Add-on at SSR or AKV?

disneymom8589

DIS Veteran
DH and I just returned from our 1st visit to SSR. Overall, we really liked it. The distances between places was a bit overwhelming, especially for first-timers! It will take some getting used to! :) While there, we had the chance to meet our guide, Gib McCain. He is a wonderful person and took us on a tour of the SSR 1 and 2 bedroom units as well as the GV. DH and I also went over to see the new AKV set-up units at SSR. WOW! They look much more impressive in person than in pictures! I especially liked the "Circle of Life" tiles in the bathroom of the bedroom units and the flat screen TVs were great.

DH and I are considering adding 125 points to our contracts (we currently have 325 between two contracts at SSR). Would you recommend keeping them at SSR or adding at AKV? Another thought would be to wait to see if CRV or a DVC at DLR opens up. Any ideas what be helpful!! :goodvibes

I added on at AKV. I don't think it will be that hard to own at two different resorts. Plus I feel that AKL will be where I take family members for the WOW factor. I want to be guaranteed a Savannah view and I love that it sleeps one more person.

I went through the same dilemma recently trying to decide between AKV and SSR. In the end I chose SSR because I like the 'condo' style layout that SSR has, where you can park right at your building. Plus we really like the laid-back atmosphere and proximity to DTD.

The double Developer points (current incentive) also played a huge part in our decision making. In the end it was just too good a deal to pass up.

If the Developer points aren't a big deal to you, I think that I'd go with AKV. You already own a sizable interest at SSR, and you will have an easier time booking 7 months out at SSR than you are likely to have at AKV.

Good luck with your decision.

Since you already own 325 at SSR, I would do the add-on at AKV.

Thank you everyone for your advice! Originally we were leaning towards adding on at SSR so we can get a GV down the line when our adult children get married and have their own families, but in looking at point values for rooms, it would probably be more advantageous to get multiple rooms instead. We now are leaning towards adding at AKV, so I appreciate your insight and helpful advice!! I agree that it would be nice to be able to reserve a room at AKV at the 11 month window. :goodvibes

DH and I just returned from our 1st visit to SSR. Overall, we really liked it. The distances between places was a bit overwhelming, especially for first-timers! It will take some getting used to! :) While there, we had the chance to meet our guide, Gib McCain. He is a wonderful person and took us on a tour of the SSR 1 and 2 bedroom units as well as the GV. DH and I also went over to see the new AKV set-up units at SSR. WOW! They look much more impressive in person than in pictures! I especially liked the "Circle of Life" tiles in the bathroom of the bedroom units and the flat screen TVs were great.

DH and I are considering adding 125 points to our contracts (we currently have 325 between two contracts at SSR). Would you recommend keeping them at SSR or adding at AKV? Another thought would be to wait to see if CRV or a DVC at DLR opens up. Any ideas what be helpful!! :goodvibes

Gib McCain is our guide also! I agree with you about him being awesome!

I would like to do an SSR or AKV add on also. My DW likes the look of AKV, but we love SSR. We went over to the resort to have a look see on our recent trip. But we don't want to have to stress over trying to figure out booking points with our SSR points and the AKV points to get rooms. At least yet. We are new members and stil getting the hang of all of this. It is just overwhelming to think about points at two resorts at this time.

Good luck!

I would like to do an SSR or AKV add on also. My DW likes the look of AKV, but we love SSR. We went over to the resort to have a look see on our recent trip. But we don't want to have to stress over trying to figure out booking points with our SSR points and the AKV points to get rooms. At least yet. We are new members and stil getting the hang of all of this. It is just overwhelming to think about points at two resorts at this time.
It's really not all that hard. You use your SSR points for all SSR reservations between 7-11 months in advance and you use your AKV points for all AKV reservations 7-11 months in advance. You can use any combination of SSR and AKV points for any reservation at any resort 7 months or sooner.

I juggled two contracts at two different resorts with two different use years for many years. That was much harder!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter