AAaargh! Ever hate your ADRs??

jennk1425

Mouseketeer
I made all my ADRs, then got back to real life for a while. Now that my trip is in less than 2 weeks, I am looking over everything and HATING all my ADRs! Has this ever happened to you? Should I try a hail mary pass and keep fighting for some different ADRs?

On a different note, how many of you make more ADRs than you need and then cancel on the day of the one you decide against? Is this a major Disney faux pas?

I made all my ADRs, then got back to real life for a while. Now that my trip is in less than 2 weeks, I am looking over everything and HATING all my ADRs! Has this ever happened to you? Should I try a hail mary pass and keep fighting for some different ADRs?

On a different note, how many of you make more ADRs than you need and then cancel on the day of the one you decide against? Is this a major Disney faux pas?

I just changed several of my ADRs around this morning and we are only 31 days out from my trip! If it would make you feel better keep looking to see what is available but don't make yourself completely crazy over it.

I personally do not make more than one ADR for a specific date and time. Doing so would possibly deny another family from getting the dining reservations they want or need. I do think it is a faux pas and personally find it a selfish thing to do. I try to be more considerate of my fellow vacationers as I would help they would do for me. :love:

I've never run into that but we only do 2 or 3 TS meals a trip so we still have plenty of new places to try.

If I were you, I'd try and get some different ADR's and cancel the ones you don't like right after you've made new ones. No point in eating at places you don't want to.

It's a major Disney faux pas to make more ADR's than you need knowing that you will be cancelling one. Just a heads up, you may get flamed even for suggesting it.

At one point, Disney was checking for that and cancelling ALL of the ADR's for anyone who double booked. I don't know that they are still doing that now.

I don't think Disney is checking for that anymore, but I wish they would! I know someone at work who is going soon and made 4 ADRs for dinner every night, so they could just eat at whatever park they were already in. I was very upset that she would be so selfish and that Disney doesn't do anything about it. But what can you do besides bite your tongue???

At one point, Disney was checking for that and cancelling ALL of the ADR's for anyone who double booked. I don't know that they are still doing that now.

I sure hope they dont do that-- we are a family of 7 but some nights people are off doing their own thing-- so I have two reservations on a few nights at different places within 30 minute time frame.

I just cancelled 2 because we decided to switch our schedule around some. I don't make more ADRs than needed, but I can understand where a person can get carried away making a lot of them.

I'm never totally happy with my ADR's. Not that the places that we've picked out are bad, they're great places, but we walk into a resort or a restaurant at one of the parks and then all of a sudden I have the urge to eat there!:scared: I guess it's just me wanting what I can't have.:rotfl:

So, don't worry, you're not alone. There should be some kind of support group.:grouphug:

Luckily when i made mine i made the more popular ones first and got everything. Even days later and even some now there was availability so i stared at my reservations for days, revised, revised over & over again, until i got them the way i wanted them. I didnt have the opportunity to do this last year when making reservations due to the 90 days and only by phone at the time. I took advantage of it and told myself to make sure i was happy with everything during the week of making my first reservations because as the days went on I knew it wouldnt be so easy to change.

I personally do not make more than one ADR for a specific date and time. Doing so would possibly deny another family from getting the dining reservations they want or need. I do think it is a faux pas and personally find it a selfish thing to do. I try to be more considerate of my fellow vacationers as I would help they would do for me. :love:

Excellent point! I got caught up in the "hedging my bets" department thinking about that one.

When I made my ADRs the EMH were not out yet and now that they are, DH wants to hit all the EMH parks. And we didn't buy hoppers. So, I was sent back to the drawing board with ADRs. So tired.

I don't intentionally make more than one for one night, but sometimes I am able to get something better later on- I'm always checking to see if the popular places come available. Its very easy to book a new one online and its not so easy to call and wait on the CM to cancel the old one (on hold, then giving them each number, repeating the info, waiting on it to be deleted from the system.) I always cancel them but I sometimes don't do it immediately...I'm not hoarding purposely and hope I don't get flamed (or get my reservations cancelled :eek:)

I think I'm happy with my ADRs now!
Wolfgang Puck dinner
Park Fare B'fast
Rose & Crown dinner
Tusker House dinner
Liberty Tree lunch
San Angel Inn lunch
Biergarten dinner

Wolfgang Puck dinner
Park Fare B'fast
Rose & Crown dinner
Tusker House dinner
Liberty Tree lunch
San Angel Inn lunch
Biergarten dinner

Oooh, good ones! Please report back on your experience at San Angel. I LOVE the environment, the Mexico pavilion is my favorite place in all of WDW. I'd also interested in the new dinner menu at Rose & Crown.

Have fun! :cool1:

I jsut made my ADRS yesterday and already want to change.

I have been to Disney bunches of times and always tend to go back to the same places to eat, because I love them so much! I know this trip will be my last for a while. I wanted to squeeze one more trip in before my daughter is past the age where she doesnt think Mickey and Cinderella are real (she just turned 6). In 1 1/2 years, I will have 2 in college to boot:scared1:. So, this is it!

I vowed to try new places this time and now Im scared. No Le Cellier, no Cali Grill, no 50's Prime Time..two I HAVE to go to is San Angel Inn and Yak and Yeti. New on our list is..

Rose and Crown (yikes!)
Biergarten (double yikes!)
Nine Dragons
Cape May
Sci Fi

and some others. Im having second thoughts!

Biergarten is a must do on every trip of ours. We did try it for lunch once and that is just too much food for lunch, so now it's dinner time only for us.
We've also done Nine Dragon and like it. It's not a must do for us, but a nice change of pace when we find ourselves in a dining rut.

Cape May had an excellent breakfast the one time we tried it. We haven't been there for dinner but have walked past. I was pregnant at the time and it did not smell appetizing to me! But that was the super nose in effect.

That was the only trip that I felt I wanted to change our reservations. We ended up calling the day of to change things if I wasn't feeling what we had booked. If we changed our minds, we did cancel our existing reservation. I think it's just the polite thing to do. We never make more than one reservation for a timeslot. I wish they would find a way to eliminate that in their system personally.

I would make ADR's then if something better came up I would book it first before canceling the existing ADR. I was just to afraid that I would lose out on both if I canceled before making the new one.

We are going with our 2 (almost 3) yo grandson this July and DDIL wanted lots of character meals. We are doing 3 and I am concerned this is going to be way too much stimulation. Oh well.

We are going with our 2 (almost 3) yo grandson this July and DDIL wanted lots of character meals. We are doing 3 and I am concerned this is going to be way too much stimulation. Oh well.

We have taken our daughter at age 2 (August 2006), 4 (December 2008), and 5 (August 2009). Every trip, we have been to five or six character meals. Occasionally, we have gone to two character meals in one day. It's never been too much stimulation. It has been WONDERFUL :-)

Wolfgang Puck dinner
Park Fare B'fast
Rose & Crown dinner
Tusker House dinner
Liberty Tree lunch
San Angel Inn lunch
Biergarten dinner

Looks good to me. :thumbsup2 I am just being nosy, but what did you have before?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter