AAA, FL Res, CM or code (Long questions)

dreamalittledream

DIS Veteran
Ok, so this is for the slow learner (me) I have really been trying to gather all of the info on the best way to book our trip. I know alot of this info is covered but I am still trying to sort out some of the finer points and all of you DIS'ers are the Best for that. Thank YOU!! :cool1:

this it what I would like to book:
11 nights at Mod or Deluxe for 2 adult, 1 child, 1 baby
10 day MYW hopper that expires
MYW Dining

other factors:
Brother's Family also going and staying on site (mod)
has 7 days of old tix to use, needs to buy 1 child tix to match
Parent's are FL res also going and staying on site (mod)
has FL AP
DH's Family is CM and would get us a room (don't want to bug them yet with questions since it is still 20 months away and they already think I am nuts :crazy: ) we could stay with them but want to stay on property.

I have AAA.
Or would get 1 AP if it would be the best way to go. I believe I have read that we could get AP's for the kids so they could go with the Grandparents and use those to book the rooms.

I hope you can tell me if the following scenarios are possible or the best way to go about this.

Opt 1: Book thru AAA, Deluxe package and get what we want.
problem: I have trouble giving up control of my vacation, I like to call WDW myself.
Question?: Will I still get the AAA disc on the room if I call WDW and book a package?

Opt 2: Let Parent's book 3 rooms and all stay at the Mod. Buy tix seperate.
problems: I have trouble giving up control of my vacation. we want to stay 3 days longer than they do. No Dining.
Question?: Do I book the extra days myself with AAA or can I extend the trip once we are there? Or book everyone for 11 days and than have them leave when they want to and cancel the 3 days.

Opt 3: Book the room only myself, at the Deluxe use the CM disc. Buy tix seperate.
problems: can't get the Dining without booking a package.
Question:? do CM's get a disc on the MYW packages?

When does MYW dining end, will it still be around in Dec 2006?
and what about the Magical Express? will it be around, will they start charging? (it still sounds like the way to go even if I pay for it)

So, what is the most cost effective way(s) to book? Or while booking what I want will be the least hassel, It may not be good for the group.
I am really driving myself crazy with all the different options. If it were just us going, I would not have a problem but there are 3 other families involved.

Thanks for letting me put this on paper and sort of organize my options, let me know if I missed something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter