? About check in

milmore104

Mommy to 3 Disney Princesses
I have never checked into a room not being the main person on a reservation. My question is can I still check in to the resort if I’m on the room reservation but I’m not the main contact person? Or does that person have to check in? Hope this makes sense.

If you do advanced check in through MDE for a Disney resort, anyone on the reservation should be able to use their magic band to check in, to the best of my knowledge. We checked in online last year. While we were riding ME, we got the text that our room was ready. When we arrived at AKL, we bypassed the front desk and went straight to our room. One of our kids touched his magic band to the door of our room and it worked fine for him.

I have never checked into a room not being the main person on a reservation. My question is can I still check in to the resort if I’m on the room reservation but I’m not the main contact person? Or does that person have to check in? Hope this makes sense.

Yes, as long as you're on the reservation, you can check in :).

So when you check in online do you get a map showing where your room is? What activities are available? I guess what I'm asking is how do they replace the "paper" info you recieve when you check in at the desk?

We found our room pretty easily because of the signage, and they had people in the lobby welcoming everyone "home," assisting, and answering questions. There was also a concierge in the lobby.

As far as activities, there was a binder and other information on the table in our room at check in that listed all the activities. You can also call the front desk with questions.

I have found the resort activity online prior to departure. There might be a link on the resort thread here on disboards.

What resort did you stay at? In the past when we checked in there was a CM with an Ipad that would know are name and help with checkin does that still happen? Thanks1

Thank you everyone. We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside. If I check in online do they do the thing where I’ll get a text that my room is ready and I can by pass check in?

Thank you everyone. We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside. If I check in online do they do the thing where I’ll get a text that my room is ready and I can by pass check in?[/QUOT
What resort did you stay at? In the past when we checked in there was a CM with an Ipad that would know are name and help with checkin does that still happen? Thanks1

The only time we bypassed check in was on our last stay at AKL in Jan. 2017. I am not sure when they started doing it, but it is available at all the resorts now. We will be at Pop on our next stay at the end of this summer. If someone who has stayed more recently has more info., I hope they chime in. Disney changes things all the time so I hope my information is accurate.

They send you a link to a map when you get the text saying your room is ready. (If you are not the lead person in the room you will have to arrange it so you are the one who gets the text). They will not send you anything regarding resort activities. That stuff is left in the room now.

Is anyone else finding that online check-in is not working today?

We've never done it before either & thought we would give it a try but it's not working thru the website or the app.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter