• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adding guests onto a dining reservation

irishtigger

DIS Veteran
This is my 1st post and I hope someone can help. So here is the back information to my question. My mom and I are going to Disney and had all of our reservations booked well in advanced and we just learned Sunday that my cousin and his family (consisting of himself, his girlfriend and her 4yr old) were going the same time. The only catch is they used an outside travel agent and she never told them to book dining reservations right away and since they have never been before they had no idea how dining worked she thought she could just walk up. :confused:

So here's my question if we go to our reservations early would they be able to accomodate adding 3 more people? (NOT CRT or Chef's Mickey's) I have called and the system won't allow the reservations to be moditified. Has anyone ever done this? If so what was the outcome? I know people don't show up for reservations they make all the time. I don't want to upset anyone waiting I just feel really bad that she got really bad information from what ever ding dong travel agent they used. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you!:goodvibes

Last trip, we had someone decide to join us last minute, and we couldn't change any of the ADRs either. Each time we got to the restaurant we asked nicely if we could add one person to the res. It was never a problem.

But, that was adding one person to a party of 5, to make it a 6. So, we probably got the same table either way.

You're going from 2 to 5, so that might be more difficult. It can't hurt to ask, and hopefully at least some will say yes.

Also, you can try to make new reservations and canceling the old ones if you succeed in making new ones.

I would try the online system and make new reservations.

We have added one person (going from 3 to 4) and we did not have problems, but you are adding three people, which makes you go from a two top to a 5/6 top!

Other factors to keep in consideration - WHEN are you going - for Free Dining ........... I doubt you will be seated. During value season (other than FD) maybe :confused3
Which restaurants - your chances might be much better at a resort (not Monorail ones) than the popular park ones and Monorail ones.

Good luck!

Thank you. I have called to make completely new reservations but there isn't availability. I should have mentioned we leave Monday and it just for that night at 1900 Park Fare. Thank you for all of your help I really appreciate it. I feel really bad it was a last minute trip for the 4yr old birthday and all she wants to see in Cinderella. If we can't get in I would let her, her mom and my mom eat together there and my cousin and I will go grab something at Kona or the Grand Floridian Cafe. Having her see her favorite princess is more important than me seeing her. I have seen her a lot and this is her 1st time. :wizard:

I was just about to ask this same question and was wondering if anyone has
done this?
My sister just called me today saying they were thinking of going to WDW when we go in Sept. and they would like to eat with us.

Well I have checked for different dining times and nothing is available. I was wondering if it would be possible to add her and her Husband to our Ressies?

It will be me, DH and DS
then my Sister and Brother in law.
That would make it 5 of us all together

Thank you. I have called to make completely new reservations but there isn't availability. I should have mentioned we leave Monday and it just for that night at 1900 Park Fare. Thank you for all of your help I really appreciate it. I feel really bad it was a last minute trip for the 4yr old birthday and all she wants to see in Cinderella. If we can't get in I would let her, her mom and my mom eat together there and my cousin and I will go grab something at Kona or the Grand Floridian Cafe. Having her see her favorite princess is more important than me seeing her. I have seen her a lot and this is her 1st time. :wizard:

I just wanted to say that is really nice of you. :goodvibes I hope you have good luck with changing your ressies to add your family members.

SGMCO - I can let you know how we make out when we get back next week. Hopefully I will have some good news. The reservation dept suggested trying to add on 1 more which will move us out of a 2 top table into a 3 top which it would be easier to add 2 more after that. Hope that tip may help you.

But I will let you know.
:goodvibes

The same thing happened to me. I had all my ADR's booked and now my Brother in law says he is bringing his 2 step kids with us and we leave in only 8 days!!!

I was able to fix all the ADR's except 1. Tusker house breakfast. We have a ADR for a party of 8 and now I need to add 2 children but there is no availability for a party of 10.

Our ADR was for 8:10AM before AK opens so now I'm just gonna show up with a party of 10 and hope that they let us have breakfast there. Maybe they can accomodate us. If they don't I will be stuck outside AK with 6 hungry children next Sunday. Hopefully, they will allow us to go in and try to add the 2 kids to our ADR. I've been checking everyday to see if something opens up, but I know its a long shot with a party of 10.

We had absolutley no issues at all. We arrvied early they took us at our regular time and everything went swimmingly. The CM's were even saying how unexpectedly crowded it was last week and we still had no problems adding them on. However, we did hear a lot of people who didn't have or didn't know they needed reservations for table services places and they didn't get it. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter