• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ABD cancelations

Hi All -

So I have found a silver - if not gold - lining in our trip being canceled and rescheduled. When I booked our ABD trip in July and purchased airfare in August, I paid almost $1,500 per ticket!! Before I called American today, I went on their website to book a "new" reservation and the tickets were $950 per ticket!! So - the $250 change fee was absorbed by the decrease in fare AND we were each issued a $260 travel voucher!!! With two kids heading to college (out of town and out of state(( ) they will be used right away!!

Hi All -

So I have found a silver - if not gold - lining in our trip being canceled and rescheduled. When I booked our ABD trip in July and purchased airfare in August, I paid almost $1,500 per ticket!! Before I called American today, I went on their website to book a "new" reservation and the tickets were $950 per ticket!! So - the $250 change fee was absorbed by the decrease in fare AND we were each issued a $260 travel voucher!!! With two kids heading to college (out of town and out of state(( ) they will be used right away!!
That is excellent! I would still see if ABD will reimburse you for the $250 change fee. They should, that's what their policy says.

Glad it's all worked out to your advantage!

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter