?? about Trash and Towel Day

tink'smom2B

Chasing Tinkerbell Full Time
Since we are staying 6 nights, we only have one T & T day. If I purchase extra towels when we arrive, will I have the same number replaced on TT day or will I need to repurchase? Thanks for your help.

Probably depends on the cast member and how much attention they're paying. Worst case you buy more towels

I believe that the policy is that you repurchase them, but we have never had to. Our extras have always been replaced.

If you want the extras for the entire stay and don't want to take the chance then just throw your extra towels in the washing machine the day of T&T service and wash them yourself - no repurchase necessary but they won't be taken away :)

Never occurred to me to buy more towels. I wash mine every couple days. Or I just bring extra towels to room from the pool.

please don't do this.

Why not? Is it an issue with housekeeping or the pool? We tend to forget and leave the pool towels in our room. It gets washed if we have a w/d, but only used as a bath towel in extreme case.

Why would we have to *repurchase* towels? Won't they bring more? I wash mine but I'm curious.

Why not? Is it an issue with housekeeping or the pool? We tend to forget and leave the pool towels in our room. It gets washed if we have a w/d, but only used as a bath towel in extreme case.

Because you are transferring costs you should be paying to all DVC members through our annual dues.

Why would we have to *repurchase* towels? Won't they bring more? I wash mine but I'm curious.

They will bring more on T&T day but they are only supposed to replace those that were in the room when you arrived and not replace those you paid extra for.

Because you are transferring costs you should be paying to all DVC members through our annual dues.

I don't understand. What cost are you referring to? The additional work on housekeeping to pick up the pool towels? Or in PP's case not paying for additional towels?

When staying less than 8 nights we will call housekeeping and change our TT day .. for 6 nights, we would have them come on day 3, so hanging up towels and reusing isn't a problem.

We just stayed 8 nights at AKV and asked for our full cleaning on day 4 and our TT on day 6 .. no problem with either request. I couldn't see waiting until day 8 for a full cleaning, when we were leaving the next day!

We also toss towels in the washer if we begin to run low before TT service.

One of the pluses of the villas with an extra bathroom ... our two bedroom at Kidani had 12 bath towels ... 4 in each bathroom! With 6 of us in the unit, and changing our full cleaning and TT days, we never had to wash towels!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter