Adding a person when checking in on app?

KeepCalmAndCarryOn

charfinntastic
Happy Thursday!

I have been seeing comments about people being allowed (asked, even) if they want to add a person to an existing reservation on the app when checking in for their ADR. We are a large group going to Disney in 45 days, and have a reservation where we are one person short. We are continuing to look to add a reservation, and hoping to communicate with the restaurant directly, but is this normal practice? I'd hate to book a reservation that another family could use if the option to add a person to an ADR is fairly common...

Thanks in advance for your help!

I would say that's not a normal occurrence, especially in the current environment of reduced capacity.

i tagged along with my BFF on her trip in NOvember last minute and she was able to add me to her reservations when she checked in. It was only two places but it wasnt an issue.

Maybe. Maybe not. Both have been reported. I'd have a backup plan for that one person.

It seems random. Sometimes I got the option, sometimes I didn’t. If you’re able to snag a reservation for the right number I’d definitely do so to be safe.

I eat onsite 2-10 times a month, and have since the reopening in July when the mobile check-in began. I've been invited to add "up to 1 additional person" every single time BUT Thanksgiving.

But my party is never that large, so YMMV.

I wonder if they invite you to add a guest if you have an "odd" number of guests...therefore filling a table?

Thank you all for the insight! It seemed to me like it was definitely a random offering! We do have another reservation (the timing is just "off" enough to make it complicated, but we certainly will do what we need to do!) but would love to have that extra person with us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter