Abbreviations - Silly me... DH, DS, DD...

njchris

DIS Veteran
Ok, I either feel silly or everyone else is wrong. :)

When reading these forums, I had not looked up what the abbreviations like DH, DD, DS for family members meant. After reading a bit, I just figured since I'm on a Disney related forum that they means DISNEY HUSBAND... DISNEY SON.. DISNEY DAUGHTER.

Now I just looked through the abbreviation post in the newbie sticky and they say they mean DEAR.. ***NOT*** Disney!!!!

But now I feel sad that it means DEAR and not Disney... Wouldn't Disney Daughter have more meaning thatn Dear? I mean, Disney is dear to all of us, but so much more... so I think calling someone Disney Daughter means that person is more than just dear to you.

So... I will not change what it means in my mind. Maybe someday I won't be the only one to read them this way! :)

Now I understand why someone had said "DF" and I replied if that means Disney Friend of Disney Fiance... (could be Disney Father too).. and she said "I suppose it could be Disney Friend!"... now I understand why it was said that way!!!!

I am with you--I always say "disney" whatever in my head! And even tho they are dear, I love the disney word.

Schweet said:
Here's the page I look at to figure out the abbreviations and for DH it says Dear (Darling, Disney) Husband.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/abbreviations.htm
When I read it I always use Darling, I like the sound of it!
To tell you the truth, when I started reading this board, I was like, "Um..what does all those abbreviations mean?" But then I saw that page & I went, "Ah, that's what it means." :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter