Adoption question????

As someone who was adopted at about that age (and am now going into my 30s) I have to say I have no ill-effects and my parents never mentioned any problems they had, they said I adapted very well very quickly to my new family. We are very close today.
CONGRATULATIONS!

My two babies were just over a year and two years when we adopted so I won't be much help. It looks like there are lots of people here that can help. Keep us posted!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Thanks for the great replies everyone. It will be very exciting, and yes, to answer some questions we will have visitations before taking him home. He is actually 5 months now so will probably be 6 months by the time we take hime home. Thanks Again!

The day we met our DS & DD, we were complete strangers, who spoke another language. The family that they had been staying with in America didn't want to drive an hour to the park that we met the kids at, so they had friends, who had never met the kids, drive them to us. Granted, our kids were 6 yo and 5 yo when we met them. Having only known the people who drove them to us for an hour or so, they were already clinging to them. When they met us, they were scared, but by the time we got to our house, they were clinging to us. The kids just want stability and to feel safe. When we were flying back from Russia with them, post-adoption, there were many families on the plane who had adopted 6 mos to 18 mos. The kids were great, even with a 10 hour flight. I'm sure that once your new son understands that you are there to take care of him and protect him, he will cling to you like glue.

Our son is 8 yo today. It was such an exciting morning in our house and I can't wait to pick them up after work today.

Adoption is amazing. Kids are wonderful. Best of luck as you are opening this next chapter in your lives! I'm so happy for you!

This thread has brought tears to my eyes. I just wanted to add my congratulations to you and God bless.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter