accidentally spilling secrets

AngieBelle

<font color=#FF0066>Future Belle on Broadway<br><f
I saw this on that long thread on the themepark board about unoffical WDW rules- never say the secrets of WDW outloud. I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that I've been guilty of this one! My problem is, I forget sometimes that most people don't have the same view of that sort of thing that I do. You see, I find it absolutely *fascinating* that the hydrolaters in the living seas don't actually move! I think it's sooo cool that it's just an effect because it looks and feels so real. Maybe it's because I'm a theatre person, but I *like* knowing how things are done, and I think it makes you appreciate the magic more when you know the secrets behind it. I'll try to keep my mouth shut next time though. hehe.

Don't worry, I'm very good about keeping the illusion of the characters when I'm in the parks though. They're still quite magical to me, and I even worked at WDW two years ago and saw them backstage all time!

that those things didnt' really move.......but gave us the illlusion that it moved.......NOW tell me do we really drop 13 stories in TOT or is that an illusion too........take care

Pumba, we told one of our sons that the TOT was just an illusion!! :jester: :bounce:

Gosh, tho, he didn't believe us!!!:p

Do they still use the hydrolators??? I thought I had heard, somewhere on these boards, that the "ride" part of "Living Seas" wasn't being used any more. I guess I assumed that that was the part they were refering to.

Any details???

The ride that is no longer used is the little tram ride that used to take you to the main area.

My personal fav is the rumor I heard that someone tried to sue Disney because the DROP in the Hydrolaters caused her ear drums to burst. Don't know if it was true, but I would not bet against it.

How is the hydrolater not moving a secret when it is Birnbaum and other guides?? I have also heard the story about someone suing Disney about ears popping due to air pressure change.

There are very few "secrets" about Disney that are not covered somewhere on these boards or other sources. There is nothing wrong about discussing technical aspects of how the magic is generated for those who want to know.

I was talking about a thread on the parks board where someone mentioned don't say the "secrets" outloud when you're there at the parks.

Originally posted by AngieBelle
I was talking about a thread on the parks board where someone mentioned don't say the "secrets" outloud when you're there at the parks.

Hee -- I once had my mouth covered by a CM at the Haunted Mansion for almost revealing how you can know for sure that the walls go up, not the floor dropping.

I have gone on 8 of the backstage tours, none of the magic is lostwith me. Maybe enhanced, but not lost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter