ADR~1st trip...how does this look?

kirs10a

Mouseketeer
Feedback needed! I'm making plans for our 1st family trip in June. I've been twice, but not since HS! DH and the kids have never been...our kids will be DS6, DS4, and DD1 on the trip.

I'd love feedback on my ADR (was behind and lucked into the reservations I have...) as well as recommendations for CS restaurants to add in. We are staying at the Contemporary.

TIA!

Thu, 6/17: Travel/Epcot EMH, 9-midnight
B~at home
L~traveling
D~Teppan Edo, 8:00 PM

Fri, 6/18: DS DS EMH, 8-9 AM
B~in room
L~CS
D~Whispering Canyon Café, 5:25 PM

Sat, 6/19 : MK
B~Chef Mickey’s, 7:25 AM
L~CS
D~CS

Sun, 6/20: AK Father's Day
B~Tusker House,8:00 AM
L~CS
D~CS

Mon, 6/21 : MK
Happy Birthday, Anna!
Get 1st haircut at the Barber Shop on Main Street
B~in room
L~CS
D~Crystal Palace, 6:20 PM

Are you on the DDP? I was just wondering why so many CS for dinner? :confused3Unless your saving them for a good TS that requires 2 credits...just wondering.

Well....yes, we're on the dining plan~1 TS and 1 CS/day. Since we booked the 2 character breakfasts, we ended up with 2 CS dinners at night. I guess we could go to TS, and just pay oop. With 3 kids, I really thought that 1 TS/day would be our max....

It looks good. I prefer not to eat a big dinner and the character breakfasts are great for the kids.

How old are your kids? The only thing I wondered was whether you were planning to stay til close at Epcot (EMH until midnight). I ask this as it looks like you plan on being at DHS before 8 am the next day. As you have the rest nicely spaced I think it is very doable, but I learnt not to do very late nights back to back with an early start the next morning. As I said though, one back to back is fine and I could do it no probs with my 8 year old, but it is something I watch for in my planning.

Otherwise I think your ressies look great.

Oh no--my kids are 6, 4, and 1. They'll NEVER make it to midnight. :) I just kept that info in so that I knew we could walk around a little bit after our 8:00 reservation at Teppan Edo. It was the earliest I could get....but I think if we eat a late lunch after our flight, it will be okay. I'm guessing that we'll be back at the Contemporary by 10PM.

I think your TS ADR's look great. :goodvibes
For CS recommendations:

MK- Columbia Harbour House is our favorite. We also enjoy Cosmic Rays, but it can be a bit of a pain in the tail if everyone wan't something from the different stations.
Epcot - Sunshine Season is our favorite. Lots of choices...something for everyone.
DHS - We don't love anything there. Pizza Planet is fun but the pizza is 'meh'...like every place on property. ;)
AK - We love Flame Tree.

You could also take the monorail over to the Poly for a CS. We love Captain Cooks. :lovestruc

Your plan looks good. :thumbsup2 I'm excited to try Columbia Harbor House on our next trip. We ate most of our CS meals at our resort last time so I want to venture out more in the parks, especially Columbia Harbor House and some of the Epcot places.

Congrats on your upcoming trip!!! SO exciting to be going with 3 little ones!! Lots of magic! :wizard: I think your ADRs look great. I too would recommend Columbia Harbour House in MK for CS. I love their tuna sandwich and DH loves their fish and chips. We always sneak bites of each others. I've heard great things too about Flame Tree BBQ in AK. Never eaten there though. In DHS I think Starring Rolls has some yummy turkey and ham paninis and lots of amazing cupcakes and desserts. Good luck!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter