• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AAA perks

Tonyspad

Disney or Bust for us!
I normally book our trips myself. I have heard that AAA offers some perks, such as free fast pass', and was wondering if any one has any info on this?

Fastpasses are free to anyone. AAA has offered Enhanced FastPass (I've heard that this might be done away with, though, in the near future). Enhanced FP works a little different than regular FP. With regular FP (available to anyone with valid admission) you can get one FP at a time in each park, except for the disconnected rides (one of thise in each park). With enhanced FP, you can get a FP for any ride that offers it, but only have one FP for each ride at a time.

The FastPass section of "A DLR Guide for WDW Vets" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1162599 discusses this. The Enhanced FastPass will no longer be offerred thru AAA after Jan 6, 2007. So if you want to use this perk, travel this year. There are rumors (and nothing more than just rumors) that DLR may start offerring EFP themselves and not thru AAA.

I just called AAA the person I talked to said they haven't heard anything about that stopping that, maybe that could be true or the help hasn't been told yet. :sunny:

GailT said:
I just called AAA the person I talked to said they haven't heard anything about that stopping that, maybe that could be true or the help hasn't been told yet. :sunny:
I am guessing not everyone at AAA knows, as some have reported their AAA agents already knowing about it.

If you want to read about it, go to one of the recent MousePlanet DLR Park Updates here:

www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=dl060821xx

and scroll down to the section titled "Enhanced Fastpass Hiatus".

That is to bad they are going to stop that. I'll be going this year but for others going next yr. that is a bummer, it's a great perk or at least I think it is, I'll let you know when I ocme back home in December. :wave:

You also get free parking if you buy parkhoppers through AAA. We did this on our WDW trip 2 years ago.

In a major case of brain freeze, I forgot about it, this past February. Would've saved about $7-8 each for 6 parkhoppers plus 5 days parking. :furious: (That's about $100 if anyone's counting)

If it makes you feel any better - the AAA Diamond Parking pass does not give you free parking - just a good parking spot based on availability

hydroguy
are you sure of that date? still available until jan 6?

thinking of going 3-6 and would book through aaa to get efp

thanks

My 2006 AAA brouchure states that the "Multiple FASTPASS ticket benefit is available for AAA Vacations through January 15, 2007".

disneedee said:
hydroguy
are you sure of that date? still available until jan 6?

thinking of going 3-6 and would book through aaa to get efp

thanks
I only know what I have read. At one point I read Jan 3, but mostly I read Jan 6. CalGal's note is the first I have read for Jan 15.

The other part of this is that when you buy multi-day tix, they are good for 14 days after first use. So perhaps there is a deadline when you have to use the first day of your ticket. And maybe that is Jan 6. Or maybe there is a deadline when you have to use the last day of your ticket.

There are travel agents who can book thru AAA who know their stuff, and are experts in Disney travel. I would call one of them to get the straight scoop. I suspect you will be able to squeeze in Jan 3-6.

julia & nicks mom said:
If it makes you feel any better - the AAA Diamond Parking pass does not give you free parking - just a good parking spot based on availability

Is that something you get separately from the parkhopper ticket from AAA? I do know we got free parking at WDW a couple of years ago. The AAA (Oregon/Idaho) website also states complimentary parking with parkhopper purchase.

HydroGuy said:
There are travel agents who can book thru AAA who know their stuff, and are experts in Disney travel. I would call one of them to get the straight scoop. I suspect you will be able to squeeze in Jan 3-6.

i have not had any ta through aaa who were all knowing on disney. i've booked a few trips through them but i have to make the requests for info or discounts based on my research at this and other websites. maybe it's just my luck?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter