day at Epcot. Sorry about missing Beaches and Cream! We went in 2005 and 2006, but we went on non-park days because of the wait. We went at an off-time in 2005 and got right in, but in 2006 we waited almost an hour :rolleyes: I don't think we'll be back anytime soon because of that - I'd rather have an ADR somewhere that you have a good chance of getting into on time!

I hope you and Ray have a very Merry Christmas and lots of fun in TN! Will you be there through the New Year or just for Christmas??

I've been lurking in your trip reports for a while...but I don't remember ever posting.? So I am now!!!! I was hoping to see how far you guys got with the kitchen sink!!! But like you said you can't let things like that ruin your trip. I can understand not wanting to wait that long. The Boardwalk looks absolutely beautiful...even in the rain...I hope that lets up for your day at Epcot. I can't wait!!!!!!!!

Merry Christmas:santa:

Ok, so I am kind of late to the party, but I'm here now.

I loved that condo you stayed in. Like everyone else said, I can't believe it had a Christmas tree.

Can't believe all that rain! Y'all look great in your ponchos. ;) Great idea to tie up Luke's. :idea:

Can't wait to hear who got the bloody nose? :surfweb:

Safe travels to NashVegas! One of my high school friends was shopping with her girls yesterday and ran into Taylor Swift. Luckily, she was sweet enough to get pictures with all of them. Have a Merry Christmas! :santa:

Ok I can vouch for how comphy the couches are at Boardwalk because KC and I are guilty of falling asleep in the lobby the day we left last January! Full on passed out on the couches!

Never trust the weather forcast!!!:rotfl2:

I love the pictures of the decorations in the resorts!

Booooo to the rain and the stupid forecaster! :headache: Glad to see you guys didn't let it ruin your Disney spirit though ;)

All those birds!!:scared1: How did you do it?! idk if I would have been able to. And that close up..as soon as I saw it I was thinking, "how did Dawn take that?!" or more like "WHY ON EARTH DID DAWN TAKE THAT?!" Then I read the caption and it made more sense :laughing:

Luke looked adorable in his too big for him poncho:cutie: Can't wait to hear about your Epcot day!

It is....I love this resort too!! If I had my choice of DVC places I really don't know what I would choose. You know I love the Wilderness Lodge!! But I really like the Boardwalk too! And now they are building the new ones at the Contemporary they look REALLY nice. I would :love: to stay there with a view of the castle :cloud9:. Even as much as I like these other resorts that just keeps creeping into my mind....it would be wonderful!!

i know - they're so hard to choose from! i've stayed at SSR and i loved it - it's very peaceful. but i think VWL would be my first choice and then probably BWV would be next. honestly just plop me down anywhere at WDW and i'm happy! :laughing:

I also need to go back and look at my horses from last year and see if they made different ones :rotfl:

i bet they're different!

Great update! I'm so excited I'll get to see you in a few days!!!

thanks! i know! :cool1:

Check out the girl behind him totally posing for your photo too!! Maybe she was playing on the DIS boards on her laptop right at that very moment...

Fun start to your trip report, even if it was a bit rainy! :yay:

i know - i think i remember her laughing that she was in the picture! i actually think anna wanted a picture in front of it but she had sort of set up camp there with her laptop so we couldn't get one.

I keep feeling like I need to grab a towel to read this report. Rain, rain, rain! I'm sorry you had to start out like that. We had none on our Thanksgiving trip. The ponchos were ready, but unused, so they're on call for the next trip -whether that ends up being in March (keep those fingers crossed!) or in July.

tell me about it! i saw scattered thunderstorms and i'm thinking....okay, occasional ponchos. no big deal. WRONG! it was a monsoon! i think we got all the rain in those few hours that we've been spared on our trips before! ray and i have had incredible luck with rain until that day!

The decorations are neat. We didn't make it over to either of those resorts this trip, so it's nice to get to see the ones we missed.

i loved the decorations at the boardwalk!

That's a cute picture of Luke strolling along under the umbrella.

he really didn't mind the rain at all. he was a good sport!

All that rain! What a bummer!!! Sorry that you missed the kitchen sink, but I would have been the same way -- I hate waiting, especially when I know I need to be heading to a park.

Out of curiosity, how long a walk do you think it was from the Boardwalk to the Beach Club, and then from the Beach Club to Epcot?

I love all the Christmas decorations -- especially the gingerbread carousel -- all that detailing really is just amazing!

we will do the kitchen sink someday! it just wasn't meant to be that day.

the picture of us walking on the boardwalk under the awning (where we had just begun walking) was taken at 11:31 and the picture of me handing out towels was taken at 11:39. so i would say about 10 minutes. but remember we were walking fairly fast because it was raining. we weren't running but we definitely didn't take our time! as far as going from the beach club to epcot, i'd say from our pictures that it took less than 10 minutes. it's literally right around the corner.

Awww, what a wet start!!! The boardwalk looks gorgeous!! I would really like to go and visit there sometime!
I love the ship with Capt. Jack!! They really do go all out with the gingerbread houses!!!

it's just a really neat place. it's especially pretty at night!

Hurrah! You started! Can't believe you're already on page 4! :scared1: Where have I been?? Oh yeah, I was at Disney too ;) but unfortunately I didn't see you guys. I did think about you guys often, though.

Especially with the birds. Is it just me or is the bird problem out of control? They were dive-bombing people in Epcot. It was scary!

So the condo looks great. Like CP/Jackie said, even better than the pictures in your PTR. Love the Mickey Paint Chip poster! There's an art project for us DIS'ers!

Love Anna, Chris and Luke's Christmas card! Looks like Luke liked the Jungle parade!

The rain. :headache: Was that Thursday the 11th? That's the day I arrived and I think it was a monsoon. Scattered my you-know-what! Sorry you didn't get to try Beaches 'n Cream but you know you'll be back and it's always fun to have new things to try!

Gotta love Beach Club w/ the towels out for people coming in from the rain. Ahh... the deluxe life! :)

I think you're off on your holiday travels tomorrow. Have a safe trip. We'll be looking forward to hearing more about Disney and your holiday when you get back. Merry Christmas!!! :santa: :goodvibes

hope you guys had fun at WDW!!!!!

the birds were horrible in canada later that day! we were trying to make it to our dinner ADR and i grabbed hold of ray's arm and just closed my eyes and walked through them. it was horrifying!!!!

yes, that was the 11th. it was awful that morning! what a way to start, huh?

Wow, a wet start to Disney. You hate to be disappointed because after all...it's Disney, but it is a shame. Sorry you didn't get to have your Kitchen Sink. It's a good reminder that you can't possibly do it all so relax and have fun!

yes, very wet! i was disappointed about the kitchen sink but we'll do it in the future i'm sure! i'm glad i don't get to do everything i want at disney - it would get boring after awhile! :laughing:

Oooohhhhh....I LOVE the decorations at Christmastime! Isn't the carousel cool? Sorry you had such a wet start...I do hope it gets better. You know, it sucks having rain on vacation, but at least you were in DW!!! :banana:

:headache: Aw man, rain rain go away! Wow, those Christmas decorations look beautiful! I remember watching one of Samanta Brown's Disney Christmas shows and she showed the recipe for the carousel so it was cool so see a picture of it! I was waiting to see how long the wait would be to eat...I figured everyone was flocking there because of the weather! 45 minutes-an hour kinda puts a damper on plans so it was probably a good idea you skipped it! Did you guys walk all the way to Epcot or catch the ferry?

i think i blame those samantha brown disney christmas specials for the crowds we saw....the secret's out! :rotfl: we walked to epcot but it only took less than 10 minutes - not bad at all!

Sorry you got rained on! What a yucky way to start your trip! The Christmas decorations are beautiful. The gingerbread decorations are so neat to see. It's amazing the things the bakery's can make!

they were really cool and they smelled SO GOOD!

:wave2:

That reminds me: Buy ponchos!

Have fun in Nashville for Christmas- it's FREEZING here this morning! (9 degrees?! What up with that?!)

definitely buy ponchos! they are a life saver.

i cannot handle 9 degrees! that's just insane.

I love the Christmas decorations, especially the carousel. DD #1 would have loved that. She keeps saying that next year we need to go for her birthday, which is December 13, so maybe we'll get to see the Christmas decorations. We keep warning her that it might not be next year though ;) .

So sorry to hear that you got rained on. It was the Epcot day during our trip that we kept getting rained on too. I was looking forward to pictures of the Kitchen Sink, but I definitely know what you mean about plans getting changed. I'm still waiting for the finalized list of restaurants for the dining plan in 2009 to come out to see if we're going to be able to do all the reservations that I made for our January trip.

i hope you guys get to go - you'd love it! i've heard about the DDP restaurants not being finalized yet - that's so annoying!

UGH I hate the rain! :headache: I hope it let up soon and you guys got to enjoy your day at Epcot. Sorry about missing Beaches and Cream! We went in 2005 and 2006, but we went on non-park days because of the wait. We went at an off-time in 2005 and got right in, but in 2006 we waited almost an hour :rolleyes: I don't think we'll be back anytime soon because of that - I'd rather have an ADR somewhere that you have a good chance of getting into on time!

I hope you and Ray have a very Merry Christmas and lots of fun in TN! Will you be there through the New Year or just for Christmas??

i'm sure we'll make it to beaches and cream some day! i don't like that they don't take ADRs. i like having a plan!

i'm just going to nashville for christmas and coming home on saturday.

I've been lurking in your trip reports for a while...but I don't remember ever posting.? So I am now!!!! I was hoping to see how far you guys got with the kitchen sink!!! But like you said you can't let things like that ruin your trip. I can understand not wanting to wait that long. The Boardwalk looks absolutely beautiful...even in the rain...I hope that lets up for your day at Epcot. I can't wait!!!!!!!!

Merry Christmas:santa:

glad you came out of lurkdom! thanks so much for reading! :goodvibes

Ok, so I am kind of late to the party, but I'm here now.

I loved that condo you stayed in. Like everyone else said, I can't believe it had a Christmas tree.

Can't believe all that rain! Y'all look great in your ponchos. ;) Great idea to tie up Luke's. :idea:

Can't wait to hear who got the bloody nose? :surfweb:

Safe travels to NashVegas! One of my high school friends was shopping with her girls yesterday and ran into Taylor Swift. Luckily, she was sweet enough to get pictures with all of them. Have a Merry Christmas! :santa:

you're not late - i just started! ;) glad to see you here though. you'll have to wait to see about the bloody nose. it will be much later in the report! :rolleyes1

Ok I can vouch for how comphy the couches are at Boardwalk because KC and I are guilty of falling asleep in the lobby the day we left last January! Full on passed out on the couches!

well, now i know why that guy was snoozing so soundly! :laughing:

Never trust the weather forcast!!!:rotfl2:

I love the pictures of the decorations in the resorts!

seriously! scattered to me means random or not solid ran or....SCATTERED! not monsoon-like downpours!

Booooo to the rain and the stupid forecaster! :headache: Glad to see you guys didn't let it ruin your Disney spirit though ;)

All those birds!!:scared1: How did you do it?! idk if I would have been able to. And that close up..as soon as I saw it I was thinking, "how did Dawn take that?!" or more like "WHY ON EARTH DID DAWN TAKE THAT?!" Then I read the caption and it made more sense :laughing:

Luke looked adorable in his too big for him poncho:cutie: Can't wait to hear about your Epcot day!

i didn't even notice the birds because i was trying to get inside from the rain! anna took those pics. if you see a pic with a bird know that she took it - not me! :laughing:

I love the Tink!

me too! ;)

Oooohhhhh....I LOVE the decorations at Christmastime! Isn't the carousel cool? Sorry you had such a wet start...I do hope it gets better. You know, it sucks having rain on vacation, but at least you were in DW!!! :banana:

yes, it was so neat! and it smelled good too.

we looked like a bunch of wet rats by the time we got to epcot!

Dawn great pictures...but I know that you will always bring those back. Sorry about the rain I expect rain at WDW since we go summers... but you are not used to it. Have a Merry Christmas and safe travels!

Dawn great pictures...but I know that you will always bring those back. Sorry about the rain I expect rain at WDW since we go summers... but you are not used to it. Have a Merry Christmas and safe travels!

awww...thanks! we have definitely been lucky with rain before. i guess we were bound to run into it sometime! you have a great christmas too!

well, i have court tomorrow and then i leave for nashville for christmas! i'm staying with my mom so i may have a wireless signal. i usually can find one in her neighborhood. but just in case i don't i wanted to wish you all a......

740935udvph37f1w.gif

i hope you all get to spend it with the ones you love. be safe if you're traveling and enjoy yourselves if you're staying home.

i'm a bit bummed this year because ray can't come with me to nashville. he had reserved 2 vacation days (wed. and friday) and had to use one of them back when my computer crashed in october, so he can't go. there was no way around it though - if he hadn't taken the day off my computer wouldn't have gotten fixed and i would've missed lots of work. so it had to be done. he could come but we'd have to come back thursday night and there's no way i'm doing that. this will be the first christmas we haven't been together since we've been married. :sad1: i could stay home but there's no way i can do that to my grandparents - they love getting together for the holidays and i wasn't home for thanksgiving. i'm trying not to think about it and will just enjoy the time with my family and friends. i'm coming home first thing on saturday though because i'm sure i'll be missing my boys! luckily his mom lives close by so he can go over there with them on christmas.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!!!! :santa:

but just in case i don't i wanted to wish you all a......

740935udvph37f1w.gif

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!!!! :santa:

So cute!!!

You be safe and I will see you on Friday!! :yay: I know I'm not the same as Ray but I'm glad I will be seeing you this Christmas :goodvibes

Be Careful and call me on your way! There's a possibility we might go out for drinks with another couple but I'll be happy to chat if I can. We have our office holiday lunch party tomorrow but I should be home by about 3ish.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter