AC today?

Snowwark

DIS Veteran
I put our air conditioning on today for the first time this year. Finally....:sunny:

Anyone else put theirs on? :)

But the best part was when I was driving home! I had the windows down, the tunes cranked, air on and I kept my jacket on!LOL I like the look of peoples faces when they think I don't have Air and I wear a jacket!:crazy:

Getting ready for that August Florida Heat!

Hey, had to put a smile on after finding out the 2004 Christmas Cruise was not when we speculated!:rolleyes:

Scratch
:wave:

Bad cruise news, Janet?

You had the AC on, and the windows open? :confused: Do you have one of those really loud, basey woofer tweeter thingys? :p ;) :)

We actually turned ours on last night. It worked.....big sigh of relief!

What's going on with the Christmas cruise?

Just the Plain Old Radio that came with the Car!LOL

Don't want to distrub too many people!LOL All I know, it's loud enough to drown out DD when she start a whining!:rolleyes:

If I had one of those things, it would cut into my Disney Budget! And we can't be doin' that!

Scratch
:smooth:

Had the AC on in the car on the way home from the Dis Store in Hamilton today and had the tunes on all the way and we do have a big subwoofer in the trunk and a big stereo system in teh car it is awesome wouldn't have it any other way. It just makes it all that much better when we listen to our Disney tunes and people give us the strangest looks when they hear the monorail man come on and talk all aboput the trip from TTC to Epcot it is priceless. Still have not turned on the AC at home though can't be bothered it isn't hot enough yet consistently to warrant it.

Since Christmas is a Saturday, speculation was maybe leave the 23rd or 24th for a 10 day! Well I usually get the week between Christmas and New Years off, so with a 10 day, new itinerary, DD in Middle School Now, Yes She Passed!, do not want to waste school days, ... Long Story Short, DCL decided to start the Christmas Cruise December 18th! No Can DO! Too much work for year end, etc., etc., To say the least, a little dissappointed this morning! But I'll live, I hope!LOL

And of course the next week's cruise is a Western, which I have no interest in!:rolleyes:

Life goes on!
SIGH.

Well there could be 2005! Time will tell.

Scratch

Awww, that's too bad about the Christmas cruise Janet. :( Will you go anyway and just spend your Christmas vacation at WDW?

I spent most of the afternoon down in the basement and didn't realize that it was so warm out. I haven't "unwrapped" our central air unit from winter yet so I just turned on the ceiling fans when I came upstairs.

I kind of hate to turn on the "air" after waiting for it to warm up for so long. After high gas bills this winter, I'm not looking forward to high hydro bills from the A/C. There's another couple of days of this heat wave, so we'll see.

My car is all black inside and out and gets very hot. I have to go out tomorrow so I hope the A/C works okay in it ~ it was recharged last year.

No won't do a WDW trip. When we were there in January, asked a driver what he thought, and he said "forget about it"! Too many people!

Good Luck with the AC in the car!

Scratch

I know Janet but I'm in the house more these days because of allergies. :(

When we went down to WDW a couple of days after Christmas, for NY's 2002, the parks WERE busy. I was used to that because of our summer and March Break trips but NY's Eve was absolutely packed!

Sorry to hear about the cruise Janet....:( , maybe you could extend your "LODGE" trip.

As for AC, nope didn't put on today...our house is well shaded and it stays fairly cool. Later in the day, when I got home, the temp was 28*, but I just opened windows & turned on ceiling fans. :smooth: My car, on the other hand, i think I've had the AC on for 2 weeks now.
But all I can say:This sure beats snow any day!!!!

Would you believe our a/c is broken? Well sort of... my parents think it's leaking into the roof... at least their ceiling is leaking :rolleyes: Oh well. I guess it's more of an excuse to spend time away from home *lol* I don't mind the heat that much... I'd take it over any snow day.

Sorry to hear about the cruise situation Janet ... I like the idea of extending the lodge vacation :p

I finally ended up uncovering the A/C and putting in on later yesterday afternoon. The ceiling fans couldn't keep up with the heat that descended on the house in the afternoon. I'll be turning it on again soon today too with temps expected to be hotter than yesterday.

Have you all been listening to what they are saying about the hydro situation? Those generators that they bought won't be up and running until the end of July. That doesn't sound very promising if July ends up being hot again. Guess we all won't be "DISing" as much will we! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter