Adding Dining Plan to room only reservation

40ariel

Mouseketeer
I called a few weeks ago to try to add a dining plan to my room only reservation and they told me I could not do that without having all three (tickets, hotel room and dining plan) as part of a package.
I purchased the Canadian Resident tickets separately through Disney.

I accidently did a room only reservation last year. It was such a mess, I ended up canceling and rebooking the whole thing as a package. I would try calling to see if someone at WDW could help you combine. I find that most of the time they are very helpful, they want you to have a good experience.

Ask for a "Ticketless Package". Unless something changed recently, you should be possible to add Dining to a room only reservation. Maybe you just got a bad CM.

Did this work for you? I had a room only package as we are AP holders and called last week to add the dining package was quoted a price over $4,000!! But I called again and finally got the right price (after a long time on hold) so it's worth calling until it works for you.

Ask for a "Ticketless Package". Unless something changed recently, you should be possible to add Dining to a room only reservation. Maybe you just got a bad CM.

I agree...just call back and say you are booking a ticket-less package and want to add the dining plan. Some CMs dont know this can be done

Ive done this the last 2 trips . I booked one night at start as a ticketless dinning package and then the rest just room only . I get my tickets from UK as it works out a lot cheaper . last year it took me 3 calls too find someone who book it as the others said that it wasnt a option . this year first call and I even got the hotel part as the discount offer they had for room only . I add the one night at start as i get refill mug for whole stay plus do character dinning on first or 2nd day under the plan . last year it saved me about $180 from just the one day with the mug , character dinning , we used kids credit as adult meals ( no longer a option) and used snack credits at epcot festival food . just keep calling till you get someone that knows about and it is easy with them

Did this work for you?
I called and for whatever reason they cannot rebook with the new Disney Dining Plan Plus with my unique offer code for the room.

She said she could rebook with the Disney Dining Plan or the Deluxe Dining Plan as a ticketless package with my unique offer code but not the new Dining Plan Plus.

*Edit she was not actually able to book it with the Disney Dining Plan as it was upgrading the room type and charging me more for the room. I did not want to pay more for the room just to get the DDP.

After 1 hour on the phone I decided it was time to say thank you and goodbye.

Last edited:
Maybe it is the unique offer code messing things up. Has anyone else had trouble with a ticketless package using a unique offer code?

Maybe it is the unique offer code messing things up. Has anyone else had trouble with a ticketless package using a unique offer code?

Did you use a PIN code you got in the mail or an email? That shouldn't make any difference in adding the old dining plans. This new one apparently isn't playing nice with existing discounts. I expect that will change eventually.

Did you use a PIN code you got in the mail or an email
Email
That shouldn't make any difference in adding the old dining plans.
The cast member said I could make a new ticketless package reservation with the unique pin code and the old Disney Dining Plan. However when she started to make the reservation she said there was none of the standard room types available, so the system changed my room type to a Savanna view which increased the costs. She said don't worry Guest Services can change that for you after you pay. I did not trust the information she was giving me so I did not proceed.
* The interesting part is that I can go on the website and look for rooms using the unique offer code and there are standard rooms available.
This new one apparently isn't playing nice with existing discounts. I expect that will change eventually.
This would be ideal if I could find a cast member that could book a ticketless package for me with the standard room type and the Dining Plan Plus.

Last edited:
This would be ideal if I could find a cast member that could book a ticketless package for me with the standard room type and the Dining Plan Plus.

If you have the time, I think I would wait a week or so and try again. That will give Disney time to fix the system. I just can't see why they would single out one dining plan to not allow for this and the other problems they are having. It has to just be the system wasn't quite ready for the roll out, which is not uncommon.

If you have the time, I think I would wait a week or so and try again. That will give Disney time to fix the system. I just can't see why they would single out one dining plan to not allow for this and the other problems they are having. It has to just be the system wasn't quite ready for the roll out, which is not uncommon.
Ok I will. It does worry me that she wasn't able to even do the old Dining Plan without upgrading the room to Savanna View.

I have a one night room only booked for June, I called and added the Deluxe plan, no problem. The room is booked under a promotion as well and the rate didn't change by adding the dining plan.

Ok I will. It does worry me that she wasn't able to even do the old Dining Plan without upgrading the room to Savanna View.

I think you had someone who didn't know what she was doing. Adding the dining plan to an existing reservation does not require a new reservation and so no reason to have to upgrade.

I think you had someone who didn't know what she was doing. Adding the dining plan to an existing reservation does not require a new reservation and so no reason to have to upgrade.

Technically, I believe it's two different reservation systems, so most CMs will cancel the room-only and rebook it as a package (ticketless, but still a package with package rules). Now, some may be better at this than others, and are able to do it without losing the original room type. Some may not be as good at it.

I called and added the Deluxe plan
This would be ideal.
Adding the dining plan to an existing reservation does not require a new reservation and so no reason to have to upgrade.
Any tips on how to get a CM who can do this?
Now, some may be better at this than others, and are able to do it without losing the original room type. Some may not be as good at it.
As lovely as the CM was I got the distinct feeling that this was over her head.

Agreed. I would call again! As I mentioned, the first person I spoke with wanted to charge over $4k for the meal plan. If it's important to you, keep calling until you get the answer you want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter