ABD has lowered the price on the Northern CA trip

Bobo912

DIS Veteran
I think this just happened today. The price is $200 less than it was previously. I was thinking we might add a couple of days to our Tauck Bridges trip and go to Lake Tahoe, so I was checking to see which airport they tell you fly into for the ABD trip and I noticed the price change. I don't see any price change on the other two trips I was considering (Peru and Alpine Magic), but I'm not familiar enough with the others to be able to tell if the price has changed.

I think this just happened today. The price is $200 less than it was previously. I was thinking we might add a couple of days to our Tauck Bridges trip and go to Lake Tahoe, so I was checking to see which airport they tell you fly into for the ABD trip and I noticed the price change. I don't see any price change on the other two trips I was considering (Peru and Alpine Magic), but I'm not familiar enough with the others to be able to tell if the price has changed.

I haven't looked at the prices since I booked my own trip but the ones listed are still in their listed price range and are higher than the lowest possible rate. I don't know, they originally had 4 trips with the rest of the dates waitlisted now they only have 2 and all the others are waitlisted, want to take bets on what trip won't be on next years itinerary :) (of course I want to go on this one)

It doesn't look like the prices have gone down on the Knights & Lights trip. But I did notice that Dottie's dates are no longer listed as "Waitlisted", which means they've opened it up to the general public. I hope that means that Dottie & her group are going, and they just needed a few extra to round it out!

Sayhello

I haven't looked at the prices since I booked my own trip but the ones listed are still in their listed price range and are higher than the lowest possible rate. I don't know, they originally had 4 trips with the rest of the dates waitlisted now they only have 2 and all the others are waitlisted, want to take bets on what trip won't be on next years itinerary :) (of course I want to go on this one)

Yes, I would be surprised to see this one offered next year, but you never know. We started thinking about this trip in mid-Dec and they were down to just two dates even then. So their bookings must have been non-existent to drop the other two trips so early. I just can't see why they priced this trip so high. If they were staying at the Ahwahnee, it would make more sense.

It doesn't look like the prices have gone down on the Knights & Lights trip. But I did notice that Dottie's dates are no longer listed as "Waitlisted", which means they've opened it up to the general public. I hope that means that Dottie & her group are going, and they just needed a few extra to round it out!/QUOTE]

That does sound promising for Dotti's group. Wondering if she's thinking about a destination for next year yet? :)

We were seriously considering the N.Ca trip for this summer, and I was looking at ABD, Tauk and other options. Its a great part of the country. However, after reading a lot and comparing prices, itineraries, etc. . . . when I discovered that the land-based price for the ABD N.Ca trip was the same as the land based price for the ABD for Central Italy, I kind of stripped my gears there.

Ultimately, we decided to go for Central Italy in August. (I know air fare will more than make up any price savings, but Italy has always been a dream and the itinerary looks great!).

So much for all that research!

We were seriously considering the N.Ca trip for this summer, and I was looking at ABD, Tauk and other options. Its a great part of the country. However, after reading a lot and comparing prices, itineraries, etc. . . . when I discovered that the land-based price for the ABD N.Ca trip was the same as the land based price for the ABD for Central Italy, I kind of stripped my gears there.

Ultimately, we decided to go for Central Italy in August. (I know air fare will more than make up any price savings, but Italy has always been a dream and the itinerary looks great!).

Congrats! I think the Central Italy trip sounds wonderful. If the ABD portion of my Med Cruise doesn't get canceled, I'll be doing some of that same itinerary in May!

Northern California will be there next year. :)

Sayhello

I was thinking the same thing about the price. I could go on several of the European trips for nearly the same price for the land portion as the California trip. If my son hadn't expressed a strong interest in Yosemite (and I haven't been there and want to go too), I probably would have waited to see if I could get a good deal on airfare and just booked which ever European trip worked out for us. They all look great and there are just the two of us so there would likely have been some trip we could have joined at the last minute. That may be my strategy for next year. :) And since they lowered the price, I guess we weren't the only ones who thought the price was too high for a US trip.

The July 26 Peru trip has gone up $180 to the same price as the other summer dates. That just happened within the last day or two. Guess that is a good sign for the folks on this trip that it is almost full.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter