Adam the Woo Banned from Universal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to clarify I think waiting 5 years is a lot and kind of crazy. Adam has learned and changed what he puts up after the 1st incident. I do wonder if Universal just realized how big he is and decided to make an example where one wasn't needed? I do feel for the guy because I'm a big believer in 2nd chances and he seemed to have been taking his very seriously. He does put out quality work.

I've said it before about this guy,he's a joke trying to get into places that he doesn't belong is just plain dumb. Don't feel sorry for him one bit, one day he's gonna do this in the wrong place and get himself or worse somebody injured or hurt. Don't know if it was the way I was raised or what but obviously people don't have the same respect for others property that I was raised to have whether it be a huge business or your neighbors place, it's what is wrong with the world today people feeling bad for this guy. He broke the rules he suffers that is the way it should be.

If it's about the Triceratops footage, and if that was filmed 5 years ago, he's lucky they just noticed it. In FL it seems the statute of limitations for trespass is 4 years. And you face up to a year in jail assuming you have no weapon. Guy got lucky it's only a ban.

I have a feeling this is a publicity stunt. The timing seems too convienent to fallon's opening and when he got banned from wdw it made headlines. NOT to mention these were for videos he did almost five years ago.

Last edited:
I really doubt Universal did this for publicity. What could they gain?

Marketing Manager: "We're opening a new ride that is the first queueless ride... we'll have Jimmy Fallon broadcast the Tonight Show from Universal and have him here to open it... anyone have any other ideas on how we can raise our profile?"

Marketing Employee 1: "I know, let's get The Rock to help!"

MM: "Great idea! Anyone else?"

ME2: "Let's release details about the food options at Volcano Bay!"

MM: "Love it! We can even have people sample it!"

ME3: "Hmmm, why don't we pull the trigger on banning Adam the Woo. We've been sitting on this for 5 years now - THIS is the perfect time to do it!"

MM: "YES! Theme park bloggers will take this thing to the top! You couldn't PAY for that kind of attention! The rest of you are fired!"

Really, I bet half the people that heard about this (which would be a TINY percentage of people) felt sorry for Adam and didn't approve of them doing it 5 years later.

I can't feel sorry for him, he knew the risks and decided to do it. I enjoy his current content and I'm glad he's left the sneaking around in the past, but just because he has left it in the past doesn't mean Universal needs to forget about it. It's strange that it took them 5 years to do it, though.

I don't think he goes to Universal very often - it looks like he's posted a handful of videos in the past few years - maybe it was just the wrong day for him to be there. Lots of management in the park, he may have just been spotted by a manager that didn't like the trespassing from years ago. The other times he was there, that manager may not have been on duty.

I think it is very sus on Universal. Why did they wait to kick him out until he filmed the Jimmy Fallon Opening. They got there publicity then kicked him out. If someone is banned from the park, wouldn't you just deny them entry into the park and not wait until then.

Good example for the kids: Things you put on the internet can effect you the rest of your life.

Yup. The internet is forever!

I'm sure the fine folks at Disney, who are on this board and others like it, are keeping a rather close eye on this.

Someone up the page said they saw him in WDW, that was true. They also just taped a live Saturday tv show for the UK on Main St... Any coincidence in him showing up around that? Think not.

Both Disney and Uni offer too much temptation for him and his ways... he'll find himself on the wrong end of the stick again in Disney/Uni.

Yup. The internet is forever!

I'm sure the fine folks at Disney, who are on this board and others like it, are keeping a rather close eye on this.

Someone up the page said they saw him in WDW, that was true. They also just taped a live Saturday tv show for the UK on Main St... Any coincidence in him showing up around that? Think not.

Both Disney and Uni offer too much temptation for him and his ways... he'll find himself on the wrong end of the stick again in Disney/Uni.

His situation with WDW was resolved. He has full rights to go there again as a passholder. I'm sure they are aware of him and keep an eye on his content. I personally enjoy Adam's videos. The banning is unfortunate, but not unjustified.

I personally think that the online world of youtube meets theme park blogging has changed since his original video was posted, or even his original concept of "abandoned videos" started.

It seems that internet personalities (should you call him one) are easy and cheap marketing for the parks themselves and keeping in line with the rules would only give them rewards... look at the social media events that UO hosts for events like HHN's etc with backstage tours etc.

Does anyone have actual timelines with actual video(s) that caused this outcome for him? It seems weird for five years to pass and this to just be dug up now.

I don't understand how this would get Universal publicity. I'd think many more would think who is that guy and go check out his blog that they've never been to before. (Or those who used to follow him are reminded and start checking on his blog again to see how he's handling it). It would not inspire most to check out Universal though.

He broke a rule. He got into trouble. I don't see the issue. The five year gap is a bit odd, but I don't see that as a problem. Maybe his case got buried in legal. Maybe a higher up came in wanting to get stricter with cases like this. We can only speculate. It doesn't take speculation to know he broke a rule though.

Like a pp said, Adam doesn't really visit Universal all that much. His love is Disney World. He didn't even make too big of a deal about getting banned from Universal either. He was like, well that just happened and now I'm moving on.

IMO I think another vlogger ratted him out to universal by bringing this to their attention now that he is back in Florida for a short time. Competition gone then right. Adam the Woo is very popular in the YouTube world so I could see this easily happening.

But I could be wrong. Guess we will never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter