? about cribs in CBR rooms

crusoe2

DIS Veteran
We have requested a crib for our stay at CBR in a couple weeks and I was wondering if anyone who has used one there can tell where they set it up in the room. Also, did you get a regular crib or a Pack & Play? We were told that we could get a regular crib. Hope this was accurate as our DD doesn't sleep well in the Pack & Plays. TIA.:)

Hi,
We just got back today from CBR with our ds 2 1/2 We requested a crib. I was told they only had pack & play cribs. When we checked in it was not in our room, an inconvenience as it was already 1:00 and ds needed his nap. I called housekeeping, and they didn't bring it until 3:30 when ds was already sleeping in our bed. I hope you have better luck.

5/24- 5/26/2003 CBR
1/2003 ASSR
2001 CSR
1999 ASMUR

Last time we ordered a crib at the CBR it was a stainless steel, rather small crib. Somewhere between the size of the full size crib and a pack-n-play. The baby ended up in the bed with mommy and daddy as she would not sleep in the crib. Maybe if you bring all her favorite crib things with you she might warm up to it. A hotel room is unsettling to them in the first place and it took her a couple of days to feel comfortable in the room.

None of the WDW resorts supplies a full-size crib (like home). They usually try a pack 'n play first, but the second option is much worse IMO. What it is is a wooden or metal "crib". This is basically a pack 'n play that is raised off the floor, with a non-moveable side bar. It isn't any more comfortable than a pack 'n play and I actually thought the pack 'n play was safer. I know it's the same size as a pack 'n play, since I had brought a pack 'n play sheet if I got one, and I got this, and my sheet fit right on!! They didn't even provide me with a tight fitting sheet, just a regular white flat sheet. Now, I've only had the option of the "crib" at deluxe resorts, I've always been told at the other resorts, pack 'n play only. If you really need a full size crib, you have only two options. First, get bed rails and place baby in one of the beds with mom and dad, and use the bed rails on the other side to gate him/her in. It does work. The second option is to contact www.abbf.com They rent full-size cribs for approx $65 per week, and will deliver to all WDW resorts.

We requested a cribs for each of our adjoining rooms 2 weeks ago. Neither was there when we got in the room, but it only took about 30 minutes for them to deliver. They were pack n plays. We rearranged some of the furniture in the room to fit our P&P. They say you can fit it in the closet area nicely, but we needed the hang up space. Also I had alot of things on that shelf above and didn't want to chance anything falling.

Thanks so much for all the information. I am so glad I thought to ask about this and didn't just wait until we got there to see what we ended up with. We had thought about that arrangement - her in bed with me while Dad and big brother share the other bed - but she is a very active sleeper - she rolls around all over the bed. I'm afraid she might manage to fall off the bed even with the bedrail. Can anyone tell me how long the rail is, how much of the bedside does it cover? And how sturdy? Do you think it would stay in place even with my DD pushing on it? (And keep in mind that she is very strong for her age.) Sorry for all the questions but this could be a major issue for us - if we can't work out a safe and comfy sleeping arrangement we will have to reconsider staying on-site.:( Thanks again.

They have "arms" that slide under the mattress, so are pretty sturdy. I requested 3, two for the side and one for the bottom of the bed and never had a problem.

Lori, is this crib similar to what we will get?

http://store.babycenter.com/product/nursery/furniture/cribs/6552

If so, I think that might work for us since our DD isn't sitting or pulling up yet. I can see where this type bed would not be very safe for a slightly older baby, tho. Was the mattress in it just like in a pack 'n play with the board in it or just a regular mattress only thinner? Do you think it would make it more comfy if we put a baby comforter or folded blanket underneath? Thanks again for all the info.:)

If the CBR will give you the crib, yes it will be similiar. Except that the matress height is MUCH lower. That makes it VERY difficult for putting baby in and getting him/her out. I remember that DH and I almost had to "drop" my DS in. We couldn't reach the bottom of the crib(DH is almost 6'), since the outside rails are fixed, they don't move. The mattress height is fixed in what would be the lowest position on a full size crib. I also didn't receive any bumper pads with it, so remember that as well. The matress is similiar to a regular crib mattress only thinner. I WOULD NOT use anything to make the mattress more comfortable, since that could lead to suffocation.

Thanks again, Lori. Your info has been very helpful. I am definitely leaning towards calling ABBF to rent one of their cribs. I didn't want to spend the extra $ if I could help it but it sounds like it may be worth it.:)

Just thought of a couple more questions. Where in the room did they set up the crib and will there be room for a full size crib if we rent one from ABBF? Thanks. :)

You might have to scoot furniture around a bit but there should be room. Last time I took my two sisters and niece we brought along one of those aero beds, full-size, and while it was a bit tight, we managed. A corner room may give you a bit more space. You can always move the crib out of the way when you are not using it. Since the renovation, there seems to be a bit more storage space in the rooms. If you have a rental car, take your empty suitcases and put them in the truck until it is time to (sob) pack up. You can also store stuff under the beds, so we will leave a suitcase under each bed and pull it out and put our dirty clothes in it. Saves a lot on space. We also pack some extra plastic hangars to hang up clothes as they don't provide enough. Have fun on your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter