ADP - Live From Disney World

Ooooh...have fun!

First day sounded fun! Busy, but fun! Give Anna some belated birthday wishes from us! :)

Anna says "Thanks!"

Make sure you post a picture of the "new" you!!! Congrats on the weight loss :yay: :worship:

Have a great trip!
I will sooner or later. It seems I'm always taking the pictures, but I'll get one up of me. :)

I'm thoroughly enjoying your live trip report...makes me feel like I'm there with you! AKL is my favorite resort...hope you enjoy your drinks at Victoria Falls. Happy Birthday, Anna! Give the giraffes a kiss for me.

Glad you are enjoying it. If I can get a giraffe close enough we'll both give it a kiss. :)

I am totally enjoying your trip report!! I am so jealous of you right now. By the way, the food looks delicious!!!

Honestly, my intent is not to make you jealous. I'm hopeful you look at this report as a way to see Disney World from the comforts of home. :wizard:

Anna says "Thanks!"

I will sooner or later. It seems I'm always taking the pictures, but I'll get one up of me. :)

Glad you are enjoying it. If I can get a giraffe close enough we'll both give it a kiss. :)

Honestly, my intent is not to make you jealous. I'm hopeful you look at this report as a way to see Disney World from the comforts of home. :wizard:
Oh your not making me jealous. I'm envious of you because of the fact that you are in WDW. I was supposed to arrive tomorrow, but we cancelled our trip.

I honestly, love your report and every picture and word, that you say or post about WDW makes me feel like im there.

Thanks!

Look what was waiting for all of us outside the balcony when we returned from the pool today.

Picture057-1.jpg

I gotta get caught up on reading this.. but I hope you are haivng a great time so far!

I'm so jealous were were suppose to stay at AKV in may but couldn't SSR is just fine but I wanted to see some animals up close

hope your trip goes well!!!:goodvibes

Great trip report! I enjoy your photos.

I have to agree with you on Yak and Yeti. We ate inside at table service and the food was nothing special. Our local Chinese restaurant is better except for the theming of the restaurant.

Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Wonderful post ADP!! Looks like the trip is going great!! We love Animal Kingdom, my DD 6 and I are sooo jealous!! We can't wait for your next post!! :surfweb:

Friday, April 4th Evening

Hi again everyone.

After our morning trip from Animal Kingdom we went outside to the Uzima Springs pool. If you've never been to this pool it is very, very large. We really enjoy the fact you can swim and a few yards away is a savanna viewing area. The pool slide is fun but certainly not the best on property. There are several chairs and areas to relax.

Photo of the pool this afternoon
Picture051-1.jpg

The other element of the expansive pool area is the Uzima Springs pool bar. In my opinion this is the best pool bar on property. I love the thatched roof and it is rather large. Large enough to acommodate many guests. The atmosphere is usually festive probably because of the number of people who can sit at the bar area.

Uzima Springs pool bar
Picture052-1.jpg

After our time at the pool we needed to head back to Animal Kingdom for our 5:00PM dinner ADR at the Tusker House.

On our way to the bus depot our real ride pulled up. We rode to the Animal Kingdom in style....No, not really, but its nice to dream, isn't it. :laughing:

Picture056-1.jpg

Let me start off by saying this restaurant is very "Bomaish". For those of you who've dined at Boma at AKL you know what I mean. The flavors of this restaurant are similar. Before checking in we watched the Jammin Jungle parade in Harmbe Village (Africa). Just to let you know I think watching the parade from Harambe provides the best viewing; specifically near the Dawa Bar.

The service we received during our dinner was wonderful. Our waitress Kelly was always available to refill drinks and continually asked us if we needed anything. We found the food to be "adventureous". All of the food was spiced to the "flavors of Africa". I was a little disappointed in the food selection. It seemed limited in my opinion, but the food was good. I would rate the service a 9 out of 10 and the food a 7.5 out of 10.

Our waitress found out it was Anna's B-Day yesterday and she brought her out a very unusual birthday card. This card looked funny to me because it did not have the icon of the 4th Disney World park, the Animal Kingdom. The 3 others were there, but not the Tree of Life. I asked her about that and she said it was an old card. It was made before the Animal Kingdom was built.

Here's the birthday card.
Picture061-1.jpg

My plate of food from the buffet. The string beans were very flavorful.
Picture059-1.jpg

Here are some other photos from the restaurant. The buffet area resembles a marketplace and is very expansive. I like the fact the dishes are underneath the food.
Picture063-1.jpg

Restaurant Signage
Picture060-1.jpg

I'm posting this picture for Disney Kevin. For those of you who listen to his dining reviews on the podcast you'll understand. :laughing:
Picture058-1.jpg

After we finished dinner we were going to head for Dinoland, but the heavens opened up on our way. I'm not talking about a simple rain shower, I'm talking monsoon! Think intro to Gilligan's Island when they first got shipwrecked :scared1:.

We let the rain pass and decided to head back to AKL. It was about 6:30 when we got back. We spent some time walking around the resort. I began thinking about how much longer it would be before visiting Victoria Falls. This is the adult lounge/bar at AKL. I really like this lounge. It's located on the
2nd floor and is somewhat isolated; however, you can hear the noise from Boma one floor below. The decor in the lounge is, in a word, different. It presents itself as a casual bar/lounge and it truly is such.

Bar Signage
Picture053-1.jpg

Here are a couple photos I took from the 3rd floor lobby looking down. Sorry they are a bit dark.
Picture055-1.jpg

The bar area.
Picture054-1.jpg

Frozen Margarita with Salt
Picture064-1.jpg

After the trip to Victoria Falls I decided to call it a night. Tomorrow morning would be here before we knew it.

Up Next
EPCOT
EPCOT Flower & Garden Festival
Disney's Hollywood Studios
Dinner @ Sci-Fi Dine In
A Check on Pixar Place & Toy Story Mania

I'm so jealous were were suppose to stay at AKV in may but couldn't SSR is just fine but I wanted to see some animals up close

hope your trip goes well!!!:goodvibes

You'll love SSR. Piece and tranquility abound; walking distance to Downtown Disney isn't bad either. I see a lot of trips to Goofy's Candy Company in your future. ;)

We love Animal Kingdom
Its such a great resort, isn't it? Its probably the most unique resort in the world. We also love the Polynesian. Could someone let Jim Lewis (DVC President) know the Poly desperately needs a DVC property.

I have to agree with you on Yak and Yeti. We ate inside at table service and the food was nothing special. Our local Chinese restaurant is better except for the theming of the restaurant.
You know, I was thinking about the taste of the sweet and sour pork I had. The coating reminded me of the coating used for the chicken nuggets Disney serves its guests across property.

Aaron are you in a studio or 1-BR? The DVC boards are full of complaints about the small size of the studios (though we know that the ones in Kidani will be much larger). Is this your finding? How is the Kidani construction coming?

Thanks for the pics--they add so much to a trip report!

Hi everybody,

We are off to EPCOT this morning after a light breakfast. We are looking forward to the wonderful flowers and topiaries at the Flower & Garden Festival. Right now looking out our window the sky is clear and blue for now. I'll be back later this evening with another report.

Have a wonderful day in Epcot, Aaron and girls. Looking forward to your report tonight.
It's 40 and drizzly here. I must live vicariously through you...send pics.

I can't wait for the photos from Epcot. We had snow again last night and I am just dreaming of grass and flowers......

Thanks again for the updates.:goodvibes

Great pics!!!!! Thanks for the review of Tusker House I was going to switch our Boma ressie to this but not any more. Have a great day at Epcot. I cant wait to hear more.

So glad I found your live report, ADP! It's a great read.

You're definitely making me more excited about our return to AKL. Love all the pics.

Please pass on a belated Happy Birthday to Anna for us! Cute braids - she's so pretty. :goodvibes

ADP, thanks for the update!! I'm loving this trip report!! The live ones are great. I think they read better because everything is still fresh in your head!!:) I really enjoy this thread and keep it up!! Looks like your DD is having a wonderful birthday trip!!!:cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter