• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ABD 2009 cancellation list

Happy99

DIS Veteran
If everyone is willing I would like to keep a list of cancelled ABD's. If you would post in response to this thread I will keep the count, itinerary and dates on this first post so it is easy to refer back to without having to read through multiple posts and threads

Thank you

List updated 2/25/09

London / Paris (2) - June 22, July 31

Alpine Magic (2) - May 24, Aug 6

Costa Rica (2) - April 18 – Sept 19

Ireland (4) - May 16, June 20, July 4, July 11

Yosemite (1) - May 31

Boston / NYC - all

Southwest Splendors (4) - June 16, Aug 1, Aug 29, Sept 12

Germany (3) - Aug 28, Sep 11, Sep 19

Spirit of America (1) - Oct 9

Canadian Rockies Glacier National Park (3) - July 4, Sept 5 and Aug 15

Viva Italia (3) - July 6, June 8 and Sep 17

Peru (1) - July 7

Quest for the West (5) - June 23, June 25, Sep 1, Sep 3 and Sep 6

Storybook Kingdoms (Austria / Czech) (2) – July 19, Aug 10

China (2) - July 5 and July 19

Discovery Down under (1) - June 6

Backstage Magic (1) - March 10

Edited to add that I do realize this is just the Dis community and there may be others

From reading other posts the dates listed above are cancelled - please reply to this thread if there are others that aren't listed and I will update the list

This is information from those who are on the disboards. I 'm sure there are other dates too.

I'm pretty sure that there was someone who had and imperial cities tour that had a message on their machine.

I wish they would remove canceled dates from their website, and list all those that are sold out and taking waiting lists.

Since all these cancels have been happening, I've been checking other tour companies and they usually said FULL, Almost full, still booking, canceled. I don't understand why ABD is so secretive. I think it makes folks more nervous than if they were just upfront about what was going on. Transparency in a company certainly can help with consumer confidence.

I'm glued to the disboards and what tours are canceled. I know that my tour (Ireland July 22) is one of the tours that is being offered to the canceled folks, so it looks like a go. But I still don't feel that confident.

I appreciate this site. It actually makes things look better than I thought. It just seems they are trimming a little here and there.

The March 10 - 15 2009 Backstage Magic Tour was cancelled (it was technically a 2008 itinerary).

I have a question about cancellations.

Is there anyone (or do you know of anyone) that has been moved to another date only to have that adventure cancelled as well?

Our Ireland date was cancelled and we were moved to another date just a few days earlier. I sincerely hope that they would not inconvenience us twice. :eek:

(I should have found this Disboard BEFORE I booked my trip. I would have expected the cancellation)

Tigger can I ask which Ireland? We are going June 17th

When I was rebooking -I told the ABD agent that I was afraid to rebook -that I did not want to have my rebooking canceled as well. She said that the ones they were people into were the ones that they were planning on going. She said it would be silly for them to move people into one that they thought there was a chance of canceling. She could not guarantee it -but felt that they would only be canceled if there were some other kind of problem -not because of low enrollment.

Nevermind Tigger -I see you and I are on the same one. She said ours was almost full!!

If everyone is willing I would like to keep a list of cancelled ABD's. If you would post in response to this thread I will keep the count, itinerary and dates on this first post so it is easy to refer back to without having to read through multiple posts and threads

Thank you

Alpine Magic (1) - May 24

Costa Rica (2) - April 18 – Sept 19

Ireland (3) - May 16, June 20, July 4

Yosemite (1) - May 31

Boston / NYC - all

Southwest Splendors (4) - June 16, Aug 1, Aug 29, Sept 12

Germany (1) - Sep 11

Spirit of America (1) - Oct 9

Canadian Rockies Glacier National Park (3) - July 4, Sept 5 and Aug 15

Viva Italia (2) - July 6 and June 8

Peru (1) - July 7

Quest for the West (2) - June 23 and June 25

Storybook Kingdoms (Austria / Czech) (1) – July 19, August 16

China (2) - July 5 and July 19

Discovery Down under (1) - June 6

Backstage Magic (1) - March 10

Edited to add that I do realize this is just the Dis community and there may be others

We have been canceled on the Storybook Kingdoms trip August 16th (rebooked for Viva Italia August 10)

Ok--being a numbers person (and being bored at lunch today. . .) after reading the numerous posts about cancellations, about ABD being in trouble and possible "not surviving", I got really depressed. So I decided to run a few quick calculations based on available information * (e.g., just the info posted on this website).

To put all the cancellations in perspective. . . ABD originally offered 486 departures on its website. We know this hasn't been updated, because all the cancelled trips are still there. Also, I am not counting the cancelled NYC/Boston itinerary, because I no longer know how many departures were offered.

Anyway, with 486 departures to all destinations -- we know of 31 cancellations. That is approximately 6.4% of all trips listed.

Yes--there may be others that we are not aware of, but this is still statistically a very small percentage.

Maybe this will offer some perspective (which I know will not help if the cancellation actually happened to you. . .), but maybe we can all feel a little better after all??????

Turtlemom :surfweb:

In case anyone wants background numbers with percentage calculation by country (which is different than overall percentage of cancelled trips):
Here are the itineraries:

Australia: 26 offered, (1) cancelled =3.8%
China: 18 offered, (2) cancelled = 11%
South Africa (+ Signature): 14 offered
Costa Rica: 28 offered, (2) cancelled = 7.14%
Ecuador: 6 offered
Peru: 21 offered, (1) cancelled = 4.8%
Czech Republ.: 16 offered (2) cancelled = 12.5%
England/France: 36 offered (1) cancelled = 2.7%
Germany: 27 offered (2) cancelled = 7.4%
Ireland: 27 offered (4) cancelled = 14.8%
Italy: 50 offered (2) cancelled = 4%
(someone lost their mind when they decided to make that many departures!)
Central Italy: 27 offered
Provence: 18 offered
Spain: 10 offered
Alps: 15 offered (2) cancelled = 13.3%
Alaska: 10 offered
Southwest: 38 offered (4) cancelled = 10.5%
Glacier/Banf: 12 offered (3) cancelled = 25%
Backstage magic: 22 offered (1) cancelled = 4.5%
Mid Atlantic: 20 offered (1) cancelled = 5%
Northern Calif (+ signature): 12 offered (1) cancelled = 8.3%
Wyoming: 31 offered (2) cancelled = 6.5%

Maybe its not as bad as it looks? Hopefully, there won't be too many more cancellations to update. . . .

Turtlemom :surfweb:

Thanks for posting! That does sound more promising.

As a numbers person myself, that's sounds like something I would have done. :rotfl:

Thanks so much for keeping the list updated Happy99, it's great to have all the available Dis Boards info in one place.

In an effort to help you keep on top of things... I noticed this post on the other cancellations thread thread this morning:

Quest for the West all Sept dates have been cancelled. I received the call yesterday and when I called back today I was told the last trip leaving is Aug 30.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter