? about Electronic Tickets

sncbird

<font color=blue>I need a Starbucks Latte!<br><fon
We just booked our next WDW trip on American Airlines. They e:mailed us our itinerary and a receipt for our Electronic Ticket. We've only used paper tickets in the past so I'm unsure on how this works. We plan on doing curb-side check in. Can we get through security with these or do we have to go to the ticket counter and have paper tickets printed? :confused: How does this work :confused:

Thanks for your help!!

When we used curb side check in (on NWA) with e-tickets, the man checking our luggage also gave us a boarding pass. We went right from the curb through security and to the gate.

I'm not sure what your airport's procedures are at this time. At MSP, you used to be able to get through security with just the e-ticket receipt/itinerary. We did that when we only had carry on luggage. However, I recently read that now you must have a boarding pass. Even if you need a boarding pass, it is very easy to get one if you have an e-ticket. Most airports/airlines have electronic kiosks for their e-ticket customers to use to check in. You just insert a drivers' license or credit card and the ATM-like machine asks you the security questions and prints out your boarding pass. There are almost always airlines employees nearby helping people through the process. It's very easy and very quick.

I personally love e-tickets and do not want paper anymore. It's one less thing to worry about losing. All you really need to check in is your picture ID!

Enjoy your trip!

With e-tickets, they still issue a boarding pass right?

Is your reservation just in their system as opposed
to having to carry around tickets?

I, too, am a newby at this e-ticket stuff. What
happens if there is a flight or time change?

You can print out your boarding pass from your own computer-just go to the AA web site!

Some of us have a hard time getting over
a "paperless" society. Thanks for the info.

Thanks everyone for the info. I had no idea I would print my boarding passes from the AA website. Where on the Web-Site do you go?

On the AA home page, on the left side, click reservations, than flight check-in. A page will come up asking you to log in with your AA Advantage #. If you don't have one, you can sign up for it right there. You might want to do that before your actual "check in" in case you have any problems. You can check in 1-12 hours before departure. Hope this helps!

E tickets are great! You might wantt o check with your airport to see what their procedure is, I know mine just changed and I think you now have to check in before you go through security. I printed my boarding pass at home and it saved me a lot of time. On the way home I was able to use curbside check in and they issued the boarding pass here.

We've never had a problem with E tickets. If you don't do web check in, you can get boarding passes from the Sky caps.... at least we did with SWA last summer.....

Orbitz has a link to airport information. You need an actual boarding pass to get through security at some airports, not just an e-ticket confirmation. Check your airports out. You may not need to do anything until you get to the gate.

We may try the web check in for Usair this Friday. I'll let you know what we think!

Holly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter