Adding the DDP at a later date?

Phalene

Mouseketeer
Is it possible to book a MYW package (not during free dining) and then later add the dining plan?

My brother and his family are now thinking of going to WDW with us, but they aren't sure if they want the dining package. If they book a package now, can they add the dining if they change their minds later? Is there a time frame that they would need to make any changes by?

TIA!

I called on this and was told we had to add it within 48hours of arriving. I added it last week for us.

sistertrip said:
I was told that you could even add the dining plan at check-in.
You can add prior to arrival - I've heard 3 days and I've heard 5 - but you definitely CANNOT add the DP at check-in. It doesn't make any sense to me, frankly, but you can't do it.

You cannot add the DDP at check in. DVC members must add it at least 5 days before check in. MYW plans must add it at least 3 days in advance.

However...keep in mind that they must book a qualifying plan and that it is possible that there will be no more plans available that can add DDP ( limited numbers are sold!) If they have booked a discounted room rate, it is totally possible that they will not be able to switch to a plan that can add the DDP--again, it depends on availability. The best thing is to make their decision as soon as possible and book what they want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter