AAA Members, 2002 cruises, Free Mugs/Soda on cruises

The cruise has to be booked thru AAA. My AAA TA called DCL today and was told DCL will put the mugs in our stateroom because they'll see on our records that we are booked thru the AAA. I booked last June for our October 2002 cruise.

Patty :earsgirl:

I just spoke with AAA re: cruising on May 5th-- they are canceling my ressies made through DCL, since I just made them last week and haven't sent the money yet. If you book in January with AAA you get a $100 shipboard credit, in addition to one free mug for each guest, and 10% off the Treasurer Ketch store (if you spend $75); a Platinum card which will get you 10% off some activities while in WDW and 10% off rental at Castaway Cay. Not a bad deal!!

I was a little concerned at first because I wanted to take advantage of the $99 Dolphin, and my TA was unfamiliar with it and thought I would have to book a Category 4-7 to take advantage, but after checking into it, I can stay with my two "10" rooms.

Cruising here we come!

My AAA TA didn't know anything about the $100 credit. She did confirm the free mugs and said they would bein my stateroom. Can I refer her to a particular issue of AAA magazine? IS the offer valid for 3 night cruises in May?

We sailed 1/5/02, and we had to go to guest services for the mugs. My AAA TA said there would be three - one per person on the trip, and they would only give us one, as well as a $50 credit. It took them three days to check into this, and then they corrected the mistake. Also, we never got the discount card that was advertised for 10 percent in the shops. It was a big hassle...

This was advertised in the Disney Cruise catalog that had a special AAA member benefits cover attached.

We just got back....the mugs were not in our room, and we had no coupon. I went down to customer service and they gave me 4 small coupons to take to any bar to get them. Seems the bars were keeping lists of who got them and how many. Small inconvenience for a nice souvenier:D

Just call AAA and they rebooked my room with a $100 ship board credit and free soda mugs for all. I had already booked and paid the deposit for an 10/20/02 cruise/land package. Thank you one and all for sharing. Love this board.

sbrownell~I booked thru AAA last July for an 8/2002 sailing and paid the deposit. I just went to my TA last week for the 2002 benefits and I was told that if I wanted the $100 shipboard credit that I would have to rebook, which consequently meant that I would have to pay more, considering that I would lose my early booking discount. Did you have to pay more? I REALLY want a shipboard credit if I am eligible, but I don't want to pay more for my cruise to get it! When did you first book your cruise? TIA!

Please...please...please.... let there be a deal like this when we sail....June 2004. Going with 15 people that could be a great extra. We have AAA....hope they will have the offer again!!!

thanks for the info. Just called AAA and they rebooked my already booked vacation. They gave us the same rate and $100 ship credit as well as the free soda mugs. I have become very addicted to this board. I'm glad it paid off.

Thanks again.

I want to be clear on this before I call my TA. Is the $100 on board credit, if you booked your cruise in Jan 2002. We changed weeks a couple of weeks ago, and they made us rebook (we are going on the AAA 6/22 cruise), so I will need to check to see if we will get the on board credit. Every $ counts.

KimDisFan: I would check to see if you get the $100 shipboard credit. Also, we are going on the 6/22 7 day cruise. Feel free to email us. Have done the 4 day and 7 day already. Search for the 6/22/02 cruise and who's going, Keener cam started the thread. Join us in our 6/22 families. Good luck rebooking and getting the mugs.

Is ice tea freely available on the ship or does this cost extra too?

Harriet in East TN
DVC Member '96
Taking DVC Anniversary Cruise 4/7-4/11

Originally posted by HarrietSLP

Is ice tea freely available on the ship or does this cost extra too?

Iced Tea is available in the dining rooms, but it's not all that great... it's the soda fountain variety. Your best best is to make iced tea up at the Deck 9 beverage station using their hot water, tea bags, and ice.

Oh dear! Disney has really got the noose around my neck <g>
Since my two bad vices are drinking too much Diet Coke and/or ice tea, then it looks like I have no choice but to buy the soda mug....that is...unless I can kick my addiction before the April cruise. :)

Harriet in East TN
DVC Member '96
Sailing on the DVC Anniversary Cruise 4/7-4/11

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter