Adding a person to the Free DDP Package (extra person coming along)

ladycollector

UCF Knights!
We may be taking a friend's daughter with us to WDW. There are only 3 of us on the reservation right now. Do I just call with my reservation number and add her? I've never done a package before + this is during free dining so I'm not sure. Will I need to pay another deposit since we're going from 3 people to 4? Thanks.

Just call and add her, the deposit will stay the same but the total cost of course will increase with her ticket purchase. Everyone in the room must purchase the same amount days on the park ticket.

I made our original ressies on April 5 and called 2 1/2 weeks ago to add our adult daughter. No problem - for the extra adult it cost $15 plus tax and $63 for the one day park ticket additional. I am so pleased that she decided to go along.

Right...do call and add the extra person now. You will pay a small charge for the extra adult in the room, and she will need the one day park ticket.

The deposit cost will not change, but the final bill will change slightly.

Make SURE she is going to go. My brother is still trying to decide if he's going to come with us and 3 different CM's have told me that if I'm not sure to wait to add him. You can ADD someone to your reservation up to 5 days in advance, still receiving the free dining. But if you add someone now, and then have to cancel them within the 45 days, you will be charged normal cancellation fees. Just a heads up :wave:

You can ADD someone to your reservation up to 5 days in advance, still receiving the free dining.
I was told that I had to add my DH before the free dining promotion was finished (June 4, at the time). I decided to add him, pay for the one day ticket and, if he decided not to go, I'd have extra meals for brekkie. :teeth: He's coming, and I'm quite excited about the whole thing! He LOVES to eat! :lmao:

I was also told that I had to add a person before the dining promotion ended.

Debbie said:

I was told that I had to add my DH before the free dining promotion was finished (June 4, at the time). I decided to add him, pay for the one day ticket and, if he decided not to go, I'd have extra meals for brekkie. :teeth: He's coming, and I'm quite excited about the whole thing! He LOVES to eat! :lmao:

Wow, I was told Saturday that I needed to add my niece before I paid for the package due on July 11. I better double check if she is joining us and then call Disney back.

i was also told that you can remove people any time, but will not be able to add after the 6/25 cut-off for free dining... there is no charge to remove a person if the rest of the ressie stays the same (i.e. if you are going from 4 to 3 in the same room, there is no penalty, if you were going from 6 to 4 and 2 rooms to 1 there would be a penalty)

Nancyg56 said:
Wow, I was told Saturday that I needed to add my niece before I paid for the package due on July 11. I better double check if she is joining us and then call Disney back.
You must be going Aug 25th cause thats when my package ttl is due also.. I was also told to add before the free dining promotion was over so I went ahead and added didnt have to pay anymore deposit just upped my total a bit..

We wanted to add our grand daughter and was told that she would have to be added before the free dining ended and also every one on the ressie had to be present at check in for the meal credits to be put on the card.

We were not sure what days she would be with us and were told that when she checked in then they would put the credits on her card.

The CM said too many people were trying to get more meal credits with just a 1 day pass and the person not being there.

bluejasmine said:
You must be going Aug 25th cause thats when my package ttl is due also.. I was also told to add before the free dining promotion was over so I went ahead and added didnt have to pay anymore deposit just upped my total a bit..

Yes, the 21st thru the 26th at POFQ. I am going to add her if there is no penalty for her cancelling as stated in an above post. She is working in the school system, and has not been told what her 1st day is.

You must be going Aug 25th cause thats when my package ttl is due also

Me too! I added my son just in case, but I'm 99% sure he's not going to go with us. He has until 7/11 to decide.

I called this morning to add my mother in the package. She will be visiting during our Disney Trip. Instead of asking her to change the travel dates, I want to surprise her with Disney Trip. But I am not sure the exact dates she will be visiting. I used my daugter as bait and lurked her to come visit. Now she will have to plan her trip from oversea. So I asked the CM what should I do in this case.

I was told I can add my mother even after I paid in full for our package and she is still entitled to free dining. I can't believed what I heard :confused3 so I mentioned the DIS boards there is someone else posting that additional person (not increase the room number) has to be added By June 25,2006. The CM told me that's not correct. We can add my mother when her plan is set and then we just need to pay my mother's additional Room charge for the nights and her admission ticket.

Hope this help

Yes, I still stand by my earlier post because I called this morning and added my brother and my aunt to my parents room and they are both entitled to free dining. I also added them at 2 different times this morning and used 2 different CMs. I asked the first CM about it and she said everyone that I add to my existing rooms up until 5 days prior to my arrival will be included on the free DDP. She said she had no problem adding it on her computer. So, if you get an answer you don't like...as usual...call back and ask someone else. :thumbsup2

Boy is that ever true! "If you get an answer you don't like, call back and ask someone else." The answers seem to change with the CM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter