Adding a family to my Account

Knaedudley

Earning My Ears
I am totally confused about making park reservations for my group on Monday. My family has two rooms, I can see our tickets on the app. We are traveling with my brother-in-law whose wife has her own account but I need to be able to link their tickets to make reservations on Monday for all of us since we are traveling together. I can’t link their reservation in my account because it’s linked in my sister-in-laws account. How do I get us all linked in one place so I can make park ressies for all 10 of us as once?

Make sure they are on your family and friends list and you are sharing plans. We have 3 rooms booked and have done the above and we all can see each other’s tickets.

But how do I do that? Do I just add them
manually or does my sister in law have to
Do something on her end?

I don't think you have to link their reservation they just have to be on your friends and family and you have to be 'sharing plans'.

Are they listed under your friends and family?

I don't think you have to link their reservation they just have to be on your friends and family and you have to be 'sharing plans'.

No. Tried to add them with their reservation # but it tells me since she has her own acct I can’t add that way. Do I just put them in manually?

Also when I add them do I pick shares planning or that I will do all the planning?

No. Tried to add them with their reservation # but it tells me since she has her own acct I can’t add that way. Do I just put them in manually?
1-I go to friends and family and click the + sign for add a guest. You can add name and age and then you invite to connect. You need her email. I think you have to do it for each person. Then that person has to ok your invite. Then you can pick them from your list when you are planning. (Sorry I have done this in the past but not lately.)

2-I guess you can pick either depending on what you want to do.

Last edited:

What information can my Family & Friends see?
Once an invitation to connect is accepted, you and the Guest you're inviting will be able to add activities for each other and share each other's plans. That Guest will also be able to see:
  • Your full name
  • Your selected character image
  • Your Disney PhotoPass photos and other digital content
  • Your itinerary items
  • Your age (or "18+")
The Guest you invite will also be able to see the full names, character images and ages (or "18+") of your family and friends (unless you decide to keep your friend list private).

***I mention this because we once invited a 'friend' to be part of our list and then they always knew what we were doing. I didn't realize they could see everything! :scared:

When all of them are connected for you to make plans from your Family and Friends List...you will see under their names “ Plans managed by me”

When all of them are connected for you to make plans from your Family and Friends List...you will see under their names “ Plans managed by me”
I think it only says that if you choose 'I want to manage all plans for this guest'. My f&f doesn't say that. ( I chose 'invite to connect')

I think it only says that if you choose 'I want to manage all plans for this guest'. My f&f doesn't say that. ( I chose 'invite to connect')
I thought that is what the OP wanted, was to add and manage those in her list. I have DH and adult DD on mine and I mange their plans. When I see them in F&F it states under their names " Plans managed by me"

I've been trying for weeks to get my husband's accout linked back to mine. We had a trip booked in March and everything was cancelled and rebooked to September. Somehow in the transition I lost the ability to link to him. No matter what either of does in our account we cannot reestablish the link and cannot get access to his ticket on either. Finally gave up and called Disney. Been on hold for almost an hour.

I thought that is what the OP wanted, was to add and manage those in her list. I have DH and adult DD on mine and I mange their plans. When I see them in F&F it states under their names " Plans managed by me"
I'm not sure how it is different. I can still book things for f&f and they can book things for me. I thought it was used more in cases when a parent wanted to manage a child's profile. A relative does this for an adult who cannot manage their own profile. I would choose 'invite to connect' for an adult.

I've been trying for weeks to get my husband's accout linked back to mine. We had a trip booked in March and everything was cancelled and rebooked to September. Somehow in the transition I lost the ability to link to him. No matter what either of does in our account we cannot reestablish the link and cannot get access to his ticket on either. Finally gave up and called Disney. Been on hold for almost an hour.
I have this same problem!! I reinvited them, got the acceptance, but they're still not linked. I ended up in a LONG chat with someone from Guest Services, they told me that I had a duplicate account (no idea how that happened) she "fixed" it for me, but they are still not linked to me on the website, the only thing showing is linked tickets on the MDE app on my phone (not hotel even though we are staying at the same resort) and they are only listed for tikets for 5 days not 6 - which is what their reservation is. So today have to call to try to fix this again so we can make reservations for the whole party! SO frustrating. Everything was fine up until they the May trip was rescheduled!! So frustrating!

I have this same problem!! I reinvited them, got the acceptance, but they're still not linked. I ended up in a LONG chat with someone from Guest Services, they told me that I had a duplicate account (no idea how that happened) she "fixed" it for me, but they are still not linked to me on the website, the only thing showing is linked tickets on the MDE app on my phone (not hotel even though we are staying at the same resort) and they are only listed for tikets for 5 days not 6 - which is what their reservation is. So today have to call to try to fix this again so we can make reservations for the whole party! SO frustrating. Everything was fine up until they the May trip was rescheduled!! So frustrating!

After an hour on hold I finally got to an awesome tech support person who identified that my husband had a duplicate account that his reservation had been transferred to when we rebooked. She moved everything to the correct account in under 5 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter