• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ABD 2009 cancellation list

That makes 3 more Quest for the West trips cancelled:
Sept. 1, Sept. 3, and Sept. 6. . . .

Hopefully, the July and August trips will be safe. . . .

Turtlemom.

Also, I am not counting the cancelled NYC/Boston itinerary, because I no longer know how many departures were offered.
Turtlemom, according to the brochure (which :D doesn't change!) there were 13 departures of the NYC/Boston itinerary offered. Hmmm... an unlucky number?

Interesting numbers! Thanks for posting them.

Sayhello

Disney canceled our September 17th trip, but switched us to a later date. We're pretty upset for a number of reasons - the biggest one is that we're now going during a shoulder season, which means that everything will be cheaper for Disney while they still charge us the same price. Days will be shorter, nights colder, Venice might be foggy or flooded. Luckily, I booked through a travel agent and they were wonderful smoothing out all the arrangements for us so that we didn't have to pay cancellation fees for changes to our air flights. That would have been the final straw! Pretty disappointing overall.

Luckily, I booked through a travel agent and they were wonderful smoothing out all the arrangements for us so that we didn't have to pay cancellation fees for changes to our air flights. That would have been the final straw! Pretty disappointing overall.

Not that I want to negate the value of using a travel agent (since I am one), but Disney would have taken care of the fees regardless. They also would take care of any airfare increase when moving you to another date. I only mention this so anyone new to these boards won't think that they'll have yet another thing to worry about if their trip is canceled!

How much later are you going? We went on the Viva trip in September a few years ago, and Venice had flooded the week *before* our trip. I think it's like hurricanes at WDW -- you just never know. I hope the new date works out well for you!

Dotti

Not that I want to negate the value of using a travel agent (since I am one), but Disney would have taken care of the fees regardless. They also would take care of any airfare increase when moving you to another date. I only mention this so anyone new to these boards won't think that they'll have yet another thing to worry about if their trip is canceled!Dotti
You are, of course, correct again, Dotti. I did not book my airfare through ABD, but they gave me multiple options on how to handle re-booking my airfare for the new dates/destination, and there was no cost to me for the changes. ABD took care of all of that. (I went ahead and had ABD book the new flights for me, as that was the easiest option, and they booked exactly the flights I wanted.)

Sayhello

I wonder if the Sept. cancellations for Quest have anything to do with the crazy weather this year. I remember one of our guides, who had led Quest often, talking about being surprised by snow on one of the trips. We had bad early storms this year, so maybe they looked at low bookings combined with iffy weather and cut their losses there. Just a thought.

Snow storms in September? That would be kind of crazy.
It is also likely that bookings really drop off in September, since most kids are back to school. Quest for the West seems like more of a family trip than some of the other destinations that could appeal more to Adults Only travellers.

There were also earthquake swarms in Yellowstone earlier this year (December/January). That could make for an "exciting" trip as well. . .

Turtlemom :rolleyes1

Snow storms in September? That would be kind of crazy. Turtlemom :rolleyes1

Crazy but real. ;) I have been to Yellowstone in June and we had snow. We were staying in the cabins and you could see the breath of the bison (which were grazing right outside our door) it was that cold.

I wonder if this week is full? Aug 25 - Aug 31

Hi All -

So I spoke with my Disney rep yesterday and she couldn't have been nicer. Maybe it was because I was using sugar instead of vinegar when speaking to her?? Anyway, because our original tour was canceled (june 22) we took advantage of having to go earlier and are now able to catch a performance of the London Symphony Orchestra which for my kids is a dream come true. I asked if I could book a pre-night with them and they said I could but it would be $657.00 - FOR ONE NIGHT!!! So I looked on line at Mariott and I can book it myself for $350.00. When I told her that, she said to go ahead and book it myself but that they would still give me the pre-night transfer and pick us up at the airport. She said she would also put in a request that we get the same room assigned for the duration of our stay so we wouldn't have to change rooms. Pretty accommodating if you ask me. She also told me there were only 4 rooms left on that tour (which to me meant 8 spaces open) so it looks like we are pretty safe for no further cancellations. I rebooked my flights this morning and ABD is picking up the change fee.

Leslie

:sad2: You can add another one to the list. Just got word, our July 31, London Paris has been cancelled.:sad2:

Just working with my travel agent now to hopefully reschedule. Keep your fingers crossed for me everyone

:sad2: You can add another one to the list. Just got word, our July 31, London Paris has been cancelled.:sad2:

Just working with my travel agent now to hopefully reschedule. Keep your fingers crossed for me everyone

Good Luck Ivory! Fingers X!

Oh No! I wonder if we are in for another set of cancelations! Back to worrying again.

Hi All -

So I have found a silver - if not gold - lining in our trip being canceled and rescheduled. When I booked our ABD trip in July and purchased airfare in August, I paid almost $1,500 per ticket!! Before I called American today, I went on their website to book a "new" reservation and the tickets were $950 per ticket!! So - the $250 change fee was absorbed by the decrease in fare AND we were each issued a $260 travel voucher!!! With two kids heading to college (out of town and out of state:((( ) they will be used right away!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter