Addonitis Math

Yes more common than you’d imagine when you first set out on the DVC journey… I somehow have 9 contracts after buying my first in June 23 🤔
Can’t wait to tell my husband that by the relative standard of new DVC members I am the paragon of restraint.

Full disclosure, I took a call from a 407 number I was pretty sure was a DVC guide today, prepared to pull the trigger if they had 50-75 VGC points to sell me. 🤣

When you throw in an AP or DVC discount, and lodging is "free" or at least no added cost, then you can "save money" going to WDW for the weekend if you find a cheap airfare. (Yes, I have done this)
I am literally thinking about doing this soon, without the Dvc discount or AP. Waiting for our first ever DVC points to load and membership to start (end of April- delayed closing) with 40 points to use before Aug. 1. I’m seriously contemplating a weekend trip down if I can find an available room to use up those points. 😂

Can’t wait to tell my husband that by the relative standard of new DVC members I am the paragon of restraint.

Full disclosure, I took a call from a 407 number I was pretty sure was a DVC guide today, prepared to pull the trigger if they had 50-75 VGC points to sell me. 🤣
Aaaand, I put in another offer. It's low enough I don't expect it to be accepted, and if it isn't I will try to stay away from perusing the listings.

You guys…dreams do come true— we just left Star View Station and my husband was like “so is there a DVC club around here where we can get more points at?”

In reality, buying VDH direct and having access to Disneyland FWD future rooms and BW/BC post 2042 isn’t the worst thing in the world either.

The studios are very nice and they have a lot of them available within 7m for someone who is a local and isn’t going to plan that far in advance for their DL trips.

In reality, buying VDH direct and having access to Disneyland FWD future rooms and BW/BC post 2042 isn’t the worst thing in the world either.

The studios are very nice and they have a lot of them available within 7m for someone who is a local and isn’t going to plan that far in advance for their DL trips.
It’s worth thinking about. I think VDH direct (for us) is worth more than VGC resale, because we rarely are able to plan DLR trips in advance. We didn’t have any interest in VDH at all, but the calculus changes a bit with Disneyland Forward. Still, can’t see myself spending more than $200/pt and we don’t need a huge contract.

It’s worth thinking about. I think VDH direct (for us) is worth more than VGC resale, because we rarely are able to plan DLR trips in advance. We didn’t have any interest in VDH at all, but the calculus changes a bit with Disneyland Forward. Still, can’t see myself spending more than $200/pt and we don’t need a huge contract.
If you had a PV Studio tonight it would be 31 points at roughly $14-15pp with buy in, TOT, and dues. That equals out to about $465…. obviously you could go less expensive with a SV $420 or a duo $360/$330 but the PV Studios have the most availability.

That’s not too terrible… especially for the high cost spring break season….

Of course, the direct Aulani points that you already own work just as well!!!

If you had a PV Studio tonight it would be 31 points at roughly $14-15pp with buy in, TOT, and dues. That equals out to about $465…. obviously you could go less expensive with a SV $420 or a duo $360/$330 but the PV Studios have the most availability.

That’s not too terrible… especially for the high cost spring break season….

Of course, the direct Aulani points that you already own work just as well!!!
$465 seems rich for the Disneyland hotel (or villas), I understand objectively it’s not, but it’s more than I want to pay until a theme park gets built up next to it. $600/night for VGC *feels* like a better value.

It seems like every relationship has a financially responsible partner but chances are if you frequent disboards, it's not you 😂
Given my past posts here, take this with a grain of salt but:

I am the financially responsible partner: I have not yet bought HHI or BCV/BWV direct, and don't plan to. And I still haven't bought a DL DVC or Aulani although we came close.

It seems like every relationship has a financially responsible partner but chances are if you frequent disboards, it's not you 😂
My husband and I shared a good laugh at this. I think I am (slightly) more financially responsible overall, but when it comes to travel and DIS, it’s him by a country mile. He is also generally more frugal, but I’m the long term financial planner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter