• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adding days to ticket or AP upgrade

WonderKid

Earning My Ears
If I purchase a 3 or 4 day ticket, then want to add a day or two (or upgrade to an AP), what is the typical process to purchase the extra day(s)? Can this be done at a Universal hotel? Is there a "best" day on which to purchase, i.e. first day, last day, etc?

Yup, you can most always upgrade. Doesn't matter when you do it as there won't be a better price if you do it at the end vs. at the beginning. Just go to guest services at the parks. You can try the ticket desk at the hotel but I'm not sure if they will do it.

I'm really torn about adding express pass option due to cost. I'll be traveling with two teenage sons and we are fine doing single rider lines. Do all of the rides have single rider options? Could this be a way to go? I'd rather have more days in the parks than super expensive tix for a couple of days. Unfortunately we are going end of this month so I know it is going to be very crowded and hot. Would love people's thoughts. We are on a limited budget and staying off-site.

Thanks

Not all rides have single rider but a lot do. You don't need to purchase express pass in advance. Try it without and if you find it really bad, then purchase it. It is available all over the parks.

you can upgrade your day tickets towards the cost of the ap.

but to have your ticket value applied to the ap, you must do this transaction before your leave the park on the last day of the ticket.
if you have a 3 day pass, do the upgrade at guest services before you leave the park on that third day.

you can upgrade your day tickets towards the cost of the ap.

but to have your ticket value applied to the ap, you must do this transaction before your leave the park on the last day of the ticket.
if you have a 3 day pass, do the upgrade at guest services before you leave the park on that third day.

I'm reading this two different ways. Can we do this on any day we are in the park or just the last day? I'm thinking any of the 3 days and not just on the last day.

I want to purchase discounted tickets and book APH at Universal hotel so I want the AP in possession before checking out of the hotel. We will stay near the airport on our final night.

You can upgrade your day tickets towards the ap any day you are in the park

If you do not upgrade the last day you are in the park before you leave, you won't be able to upgrade them after the park closes that night

You can use the inside or outside guest services to upgrade the tickets into the ap

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter