Adding guests right before check-in

pixieprincess925

I can't get to Disney soon enough!
Checking in Friday, but want to add a guest (points reservation). Is there any issue with me modifying the reservation at this point? Will I mess up my reservation or my points?

Checking in Friday, but want to add a guest (points reservation). Is there any issue with me modifying the reservation at this point? Will I mess up my reservation or my points?
No issues now. But after you checkin, it becomes far more difficult.

In our experience, (two weeks ago), front desk needs to remove everyone's name and add back everyone's name. It made at least 8 or 10 trips to the front desk for us. At one point, neither DVC nor the front desk even had our reservation. It was only when I gave my res # to them, they were then able to find the res. It never ever showed up on my DVC site again. Still doesn't show as a past reservation.

In our experience, (two weeks ago), front desk needs to remove everyone's name and add back everyone's name. It made at least 8 or 10 trips to the front desk for us. At one point, neither DVC nor the front desk even had our reservation. It was only when I gave my res # to them, they were then able to find the res. It never ever showed up on my DVC site again. Still doesn't show as a past reservation.
Does that mean they didn't take your points for the reservation? 😉

I'm just worried that the points would go into holding and then get pulled from noon holding it some nonsense. Am I worried for nothing?

Ha, ya, points were certainly taken. I kept telling them the whole time, I don't doubt that they would always have a two bedroom for us, whether in the hotel or in the villas. I truly trusted them to have a room somewhere for us. But it was the largest and longest hassle I have ever had.

You will be fine. I added my Dad to our reservation last year on Wednesday when we were arriving on a Friday. He decided late Tuesday night to come along on the trip. I called and was able to add him with no issues. Had to create a profile in MDE so I could link him into the reservation.

Even if there's a chance someone will be joining you, and if you have the guest capacity on the reservation, I'd add them. There's no negative to having them on the reservation that I can think of. Something you might consider if you do add an additional guest - double check in your MDE to verify the additional person has been recognized on your reservation. They should come over to the MDE link from the DVC reservation when you add them, but check. I believe it's the reservation and guest list in MDE that cast members at your resort will see.

Even if there's a chance someone will be joining you, and if you have the guest capacity on the reservation, I'd add them. There's no negative to having them on the reservation that I can think of. Something you might consider if you do add an additional guest - double check in your MDE to verify the additional person has been recognized on your reservation. They should come over to the MDE link from the DVC reservation when you add them, but check. I believe it's the reservation and guest list in MDE that cast members at your resort will see.
Yes, I concur. Modify the reservation on the DVC website by adding the new guest, then check MDE to see whether they appear there. You might have to do online checkin (or do it again if you've already done it) to get them to appear. As above, the guest list on MDE is the important one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter